PDA

View Full Version : Static SIF gaps

pete66
December 5th 05, 04:20 AM
Who can gap further than Atkins? And... how far can Atkins gap?

--
pete66
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

James_Potter
December 5th 05, 05:43 AM
Atkin-son- (me) can't gap far at all. especially seat out.
I think that the reason I can't gap seat out well is because I do it to
my left, with my left pedal back, and holding the seat with my right
hand. I believe that it works much better to hold the seat with the
same hand as the pedal thats back...so I'm learning to hop with my
right foot back instead of my left. its hard though.

--
James_Potter

to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

michael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

Spudman
December 5th 05, 06:03 AM
Hey, me too! I jump to the side that my back foot is on, but I don't
think it deprives much distance. It just makes pedal and crank grabs
akward.

I can't jump sif very well yet, but my static hop with seat in is about
4 feet (~1.2 m)

--
Spudman

*| B B|* This space owned by Fly ':cool:'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/VBGooglemap.php)
*| I O |* This space owned by Frees*TYLER!*
*| L A |* *MERCYME owns this space!!!*
*| L R |* This space owned by unijesse
*|__'-' (www.selectric.org)____'D'
(http://www.cathodecorner.com/nixiewatch/index.html)___|* This space
rendered by forrest
Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

forrestunifreak
December 5th 05, 06:06 AM
Hmm, I havent measured myself lately....

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

pete66
December 5th 05, 06:11 AM
forrestunifreak wrote:
> Hmm, I havent measured myself lately....

do it, (starsky and hutch) DO IT

--
pete66
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

pete66
December 5th 05, 10:03 AM
OK, new rules, if you can do more than 2m you HAVE to identify yourself.
It seems sooooo impossible

--
pete66
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

fexnix
December 5th 05, 10:13 AM
I find gapping between two platforms is much easier than gapping on the
ground between two strips of tape or something.

btw. I don´t know how far I can gap.

--
fexnix

'*My fresh gallery*' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
'knarkargänget' (http://surl.se/elt)
chosen and this end up are my main men of choise
\"u can **** off u retard it says sidehop not high jump so shut da f**k
up and go ride a b*ke. nob!\" /butty
fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381

pete66
December 5th 05, 10:25 AM
For me, I think that's definitely true for hopping up onto things, like,
if I try to do a static SIF high hop and look at myself in a
reflection at the same time I get like no air but then when I hop onto
a ledge I get way higher.

I think I find large gaps easier just on the flat though. I have
"commitment issues" with gaps between things.

--
pete66
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

pete66
December 5th 05, 10:28 AM
I can't imagine how any human could static gap more than 2.4m and I'm
99% sure it's never been done

--
pete66
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

apadoxhr
December 5th 05, 01:33 PM
i drive with my left foot back whileholding the seat with my right hand
but i don't find it very bad for gaping (i can gap around 1,4m)
the problem i get is when i have to do a pedal grab it is very heavy to
lean far enough becouse my right arm is holding the seat and right
pedal is grabing

--
apadoxhr

10: apadox is legend;