PDA

View Full Version : estimated value - Armstrong posters?

November 27th 05, 02:19 PM
I was contacted recently with an offer to purchase two of the
collectible posters of Armstrong that I've been holding onto for a few
years. I have the original '99 and '00 commemorative posters from
Oakley and I just wanted to gather some informed estimates as to
current value.

The last '99 "Impossibility Defeated" poster I sold (before Armstrong's
retirement) went for $150. Any educated estimates or information about
where to find reliable estimates would be appreciated!

Email:

Fake name goes here
November 27th 05, 10:37 PM
In article . com>,
wrote:

> The last '99 "Impossibility Defeated" poster I sold (before Armstrong's
> retirement) went for $150. Any educated estimates or information about
> where to find reliable estimates would be appreciated!

wow...glad I got one framed in '99. It's a very cool poster.

bikeguy11968
November 28th 05, 12:43 PM
Hmmm.. let's think about this. I paid 4$ for some TP the other day..
Since that's all it cost to wipe my ass for a few weeks, I figure an
oakley poster of the turd is worth about 2$, since it won't last as
long.

November 29th 05, 03:47 AM
Certainly there are some enthusiasts out there capable of a less
sophomoric response.

Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com
November 29th 05, 02:33 PM
wrote:
> I was contacted recently with an offer to purchase two of the
> collectible posters of Armstrong that I've been holding onto for a few
> years. I have the original '99 and '00 commemorative posters from
> Oakley and I just wanted to gather some informed estimates as to
> current value.
>
> The last '99 "Impossibility Defeated" poster I sold (before Armstrong's
> retirement) went for $150. Any educated estimates or information about
> where to find reliable estimates would be appreciated!
>
> Email:

Whatever the market will bear. If there is somebody that will pay $150
for an unsigned LA poster, it is worth that...altho I think the sig
would make it that valuable, not just the poster. His signature is much
rarer than say Eddy Merckx, who has never charged for his autograph,
unlike Lance...

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home