PDA

View Full Version : Unicycling Article about Me!

UniTyler
November 30th 05, 11:21 PM
Here's an article my friend's mom wrote. I am guilty of bribe, though -
I wrote my e-mail address on a dollar bill for my friend to give his
mom. :)

|Filename: mini-article_unicycle2.jpg |

UniTyler
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

juggle508
November 30th 05, 11:27 PM
That was a really nice article. There are only two problems. 1 that it
needed to be a picture of you on the column ;) and 2 that they said
unicyclists.com not unicyclist.com

But o well it was a great article and I enjoyed reading it. Keep up the
good work.

KH.

--
juggle508

----------Joshua 1:9 ----------
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

maestro8
November 30th 05, 11:27 PM
[image: http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/attention/attention-red.jpg]

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

UniTyler
November 30th 05, 11:32 PM
juggle508 wrote:
> That was a really nice article. There are only two problems. 1 that it
> needed to be a picture of you on the column ;) and 2 that they said
> unicyclists.com not unicyclist.com
>
> But o well it was a great article and I enjoyed reading it. Keep up the
> good work.
>
> KH.

Gak, I corrected her on her paper when she wrote unicyclists.com, but
she must have ignored the scratch out mark. :confused:

She also put I've gone on several distance rides with SARS, but I've
only gone on one.

--
UniTyler
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

subsonic87
November 30th 05, 11:43 PM
UniTyler wrote:
> Gak, I corrected her on her paper when she wrote unicyclists.com, but
> she must have ignored the scratch out mark. :confused:

Hmmm. 'Check it out' (http://unicyclists.com/). I guess if I ever
wanted to be a "Uni Cyclist," I would go there.

--
subsonic87

Check out one of my latest favorite bands: 'Chagall Guevara'
(http://homepage.mac.com/mpeters/chagall_guevara/) (free downloads).
Also, check out my company, the coolest up-and-coming woodceilings
company: '9Wood' (http://www.9wood.com).
Or don't check 'em out. I understand.
subsonic87's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11153

Tim Morin
December 1st 05, 12:07 AM
Kudos on the article man.

--
Tim Morin
Tim Morin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11002

manon1wheel
December 1st 05, 12:43 AM
SWEET man, people will be saying," Oh thats that one kid in the
newspaper."
thats awsome... good luck!

--
manon1wheel

Riley Crosby

getting better... lvl 5 unicyclist
-.- T1me to overthrow most replies!!-.-
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

James_Potter
December 1st 05, 12:46 AM
pretty flippin sweet!!

--
James_Potter

to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

michael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

habbywall
December 1st 05, 01:03 AM
tyler could you please direct me to the link with the movie of you
saying one million words in one minute?
and where is proof you have skipped a grade?
just curious

--
habbywall

what who said your sig. is supposed to be funny?
habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

harper
December 1st 05, 01:20 AM
Nice article, Tyler. Next time make sure the columnist has the camera
pointed at you, not herself. What's up with that? E-mail me the full
resolution scanned version and I will put it in my gallery with the
other 'articles about local riders.' (http://tinyurl.com/e36ux) Send it
to gregorycharper-AT-netscape-DOT-net.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

U-Turn
December 1st 05, 02:09 AM
Nice going, Tyler! Congratulations on some good press.

--
U-Turn

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

Klaas Bil
December 1st 05, 08:15 AM
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:43:48 -0600, subsonic87 wrote:

>Hmmm. 'Check it out' (http://unicyclists.com/). I guess if I ever
>wanted to be a "Uni Cyclist," I would go there.

That site hijacked my <back> button.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"erectile function trumps public image - David Stone, commenting on the importance of seat comfort"

tomblackwood
December 1st 05, 08:49 AM
Nice article Tyler! You represented unicyling well, and managed to
mention the SARs (uhh, does that formalize the acronym?) in the
process. You neglected to mention that you owe us money.

Just a thought: while riding the STP is an admirable and lofty goal for
any rider, there are better ways to spend your adolescence. You should
really have a discussion with Bruce before you commit. It's not like
the sub-20 mile rides with the SARs. You will train for months at the
exclusion of family and friends. You don't bring a bottle of Bawls
along. You learn about nutrition and hydration at the cellular level.
And then--for two days of hell--you will wake up very very early, do
NOTHING but pedal and eat, pedal and eat, at the same time, WITHOUT
REST, for 10-12 hours straight, only to collapse into a few hours of
muscle-cramped sleep before getting up to do it again. Man, you could
be hanging out with a GIRL instead of doing that! It's better, trust
me!

While admitedly I have a vested interest here, I'd recommend you
consider starting your distance-riding career with the MS-150 rather
than the STP. The training is a bit easier (not much), the ride is
definitely easier at 50-75 miles per day, and you have the opportunity
(responsibility) to raise funds for the fight against Multiple
Sclerosis. Do for yourself while doing for many others. Plus the ride
is closer to your home, and you'll have at least one person to train
and ride with. I don't think there will be any SARs riding the STP
next year. Bruce was the only one of us "smart" enough to do it this
year, and I don't think he's planning it again, at least on one wheel.

End of Tom's mini-sermon :).

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

UNIquelyCanadian
December 1st 05, 02:19 PM
That works...

I'm interested to know what parts you censured out? What did you say
you don't want the forum to know? :)

~Cameron

--
UNIquelyCanadian

"If you're looking for truth, don't search within yourself --You're the
one who's confused in the first place!"
- Frank Peretti
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

yoopers
December 1st 05, 02:51 PM
Great article, Tyler. It only costs a dollar to appear in the
newspaper? Where's my wallet......

I did find this statement interesting, "These require 'big wheels' that
make a turn of the wheel for every turn of the crank." Other than the
handfull of geared uni's around, every direct-drive unicycle no matter
the size will make one wheel revolution with one crank revolution.

Nice representation of the sport, though. Articles like that permit
the unknowing public to take a step closer to knowing.

Bruce

--
yoopers

`_______
/L ,[____],
L---L –0LLLLLLL0-
()_) ()_)----)_)

Munipsycho on the art of raising children: "My job is not to keep them
from falling. It's to teach them to always get back up."

Always give lots of credit and take very little. Seems to make everyone
happier. Conversely, take as much responsibility for mistakes as one
can assume! - Dr. Bobo

unicycledude93: Steve Dekeokeok
unicycledude93: Yoopers
Byrnetown: haha, those are old guys
yoopers's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/31

Wheel Rider
December 1st 05, 04:05 PM
Tyler - Good for you. Just don't let all this praise go to your head
though. :)

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656

Jethro
December 1st 05, 09:08 PM
maestro8 wrote:
> [image: http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/attention/attention-red.jpg]

Maestro, are you saying if the article had been about you, you wouldn't
have mentioned it here?

Congratulations Tyler. That writer's description of you as a motormouth
is just how I pictured you. :D

--
Jethro

'Bill-a-Blog' (http://www.xanga.com/JustPlainBill)
Jethro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9413

UniTyler
December 1st 05, 11:52 PM
UNIquelyCanadian wrote:
> That works...
>
> I'm interested to know what parts you censured out? What did you say
> you don't want the forum to know? :)
>
> ~Cameron

My exact location and my dad's name.

--
UniTyler
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

maestro8
December 2nd 05, 06:27 AM
Jethro wrote:
> Maestro, are you saying if the article had been about you, you wouldn't
> have mentioned it here?

No.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

flyer
December 2nd 05, 03:53 PM
I don't think I would have titled my thread 'Unicycling Article about
Me!'.

And in fact, I didn't :)

I think he's just commenting on the fact that tyler often looks like
he's fishing for compliments, or bragging, regardless of whether he's
intentionally doing it or not.

--
flyer
flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894

maestro8
December 2nd 05, 06:03 PM
flyer wrote:
> I think he's just commenting on....

Yes.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

hecklar
December 2nd 05, 06:14 PM
HE'S A KID!!!!

Most kids see how far they can ram their fingers up their noses for
attention. This kid is doing something interesting, progressive, and
difficult, and he's kicking most of our asses at it too. I find it
amazing that grown men think it's acceptable to belittle a kid that
isn't doing anything wrong. Sure, he's a zealous KID, but i'm betting
that you're all smart enough to filter the zealous out of his comments
if you don't like it. The kid is having a blast, and in today's world
of forcing kids to be adults, i'm damn proud of him for being able to
stay a kid and enjoy life. Wouldn't you want the same for your kid? I
sure would.

On a side note, anyone want to have a contest to see how far we can ram
our fingers up our noses? Let's see videos, folks!

--
hecklar
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

forrestunifreak
December 2nd 05, 07:25 PM
ouch. by dose hurt dow.

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

UNIquelyCanadian
December 2nd 05, 08:02 PM
UniTyler wrote:
> My exact location and my dad's name.

Glad to see you are now thinking of the danger of posting that kind of
thing!

Congrads again on the article, unicycling needs all the press it can
get!

~Cameron

--
UNIquelyCanadian

"If you're looking for truth, don't search within yourself --You're the
one who's confused in the first place!"
- Frank Peretti
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

unijesse
December 2nd 05, 10:38 PM
Klaas Bil wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:43:48 -0600, subsonic87 wrote:
>
> >Hmmm. 'Check it out' (http://unicyclists.com/). I guess if I ever
> >wanted to be a "Uni Cyclist," I would go there.
>
> That site hijacked my <back> button.
>
> Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
> --
> "erectile function trumps public image - David Stone, commenting on the
> importance of seat comfort"

me too but i just did it a few times and it went back

--
unijesse

"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down, this should be the best day
of my life."-Bart Simpson
unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home