PDA

View Full Version : Semcycle Longneck Frame Issues

UniTyler
December 4th 05, 11:25 PM
I've got problems with my frame. I have ever since I got it. Now I am
really ticked off because of the fact that now the bearing cap bolt is
stripped at the little notch that keeps it from spinning so I can't
even take the frame off. I have no clue what the matter with the frame
is. It is a few millimetres off center with the tire/wheel, and the
seat is noticably cocked to one side. This affects my gliding and
coasting, so it has become an issue. What should I tell UDC? What
should I do immediately? I don't plan on at least -paying- for a new
frame as I fear the same problem would arise. To rule out a few things
- the wheel is completely true, my other frames work on this wheel and
are perfectly straight, and yes it does bother me enough to need
change.

--
UniTyler
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

skate4flip
December 4th 05, 11:45 PM
my sem frame doesnt line up with the bearings. you have to force it on.
I took it off it to see what was wrong (whenever ever i would do
certain clicks the whole thing would shift) and i alot of trouble
getting it back on. My onza just fits right on perfectly. Does yours do
that?

--
skate4flip

Post 23000, 25000, and 29000 in the Most Replys thread!!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 11/20/05*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

DK
December 5th 05, 12:38 AM
_*Is_your_wheel_dished_correctly?*_

--
DK

*\"faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of
death.\" - hunter s. thompson*
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

UniTyler
December 5th 05, 01:33 AM
The wheel is not dished, it turns evenly slanted to one side.

--
UniTyler
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

jagur
December 5th 05, 01:39 AM
UniTyler wrote:
> The wheel is not dished, it turns evenly slanted to one side.

i told you like 5 months ago that one leg was slightly longer than the
other...SHIM IT!

--
jagur

What might Sinter Klaas_Bil you for this year?
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

UniTyler
December 5th 05, 01:57 AM
jagur wrote:
> i told you like 5 months ago that one leg was slightly longer than the
> other...SHIM IT!

How do you shim it? Heck, I dunno what a shim even is! :-)

--
UniTyler
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

DK
December 5th 05, 02:26 AM
UniTyler wrote:
> How do you shim it? Heck, I dunno what a shim even is! :-)

cut strips out of a coke can and put the under the top bearing hold of
the longer side

--
DK

*\"faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of
death.\" - hunter s. thompson*
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

UniTyler
December 5th 05, 02:27 AM
DK wrote:
> cut strips out of a coke can and put the under the top bearing hold of
> the longer side

Wouldn't you put it under the short side??!?!?? :confused:

--
UniTyler
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

DK
December 5th 05, 03:27 AM
UniTyler wrote:
> Wouldn't you put it under the short side??!?!?? :confused:

:o :o
oops

you're right

--
DK

*\"faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of
death.\" - hunter s. thompson*
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

forrestunifreak
December 5th 05, 06:08 AM
If its not breaking anything or causing any noticeable disturbance while
riding I would say just leave it...

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home