PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 60cm road bike - $300-$1000

JB
November 26th 05, 05:16 PM
I want to buy a 60cm road bike. My budget is $300-$1000. I would prefer a steel frame but would consider aluminum or carbon if it is within my budget. Please email me with details, pic and your asking price.

--JB

David Kerber
November 28th 05, 01:17 PM
In article >, jb@not-my-
email.not says...
> I want to buy a 60cm road bike. My budget is $300-$1000. I would prefer a steel frame but would consider aluminum or carbon if it is within my budget. Please email me with details, pic and your asking price.
>
> --JB

At the upper end of that range, you can get pretty good new bikes. Are
you looking for a race bike, a tourer, commuter, or what? Check out
Fuji's line; they have several models of different styles for < $1000.
I have a Fuji Touring which I love.

newsgroups if possible).

RJ Peterson
November 28th 05, 03:54 PM
Then, of course, there are hundreds of used bikes out there for these
prices -- many better than the new stuff that is coming off the lines. For
instance, I have a Serotta Colorado II that is built with all Dura Ace sti
components that came in $200 under the $1000 ceiling. So did my equally
equipped Merckx Century. And my Salsa LaRaza. You just have to look a
little.

Dick Peterson

"David Kerber" > wrote in message
> In article >, jb@not-my-
> email.not says...
>> I want to buy a 60cm road bike. My budget is $300-$1000. I would prefer a
>> steel frame but would consider aluminum or carbon if it is within my
>> budget. Please email me with details, pic and your asking price.
>>
>> --JB
>
> At the upper end of that range, you can get pretty good new bikes. Are
> you looking for a race bike, a tourer, commuter, or what? Check out
> Fuji's line; they have several models of different styles for < $1000.
> I have a Fuji Touring which I love.
>

> --
> Remove the ns_ from if replying by e-mail (but keep posts in the
> newsgroups if possible).

JB
November 29th 05, 09:47 PM
I just bought an old Trek carbon bike for $250. Thanks for the info. I would delete the original post if i knew how using this www.usenet.com web interface. Perhaps someone knows how to do that?
--JB

David Kerber
November 29th 05, 10:04 PM
In article >, jb@not-my-
email.not says...
> I just bought an old Trek carbon bike for $250. Thanks for the info. I would delete the original post if i knew how using this www.usenet.com web interface. Perhaps someone knows how to do that?
> --JB

Don't bother trying; nobody does that, and people often like to see the
results of previous posts anyway.

newsgroups if possible).

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home