PDA

View Full Version : wtb High Q spindle

Bill Patterson
December 7th 05, 07:22 PM
I have a High 'Q' application. Does anyone have a very long spindle or
pedal extenders?
--
See bikes at: http://home.earthlink.net/~wm.patterson/index.html

See bikes and the first human powered helicopter at:

http://www.calpoly.edu/~wpatters/

Reply to

dvt
December 7th 05, 08:08 PM
Bill Patterson wrote:
> I have a High 'Q' application. Does anyone have a very long spindle or
> pedal extenders?

Have you looked at Kneesavers? Here's one link...

http://www.bikescor.com/product/knee.htm

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Jack
December 8th 05, 11:02 PM
Dave has the right idea. KneeSavers are a much better way to increase
Q, since slapping on a longer spindle than spec'ed for a particular
crank will negatively impact chainline.

A riding buddy of mine uses KneeSavers -- they seem to work fine and
have helped him eliminate some knee pain. At 6'4" and over 350 pounds,
he's a good stress test of these things and they've held up fine.

-Jack

Bill Patterson
December 9th 05, 11:15 PM
Jack wrote:

> Dave has the right idea. KneeSavers are a much better way to increase
> Q, since slapping on a longer spindle than spec'ed for a particular
> crank will negatively impact chainline.
>
> A riding buddy of mine uses KneeSavers -- they seem to work fine and
> have helped him eliminate some knee pain. At 6'4" and over 350 pounds,
> he's a good stress test of these things and they've held up fine.
>
> -Jack

Actually, this is for a Battle Mountain Streamliner. The bottom bracket
will be just above the front wheel. The wheel can only turn as far as
the spindle is wide. If we move the bottom bracket up, then the feet
will come into play and then the knee savers will be ok.

http://home.earthlink.net/~wm.patterson/id3.html

--
See bikes at: http://home.earthlink.net/~wm.patterson/index.html

See bikes and the first human powered helicopter at:

http://www.calpoly.edu/~wpatters/

Reply to

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home