PDA

View Full Version : Tour2006-Camping/ Bourg d'Oisans

Stewart Devereux
December 10th 05, 10:39 AM
Never been the tour before, off to see a couple of stages in the Alps in
July- taking the car and camping kit. Trouble is all the offical camp site
will only let me make reservations for between 8-14 days. Only want to stay
a couple nights. Obviously going to be load of people at these stages-
anybody out there offer me any advise - camping sites- best place to watch,
and we TRY and cycles up in the morning.. etc. etc.
thanks

--
Regards,
Stu Devereux.

MartinM
December 11th 05, 07:01 PM
Stewart Devereux wrote:
> Never been the tour before, off to see a couple of stages in the Alps in
> July- taking the car and camping kit. Trouble is all the offical camp site
> will only let me make reservations for between 8-14 days. Only want to stay
> a couple nights. Obviously going to be load of people at these stages-
> anybody out there offer me any advise - camping sites- best place to watch,
> and we TRY and cycles up in the morning.. etc. etc.
> thanks

I used Camping La Piscine at the foot of AdH, don't know the number
sorry but there were loads of bikes there (well rather bikes comprised
about 20 of the 40 people staying there; it was June). And there's just
a small to ride to see the Tour from there! Alternatively just pitch up
by the side of the road or in one of the mass car parks which I imagine
there will be. There is a municipal swimming pool with showers in Bourg
so I'm told.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home