PDA

View Full Version : portable speakers for bike for Ipod

December 4th 05, 12:32 AM
Anyone know if anyone makes portable speakers for mp3 players for
bikes, something that can attach to the handlebars? I haven't been
able to find anything online or at Apple.com. I know I can rig up
something but would rather have something made for this purpose.

Thanks,

Mark

Nuck 'n Futz
December 4th 05, 01:17 AM
wrote:
> Anyone know if anyone makes portable speakers for mp3 players for
> bikes, something that can attach to the handlebars? I haven't been
> able to find anything online or at Apple.com. I know I can rig up
> something but would rather have something made for this purpose.

If you ride with other people, then please don't do this.

If you ride alone, then /still/ don't do this.

It's rude and obnoxious. (Says so right here!)

Keep your tunes to yourself... N&F

Thomas Wentworth
December 4th 05, 02:02 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Anyone know if anyone makes portable speakers for mp3 players for
> bikes, something that can attach to the handlebars? I haven't been
> able to find anything online or at Apple.com. I know I can rig up
> something but would rather have something made for this purpose.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

I have a trailer ( BOB ). Once in awhile, I pack on the Boom Box. Let them
tunes scream out, nice and loud.

Drives some folks nuts! I don't care ..... in fact, I am happy that some
people don't like it.

Rich Clark
December 4th 05, 02:51 AM
"Thomas Wentworth" > wrote in message

> I have a trailer ( BOB ). Once in awhile, I pack on the Boom Box. Let
> them tunes scream out, nice and loud.
>
> Drives some folks nuts! I don't care ..... in fact, I am happy that some
> people don't like it.

May you fail to reproduce.

RichC

Leo Lichtman
December 4th 05, 02:55 AM
"Thomas Wentworth" wrote: (clip) Drives some folks nuts! I don't care .....
in fact, I am happy that some people don't like it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why is it that people who do things like this never seem to like the kind of
music I do?

SDB
December 4th 05, 03:17 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
: Anyone know if anyone makes portable speakers for mp3 players for
: bikes, something that can attach to the handlebars? I haven't been
: able to find anything online or at Apple.com. I know I can rig up
: something but would rather have something made for this purpose.
:
: Thanks,
:
: Mark

What is wrong with listening to what is happening around you?

Ken Pisichko
December 4th 05, 03:17 AM

May you run into 100 years of camel ****!

> Drives some folks nuts! I don't care ..... in fact, I am happy that some
> people don't like it.

Typical egocentric bozo who figures no one else on this planet is worth
anything.....

The Wogster
December 4th 05, 03:19 AM
Leo Lichtman wrote:
> "Thomas Wentworth" wrote: (clip) Drives some folks nuts! I don't care .....
> in fact, I am happy that some people don't like it.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Why is it that people who do things like this never seem to like the kind of
> music I do?

Yeah they seem to only like really bad country, thrash-metal or rap.

Three of the 4 types that are on my
if-I-never-hear-again-its-a-good-thing list....

Roger Zoul
December 4th 05, 04:00 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Anyone know if anyone makes portable speakers for mp3 players for
> bikes, something that can attach to the handlebars? I haven't been
> able to find anything online or at Apple.com. I know I can rig up
> something but would rather have something made for this purpose.

The iPod comes with portable speakers. Use them.

bitwisebob
December 4th 05, 04:09 AM
On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 23:00:12 -0500, "Roger Zoul"
> wrote:

>The iPod comes with portable speakers.

no they don't -- headphones, sort of portable speakers I guess, ok

---
Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
Eugene Oregon

Gooserider
December 4th 05, 12:16 PM
"Thomas Wentworth" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Anyone know if anyone makes portable speakers for mp3 players for
>> bikes, something that can attach to the handlebars? I haven't been
>> able to find anything online or at Apple.com. I know I can rig up
>> something but would rather have something made for this purpose.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mark
>>

> I have a trailer ( BOB ). Once in awhile, I pack on the Boom Box. Let
> them tunes scream out, nice and loud.
>
> Drives some folks nuts! I don't care ..... in fact, I am happy that some
> people don't like it.
A pox on your house, sir.

Jeff Williams
December 4th 05, 02:38 PM
Leo Lichtman wrote:
> "Thomas Wentworth" wrote: (clip) Drives some folks nuts! I don't care .....
> in fact, I am happy that some people don't like it.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Why is it that people who do things like this never seem to like the kind of
> music I do?

My experience is that consideration for others appears to be
proportional to both class and intelligence.

Bill Sornson
December 4th 05, 03:43 PM
Gooserider wrote:
> "Thomas Wentworth" > wrote in message

>> I have a trailer ( BOB ). Once in awhile, I pack on the Boom Box. Let
>> them tunes scream out, nice and loud.
>>
>> Drives some folks nuts! I don't care ..... in fact, I am happy
>> that some people don't like it.

> A pox on your house, sir.

Or vice versa. (Gonna leave a mark.)

Bill "ding dong tune now in head" S.

Chris Zacho The Wheelman
December 4th 05, 05:44 PM
I've never had an Ipod, but I do have a walkman radio/cassete which I
use in just the way you describe.

What I did was to get a pair of portable battery powered amplified
speakers from Radio Shack and tucked them into the side pockets of a
handelbar bag. The walkman goes into the top pouch.

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Chris Zacho The Wheelman
December 4th 05, 05:46 PM
One more note: I do NOT recommend playing music while riding in heavy
traffic. Save it for quiet roads where you don't need 200% of your
attention on what's going on around you!

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Unk
December 4th 05, 06:39 PM
In article >,
Jeff Williams > writes:
> Leo Lichtman wrote:
>> "Thomas Wentworth" wrote: (clip) Drives some folks nuts! I don't care .....
>> in fact, I am happy that some people don't like it.
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Why is it that people who do things like this never seem to like the kind of
>> music I do?
>>

> My experience is that consideration for others appears to be
> proportional to both class and intelligence.

My own experience is that consideration for others depends
on whether the person in question actually likes people.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Archie A.
December 5th 05, 10:02 AM
>>My experience is that consideration for others appears to be
>> proportional to both class and intelligence.
>My own experience is that consideration for others depends
>on whether the person in question actually likes people.

Different strokes for different folks
Peace to all
Archie A

rcoder
December 5th 05, 05:47 PM
I semi-regularly (>1/mo.) go on larger social rides where music (at a
reasonable volume, of course) is a much-appreciated addition to the
party. On the other hand, I am consistently annoyed and frustrated by
people out riding with headphones who can't, for example, hear me
saying "on your left" unless I shout at them.

All I'm really trying to say is that enjoying music while riding should
*always* be done with some consideration for the effect it will have on
other riders, whether you're using speakers, headphones, a live
instrument, or your own voice.

-Lennon

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home