PDA

View Full Version : Its almost Christmas ........ that means

Thomas Wentworth
December 11th 05, 02:53 PM
Only 6 more months till I can bicycle again ...........

HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
HELP... HELP.... HELP .....

Rich
December 11th 05, 03:50 PM
Thomas Wentworth wrote:
> Only 6 more months till I can bicycle again ...........
>

> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....

If your issue is weather related, and bicycling is that important to
you, then I recommend moving to a warmer locale. Life's short. Enjoy it.

Rich

bitwisebob
December 11th 05, 04:45 PM
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:53:14 GMT, "Thomas Wentworth"
> wrote:

>Only 6 more months till I can bicycle again ...........

why 6 months ?

---
Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
Eugene Oregon

The Wogster
December 11th 05, 04:56 PM
Thomas Wentworth wrote:
> Only 6 more months till I can bicycle again ...........

Considering that it is December, and biking season is pretty much over,
although there are still people out, heck, I might take my bike out
around the block, to see how it goes in the snow, then again, maybe not.
Usually by April (4 months), the roads are clear, and temps warm
enough, that road riding is viable, although trail riding usually needs
to wait until mid to late May.

Ken M
December 11th 05, 05:25 PM
Thomas Wentworth wrote:
> Only 6 more months till I can bicycle again ...........
>

> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....

Help: Move to Florida, we have great winter biking weather.

Ken
--
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

Leo Lichtman
December 11th 05, 05:58 PM
"Ken M" wrote: Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.
~John F. Kennedy
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This from a man who is said to have slept with Marilyn Monroe.

December 11th 05, 06:04 PM
The Wogster wrote:
> Thomas Wentworth wrote:
> > Only 6 more months till I can bicycle again ...........
> >

> Considering that it is December, and biking season is pretty much over,
> although there are still people out, heck, I might take my bike out
> around the block, to see how it goes in the snow, then again, maybe not.
> Usually by April (4 months), the roads are clear, and temps warm
> enough, that road riding is viable, although trail riding usually needs
> to wait until mid to late May.

Cycling was okay this morning, well except for the horizonatally blown
snow :). The temp was about -2 C so the riding was quite comfortable
for my short < 5km jaunt.
John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

p.k.
December 11th 05, 06:06 PM
Ken M wrote:

> Help: Move to Florida, we have great winter biking weather.
>
> Ken

We have great winter biking weather here to. (London, UK). Or group did our
regualr 8:30 Sunday moring ride to and round Richmond Park today. Well below
freezing all the way round. Crunching through the surface of frozen puddles.
Rattling over frozen mud ruts. Clear cloudless sky. Shafts of sunling
cutting through the trees and ground level mist. Cup of tea at the Cafe half
way round the park.

Home at 10:30 to buy and decorate the Christmas tree.

Magical morning!

pk

Mike Kruger
December 11th 05, 06:32 PM
"Thomas Wentworth" > wrote in message
> Only 6 more months till I can bicycle again ...........
>

> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....

As a Christmas present, I'm giving you two free links:
www.icebike.com
www.bikewinter.org

The Wogster
December 11th 05, 10:05 PM
wrote:
> The Wogster wrote:
>
>>Thomas Wentworth wrote:
>>
>>>Only 6 more months till I can bicycle again ...........
>>>

>>Considering that it is December, and biking season is pretty much over,
>>although there are still people out, heck, I might take my bike out
>>around the block, to see how it goes in the snow, then again, maybe not.
>> Usually by April (4 months), the roads are clear, and temps warm
>>enough, that road riding is viable, although trail riding usually needs
>>to wait until mid to late May.

> Cycling was okay this morning, well except for the horizonatally blown
> snow :). The temp was about -2 C so the riding was quite comfortable
> for my short < 5km jaunt.

I decided not to go out, besides I used up all my energy shovelling out
the driveway, which I needed to do anyway.....

Mike Jacoubowsky
December 12th 05, 03:16 AM
> Only 6 more months till I can bicycle again ...........
>

> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....

Nonsense! Even if it's not practical to ride where you live, why not take a
winter vacation to a warmer climate? www.ChainReaction.com/haleakala.htm
might give you an idea.

For the life of me I don't understand why Summer is the most-popular time to
visit Hawaii. But the intelligent person who recognizes how nice it would be
to visit a warmer climate can take advantage of some great deals available
during the winter. Go figure.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Thomas Wentworth" > wrote in message
> Only 6 more months till I can bicycle again ...........
>

> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....

Eric Babula
December 13th 05, 01:06 PM
"Thomas Wentworth" > wrote in news:u3Xmf.1646
$057.1567@trndny07:

> Only 6 more months till I can bicycle again ...........
>

> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....

Wait. Where do you live? Why 6 months till you can bicycle again?

No comprendo.

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body.
But rather, it’s to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a ride!!!'

Eric Babula
December 13th 05, 01:07 PM
Rich > wrote in
:

> Thomas Wentworth wrote:
>> Only 6 more months till I can bicycle again ...........
>>

>> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
>
> If your issue is weather related, and bicycling is that important
> to you, then I recommend moving to a warmer locale. Life's short.
> Enjoy it.
>
> Rich

What's wrong with just riding?

Life's short. Enjoy it. If bicycling is that important to you, just get
on your bike and ride!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Wear appropriate clothing.

Charles
January 2nd 06, 11:15 AM
"Thomas Wentworth" > wrote in message
> Only 6 more months till I can bicycle again ...........
>

> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....
> HELP... HELP.... HELP .....

I have a friend named Thomas Wentworth, but he lives here in Illinois. He
doesn't own a bicycle, I don't think.

Small world, isn't it?

Charles of Kankakee

SlowRider
January 2nd 06, 05:31 PM
Thomas Wentworth wrote:
> Only 6 more months till I can bicycle again ...........

Make up your mind to learn to ride in the cold.

In my case, it meant buying winter riding gear (such as thermal jerseys
and booties) and mounting a rack on my road bike to carry extra gear,
but it's been well worth the investment. I don't ride when roads are
icy and I see cars skidding, but that still leaves about half the
winter when the roads are dry and I can ride outdoors. If we had snow
all winter and I didn't want to ride on the roads, then I'd probably
get knobbies for my MTB and hit the trails.

Winter riding can be a lot of fun if you're prepared for it.

-JR

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home