PDA

View Full Version : is this ok?

bongy
December 6th 05, 05:17 PM
http://www.heavy.com/browserling3.php?vchid=10

heavy is showing the universe 2 trailer, but they never say what it is,
or show the end where it would tell people that its from universe 2. is
that ok? seems kinda fishy to me but i could be wrong.

ohhhhh yeah i should at least point you guys in the right direction,
after the advert its the vid in the middle on the right side.

--
bongy
bongy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11297

ThisGuyIKnow
December 8th 05, 04:30 AM
It really all depends if they have permission from Dan or not. It's
illegal to post an image or video onlien without permission of the
owner, as well as anyone who appears in the picture or video.

But copyright law is rarely followe don the internet.

--
ThisGuyIKnow
ThisGuyIKnow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10203

mojobo1
December 8th 05, 04:37 AM
................................ im
lost.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..

--
mojobo1

what was i doing again?.....:rolleyes:
mojobo1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11304

unicyclistjoe
December 8th 05, 09:13 PM
That definitely is the trailer from Universe 2. I'm not sure if you
could really count that as being illegal, or a breach of copyright,
since the trailer is readily available for download from Syko's website
(I could be wrong though).

It'd be better if they actually showed the part with Syko's contact
information, so people could actually buy the dvd if they were
interested.

"Extreme Unicycle Action! Sounds dumb...but watch and be awed"

--
unicyclistjoe

NZUni President
93cm Highest Hop
225cm Longest Hop
unicyclistjoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6856

TheObieOne3226
December 8th 05, 10:50 PM
I think its illegal if you are making money off someone else's
copyrighted material. Heavy.com is making money from the advertising,
and they use that video to draw people to the advertising, so I'd say
it's illegal.

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

\"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

\"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

Checkernuts
December 8th 05, 11:09 PM
I think while illeagal it could be alot worse, at least they have the
sounds dumb buy be awed, Heavy.com is a fairly big site as far as
traffic goes, I've seen alot of clips from it and know alot of other
people that frequent the sight fairly regularly who usually are not
interested in unicycling.

Dan is really the only one who has a say if it should be taken down or
not, me I'm just glad its good exposure rather than negitive.

And hey, its only the trailer, footage from the rest of the movie would
be alot worse.

--
Checkernuts

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

vicuniclub
December 8th 05, 11:45 PM
personally i would just be ****ed that the edited the video... i mean
they cut the beginning and the end... that has to be a breach of copy
right law... seems unfair that they can do that... i mean it's all good
if it's adversiting... but cutting it like that is just mean!

--
vicuniclub
vicuniclub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10052

Google