PDA

View Full Version : Best MUni/Trials Tire

madmattunipro
November 29th 05, 01:49 AM
I ride a Bedfore 24in. Hardcore MUni with a Gazzaloddi. Is there a tire
that is as good as the gazz that won't wear out as fast? I ride mostly
on pavement doing trials and a bit of freestyle, and at this point this
is my only uni. I find that riding on cement all the time can make a
Gazz bald in a few months. Any suggested replacements, or is it better
to spend the money for the grip that the Gazz provides?

I need a tire that can still provide good grip for any obstacle, but
hopefully won't cost $100Cdn and wear out so fast.

Brian O.
November 29th 05, 03:06 AM
The duro wildlife leopard seems to be accepted as being a good tire, it
is what comes stock on the KH 24" muni.
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=561

--
Brian O.

maestro8
November 29th 05, 04:35 AM
You should find another tire if you ride solely on asphalt / cement.
Most off-road tires are made with a softer rubber compound that offers
better grip, but wears out much faster than tires designed for on-road
use.

If you can afford to shell out the dough, fine, buy another Gazz, but
you should expect it to wear quickly.

If you want to buy a tire that will last longer, look at the
"durometer" measurement of the tire... that'll tell you how hard the
rubber is, hence, how long the tire will last. Your Nokian's durometer
is probably 50 or thereabouts. Look for something with a durometer
around 60-65... that should be a good compromise between grip and wear.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

maxisback
November 29th 05, 04:47 AM
well if you are ognna ride on pavement mostly with your 24" id say get a
hookworm.. just kohse does street on his 24" and he ride with a
hookworm.. so I dont think it wear out as much..

--
maxisback
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

forrestunifreak
November 29th 05, 06:16 PM
Yeah, Justin rides street AND off-road muni on a hookworm. It seems like
it would be too narrow and not...bouncy enough though. But he does big
drops on it, so I guess its fine...?

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

Brian O.
November 29th 05, 07:31 PM
Isnt a hookworm 2.5" wide? My friend rides on and it is really bouncy
but it collects dirt like crazy when muniing, after 30 minutes it ends
up looking like a giant donut with no traction.

--
Brian O.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home