PDA

View Full Version : Could L.A. win the IronMan?

Ken M
December 1st 05, 05:03 PM
http://ironmanexplorer.msn.com/article.aspx?aid=21&GT1=7337

I don't know that he could, this article seems to indicate that the author
thinks he could. I personally think he should use his "celebrity" status to
further cycling in general.

Ken

Roger Zoul
December 1st 05, 05:19 PM
:: http://ironmanexplorer.msn.com/article.aspx?aid=21&GT1=7337
::
:: I don't know that he could, this article seems to indicate that the
:: author thinks he could. I personally think he should use his
:: "celebrity" status to further cycling in general.

From the sounds of his comments, he'd never win, IMO.

I think he should do whatever he wants to do, though.

Maggie
December 1st 05, 07:31 PM
Roger Zoul wrote:
> :: http://ironmanexplorer.msn.com/article.aspx?aid=21&GT1=7337
> ::
> :: I don't know that he could, this article seems to indicate that the
> :: author thinks he could. I personally think he should use his
> :: "celebrity" status to further cycling in general.
>
> From the sounds of his comments, he'd never win, IMO.
>
> I think he should do whatever he wants to do, though.

I think we should all do want we want to do Roger. ;-)

Maggie

Claire Petersky
December 1st 05, 10:33 PM
"Maggie" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Roger Zoul wrote:

>> I think he should do whatever he wants to do, though.
>

> I think we should all do want we want to do Roger. ;-)

I don't want to do Roger, I'm a happily married woman.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
See the books I've set free at:

Mark Hickey
December 2nd 05, 05:51 AM
"Ken M" > wrote:

>http://ironmanexplorer.msn.com/article.aspx?aid=21&GT1=7337
>
>I don't know that he could, this article seems to indicate that the author
>thinks he could. I personally think he should use his "celebrity" status to
>further cycling in general.

There was a discussion on the triathlon newsgroup about this during
one recent Tour de France.

It seems that given Lance's time trialing speed, he'd only have to
stay reasonably close in the swim (where the time differences are
fairly minimal) and then run something like 7 minute miles to have won
an olympic-length tri.

Obviously there are a lot of variables to consider, but it's clear
that he'd almost certainly start the run ahead of the field if he was
in "racing shape" when he did a triathlon.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

December 2nd 05, 10:44 AM
He won at age 13 against older athletes, I don't see why he would not
win now.
http://austin.about.com/od/lancearmstrong/p/lancearmstrong.htm

Ken M wrote:
> http://ironmanexplorer.msn.com/article.aspx?aid=21&GT1=7337
>
> I don't know that he could, this article seems to indicate that the author
> thinks he could. I personally think he should use his "celebrity" status to
> further cycling in general.
>
> Ken

Matthew Venhaus
December 2nd 05, 05:15 PM
Mark Hickey > wrote in message
> "Ken M" > wrote:
>
> >http://ironmanexplorer.msn.com/article.aspx?aid=21&GT1=7337
> >
> >I don't know that he could, this article seems to indicate that the
author
> >thinks he could. I personally think he should use his "celebrity"
status to
> >further cycling in general.
>
> There was a discussion on the triathlon newsgroup about this during
> one recent Tour de France.
>
> It seems that given Lance's time trialing speed, he'd only have to
> stay reasonably close in the swim (where the time differences are
> fairly minimal) and then run something like 7 minute miles to have
won
> an olympic-length tri.

Aren't olympic tris still draft legal?

December 3rd 05, 06:28 AM
Lance is nothing. He could not win a tri because he has no team to
coast along with.

Bill Sornson
December 3rd 05, 06:45 AM
wrote:

> Lance is nothing. He could not win a tri because he has no team to
> coast along with.

Right on cue, Little Jimmy Buttpacker /rears/ his ugly head.

LOL

Bill "now pull it out" S.

Zoot Katz
December 3rd 05, 07:15 AM
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 06:45:39 GMT, proudly wearing his brown lipstick,
"Bill Sornson" > slavered:

>> Lance is nothing. He could not win a tri because he has no team to
>> coast along with.
>
>Right on cue, Little Jimmy Buttpacker /rears/ his ugly head.
>
>LOL

You should just move to Texas and set up an ass-kissng booth.
--
zk

Bill Sornson
December 3rd 05, 07:26 AM
Zoot Katz wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 06:45:39 GMT, proudly wearing his brown lipstick,
> "Bill Sornson" > slavered:
>

>>> Lance is nothing. He could not win a tri because he has no team to
>>> coast along with.
>>
>> Right on cue, Little Jimmy Buttpacker /rears/ his ugly head.
>>
>> LOL
>
> You should just move to Texas and set up an ass-kissng booth.

To quote a /real/ asshole: "Gosh, I'm crushed. I hope you realise that
you're now officially off my xmas list."

Bill "Zoot's on an anal-oral rampage today (at least...four posts?)" S.

Ravi
December 3rd 05, 04:24 PM
wrote:

> Lance is nothing. He could not win a tri because he has no team to
> coast along with.

Check out his time to climb Mont Ventoux - 58 mins !! Doesn't that say
any thing ?? If he trains for it, he very well can bag it, but then I am
sure he would want to take a break from rigourous training and racing -
i guess...

+ravi

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home