PDA

View Full Version : Re: Do Bicycle LED Lights Provide Light for Riding?

Tom Keats
December 13th 05, 03:23 PM
In article om>,
" > writes:
> My town requires bicyclists to have a bicycle light on when dark. I
> found an LED front light online for $15.00. This will will make me
> visable to traffic but will it provide any light for me? I sometimes
> ride in a very dark conditions but would only need a little light. If
> it doesn't provide any light can anyone recommd a light that does and
> is under $30.00?

Last year I purchased an old-school bottle generator/light set
for $28.change (CDN). The mfgr is Tung Lin (Taiwan), and it's
basically a knock-off of the old Union bottle generators. Such
a system would elegantly fill the criteria you describe.

If you go this route, I'd recommend supplanting the supplied
one-conductor wiring with 2-conductor lamp cord which provides
dependabler connections and doesn't necessitate driving screws
into your bicycle's paint. And it would be a good idea to keep
your LED light as well; use both the generator and LED lights.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.