PDA

View Full Version : stolen humvee

Marlene Blanshay
December 15th 05, 04:18 AM
Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were here
their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the Queen
Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't treated
well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).

But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.

it turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda Civic.

Nuck 'n Futz
December 15th 05, 05:37 AM
Marlene Blanshay wrote:
> Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
> from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were
> here their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the
> Queen Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't
> treated well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).
>
> But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
> anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.

I'll bet it pollutes less than your greenie friends' '92 Corollas and
Civics, but don't let that interfere with a good self-righteous rant.

What if you and your hubby were ripped off in a strange city (jewelry, fancy
bikes, cold hard cash, herbal tea press)? Would you like people to laugh at
you?

Maybe those people were jerks. Maybe they weren't.

Judge much?

> Turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda
> Civic.

Well there you go.

N&F

mhk
December 15th 05, 09:43 AM
I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a Humvee
if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy even a used
one.

That Humvee is a lot more clean burning than an old VW bug or van that
I see most greener's drive.
Nuck 'n Futz wrote:
> Marlene Blanshay wrote:
> > Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
> > from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were
> > here their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the
> > Queen Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't
> > treated well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).
> >
> > But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
> > anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.
>
> I'll bet it pollutes less than your greenie friends' '92 Corollas and
> Civics, but don't let that interfere with a good self-righteous rant.
>
> What if you and your hubby were ripped off in a strange city (jewelry, fancy
> bikes, cold hard cash, herbal tea press)? Would you like people to laugh at
> you?
>
> Maybe those people were jerks. Maybe they weren't.
>
> Judge much?
>
> > Turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda
> > Civic.
>
> Well there you go.
>
> N&F

Zoot Katz
December 15th 05, 10:11 AM
On 15 Dec 2005 01:43:27 -0800, another nobody,"mhk"
> fell off the short bus to mutter:

>I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a Humvee
>if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy even a used
>one.
>
>That Humvee is a lot more clean burning than an old VW bug or van that
>I see most greener's drive.

Yeah but the VW driver doesn't flaunt the "up yours" attitude of those
behemoth ****wagons you so apparently covet.
--
zk

Mark Hickey
December 15th 05, 01:44 PM
Marlene Blanshay > wrote:

>But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
>anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.

So I wuz riding my Huffy to the grocery store and there wuz a guy who
was complaining cuz his $2000 bike got ripped off. But I wuz
BWAHAHAHA! Serves him right for wasting so much money.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 BWAHAHAHA frame

bryanska
December 15th 05, 01:48 PM
mhk wrote:
> I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a Humvee
> if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy even a used
> one.

Anyone can afford almost any vehicle, as long as they're willing to
take on enough debt. If you see someone driving a Hummer it doesn't
mean they're rich.

Relying on one's possessions as a gauge of their wealth is snobbish. If
I didn't care about retirement or an inheritance, I'd own his and hers
Z4s.

Jeff Starr
December 15th 05, 02:52 PM
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:18:18 -0500, Marlene Blanshay
> wrote:

>Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
>from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were here
>their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the Queen
>Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't treated
>well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).
>
>But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
>anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.
>
>it turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda Civic.

Geez, while I think that the Hummer is one of the most useless
vehicles there is, I still see nothing humorous in one being stolen.

It is amazing that at least two replies want to make this political.

What I don't understand, Marlene, is this "serves you right" mean
streak that you occasionally display. Is that who you really are? Do
you enjoy seeing others suffer misfortune? I hope not.

I dislike the Hummer, not because it pollutes, but because they are
hartd to see around. If I needed an suv in that price range, I would
look at Land Rovers.

Life is Good!
Jeff

lowkey
December 15th 05, 03:40 PM
"Jeff Starr" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:18:18 -0500, Marlene Blanshay
> > wrote:

>>But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
>>anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.
>>
>>it turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda
>>Civic.
>
> Geez, while I think that the Hummer is one of the most useless
> vehicles there is, I still see nothing humorous in one being stolen.
>
> It is amazing that at least two replies want to make this political.
>
> What I don't understand, Marlene, is this "serves you right" mean
> streak that you occasionally display. Is that who you really are? Do
> you enjoy seeing others suffer misfortune? I hope not.

The Germans have term for it: 'schadenfreude'. Feeling pleasure at the
discomfiture of others, would be a reasonable definition.

It isn't that unusual. I know as a cyclist my dislike of such behemoths in
many-fold: my immediate safety on the road, the amount of gas they consume,
and, yes, the ostentatious display they represent. Hearing about one being
stolen I don't exactly weep in sympathy for the owners.

Walter Mitty
December 15th 05, 03:43 PM
In an earlier post, Zoot Katz postulated:
> On 15 Dec 2005 01:43:27 -0800, another nobody,"mhk"
> fell off the short bus to mutter:
>
>>I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a Humvee
>>if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy even a used
>>one.
>>
>>That Humvee is a lot more clean burning than an old VW bug or van that
>>I see most greener's drive.
>
> Yeah but the VW driver doesn't flaunt the "up yours" attitude of those
> behemoth ****wagons you so apparently covet.

Should Rolex watches be banned too?

lowkey
December 15th 05, 04:04 PM
"Walter Mitty" > wrote in message
> In an earlier post, Zoot Katz postulated:
>> On 15 Dec 2005 01:43:27 -0800, another nobody,"mhk"
> fell off the short bus to mutter:
>>
>>>I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a Humvee
>>>if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy even a used
>>>one.
>>>
>>>That Humvee is a lot more clean burning than an old VW bug or van that
>>>I see most greener's drive.
>>
>> Yeah but the VW driver doesn't flaunt the "up yours" attitude of those
>> behemoth ****wagons you so apparently covet.
>
> Should Rolex watches be banned too?

Who has suggested banning anything?

Note:

While it follows that someone who states 'Doing X should be banned'
likely believes
'One should not do X'. The reverse is not a reasonable extrapolation.

It is entirely possible to believe that 'One should not do X' without
believing that 'Doing X should be banned'

Scott
December 15th 05, 04:14 PM
Jeff Starr wrote:

> I dislike the Hummer, not because it pollutes, but because they are
> hartd to see around. [snip]

This is exactly why I dislike SUVs and minivans. I can't see
what's in front of them. But I don't laugh when they're
stolen. Don't cry either, though. Just one of those things
that happen.

Scott

Leo Lichtman
December 15th 05, 04:41 PM
"Walter Mitty" wrote: Should Rolex watches be banned too?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Only if they don't pass smog.

Leo Lichtman
December 15th 05, 04:46 PM
"Scott" wrote: This is exactly why I dislike SUVs and minivans. I can't
see what's in front of them. But I don't laugh when they're stolen.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No reason to laugh. It just means that while you are trying to see around
it, there is a different driver at the wheel.

I pretty much agree with Mark Hickey's response.

Neil Brooks
December 15th 05, 04:55 PM
Walter Mitty > wrote:

>In an earlier post, Zoot Katz postulated:
>> On 15 Dec 2005 01:43:27 -0800, another nobody,"mhk"
> fell off the short bus to mutter:
>>
>>>I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a Humvee
>>>if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy even a used
>>>one.
>>>
>>>That Humvee is a lot more clean burning than an old VW bug or van that
>>>I see most greener's drive.
>>
>> Yeah but the VW driver doesn't flaunt the "up yours" attitude of those
>> behemoth ****wagons you so apparently covet.
>
>Should Rolex watches be banned too?

Sounds like you're assuming what people's objections to these things
are. It isn't entirely an argument about pollution.

Have you seen any of the data on the lethality of the
biggest-of-the-big SUV's? Many people buy them because--if they're
involved in an accident, they're highly likely to walk away ... while
the other car's passengers are five times more likely to get carted
off by the coroner.

Social Darwinism at its worst.
--
Live simply so that others may simply live

Bill Sornson
December 15th 05, 05:05 PM
lowkey wrote:
> "Jeff Starr" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:18:18 -0500, Marlene Blanshay
>> > wrote:
>
>>> But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those
>>> tanks anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my
>>> eyes. it turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually
>>> Honda
>>> Civic.
>>
>> Geez, while I think that the Hummer is one of the most useless
>> vehicles there is, I still see nothing humorous in one being stolen.
>>
>> It is amazing that at least two replies want to make this political.
>>
>> What I don't understand, Marlene, is this "serves you right" mean
>> streak that you occasionally display. Is that who you really are? Do
>> you enjoy seeing others suffer misfortune? I hope not.
>
> The Germans have term for it: 'schadenfreude'. Feeling pleasure at the
> discomfiture of others, would be a reasonable definition.
>
> It isn't that unusual. I know as a cyclist my dislike of such
> behemoths in many-fold: my immediate safety on the road, the amount
> of gas they consume, and, yes, the ostentatious display they
> represent. Hearing about one being stolen I don't exactly weep in
> sympathy for the owners.

Schadenfreuder!

:-D

Bill Sornson
December 15th 05, 05:10 PM
mhk wrote:

> I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a
> Humvee if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy
> even a used one.
>
> That Humvee is a lot more clean burning than an old VW bug or van that
> I see most greener's drive.

Um, you do realize that your reply -- directed toward Marlene one assumes --
was instead top-posted under Nuck 'n Futz's note, which said essentially the
same thing (except for the lame "you couldn't afford one" part).

Brilliant! (As they say in the beer commercials.)

*************

> Nuck 'n Futz wrote:
>> Marlene Blanshay wrote:
>>> Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a
>>> couple from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While
>>> they were here their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the
>>> garage of the Queen Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they
>>> feel they weren't treated well by the police (this ia a huge auto
>>> theft city).
>>>
>>> But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those
>>> tanks anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my
>>> eyes.
>>
>> I'll bet it pollutes less than your greenie friends' '92 Corollas and
>> Civics, but don't let that interfere with a good self-righteous rant.
>>
>> What if you and your hubby were ripped off in a strange city
>> (jewelry, fancy bikes, cold hard cash, herbal tea press)? Would you
>> like people to laugh at you?
>>
>> Maybe those people were jerks. Maybe they weren't.
>>
>> Judge much?
>>
>>> Turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda
>>> Civic.
>>
>> Well there you go.
>>
>> N&F

Dane Buson
December 15th 05, 05:58 PM
Scott > wrote:
> Jeff Starr wrote:
>

>> I dislike the Hummer, not because it pollutes, but because they are
>> hartd to see around. [snip]
>
> This is exactly why I dislike SUVs and minivans. I can't see
> what's in front of them. But I don't laugh when they're
> stolen. Don't cry either, though. Just one of those things
> that happen.

I also really dislike them since it seems like the the SUV's around
here are much more likely to have tinted windows. Thus making it harder
to see the driver's intent. The only other drivers with that as a
common feature are young men in their riced-out and/or bassed-out cars.
I think it probably has something to do with insecurity...

--
Dane Buson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"If you love democracy, you don't cheer when The People vote a dictator into

SlowRider
December 15th 05, 06:11 PM
mhk wrote:
> That Humvee is a lot more clean burning than an old VW bug or van that
> I see most greener's drive.

Can you post a pointer to the resource where you found this data?
Thanks!

-JR

Neil Brooks
December 15th 05, 06:19 PM
Dane Buson > wrote:

>Scott > wrote:
>> Jeff Starr wrote:
>>

>>> I dislike the Hummer, not because it pollutes, but because they are
>>> hartd to see around. [snip]
>>
>> This is exactly why I dislike SUVs and minivans. I can't see
>> what's in front of them. But I don't laugh when they're
>> stolen. Don't cry either, though. Just one of those things
>> that happen.
>
>I also really dislike them since it seems like the the SUV's around
>here are much more likely to have tinted windows. Thus making it harder
>to see the driver's intent. The only other drivers with that as a
>common feature are young men in their riced-out and/or bassed-out cars.
>I think it probably has something to do with insecurity...

And ... in my oh-so-scientific estimation ... they're far, far more
likely to be talking on the cell-phone while driving, which--most of
us seem to agree--doesn't help.
--
Live simply so that others may simply live

December 15th 05, 06:53 PM
mhk wrote:
> I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a Humvee
> if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy even a used
> one.
>
> That Humvee is a lot more clean burning than an old VW bug or van that
> I see most greener's drive.

Not if it's a diesel.

Anyway considering the pollution involved in
creating the new Humvee we would all probably be better
off just driving our old VWs.

SlowRider
December 15th 05, 07:01 PM
mhk wrote:
> That Humvee is a lot more clean burning than an old VW bug or van that
> I see most greener's drive.

Can you post a pointer to the resource where you found this data?
Thanks!

-JR

max
December 15th 05, 07:40 PM
In article . com>,
"mhk" > wrote:

> [...] an old VW bug or van that I see most greener's drive.

liar.

..max

Tom Keats
December 15th 05, 07:57 PM
In article >,
Marlene Blanshay > writes:

> The big story was that they feel they weren't treated
> well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).

Yabut it's a HumVee!! :-)
I hope they approached the Montreal constabulary in a polite
and respectful manner. What comes around goes around.

> But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
> anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.

They probably don't need so much hulk of a vehicle anyways.
I guess 99.nnn% of the work it does is moving its own ponderous mass.
Motor vehicles kinda remind me of bureaucracies that exist for their
own sakes.

I think it'll turn up and they'll get it back. Eventually.
'Specially if they talk nice and civil to the police.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Tom Keats
December 15th 05, 07:58 PM
In article t>,
max > writes:
> In article . com>,
> "mhk" > wrote:
>
>> [...] an old VW bug or van that I see most greener's drive.
>
> liar.

Quite.

Real Greens don't drive.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

dgk
December 15th 05, 08:21 PM
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 05:37:39 GMT, "Nuck 'n Futz" >
wrote:

>Marlene Blanshay wrote:
>> Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
>> from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were
>> here their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the
>> Queen Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't
>> treated well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).
>>
>> But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
>> anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.
>
>I'll bet it pollutes less than your greenie friends' '92 Corollas and
>Civics, but don't let that interfere with a good self-righteous rant.
>
>What if you and your hubby were ripped off in a strange city (jewelry, fancy
>bikes, cold hard cash, herbal tea press)? Would you like people to laugh at
>you?
>
>Maybe those people were jerks. Maybe they weren't.
>
>Judge much?
>
>> Turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda
>> Civic.
>
>Well there you go.
>
>N&F

Anyone who buys a Hummer, by definition, is an asshole. My opinion.

The Wogster
December 15th 05, 10:49 PM
Marlene Blanshay wrote:
> Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
> from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were here
> their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the Queen
> Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't treated
> well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).

Most likely New Yorker started ranting about how his city is so much
better then everywhere else, and that this could not happen in New York,
and how New York cops would have it back to him already... The
Montreal Constable, standing there on the street, taking the report,
probably just wanted the facts, so he/she could file the report, get
back in their patrol car, and go to Tims for a coffee refill.

Roger Houston
December 15th 05, 11:30 PM
"Zoot Katz" > wrote in message

> Yeah but the VW driver doesn't flaunt the "up yours" attitude of those
> behemoth ****wagons you so apparently covet.

In Xoot's video game:

"Up-yours" behemoth ****wagon driver: evil.
Humble, micro-****wagon driver: good.

Roger Houston
December 15th 05, 11:35 PM
"Jeff Starr" > wrote in message

> I dislike the Hummer, not because it pollutes, but because they are
> hartd to see around. If I needed an suv in that price range, I would
> look at Land Rovers.

Here's an attempt to hijack this thread to a higher purpose.

If you had enough money to buy a Hummer, and decided instead to travel with
your favorite bicycle to the destination you'd most like to spend a month
cycling in, where would this dream vacation be? And what bike(s) would you
take if transportation costs were no object (remember we're buying this trip
instead of a very expensive vehicle)?

Bill Sornson
December 16th 05, 12:15 AM
max wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "mhk" > wrote:
>
>> [...] an old VW bug or van that I see most greener's drive.
>
> liar.

incoherent snipper.

Marlene Blanshay
December 16th 05, 12:36 AM
mhk wrote:
> I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a Humvee
> if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy even a used
> one.
even if i could afford one, i wouldn't buy one... they're like fur coats.

Marlene Blanshay
December 16th 05, 12:38 AM
Zoot Katz wrote:
> On 15 Dec 2005 01:43:27 -0800, another nobody,"mhk"
> > fell off the short bus to mutter:
>

>>I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a Humvee
>>if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy even a used
>>one.
>>
>>That Humvee is a lot more clean burning than an old VW bug or van that
>>I see most greener's drive.
>

> Yeah but the VW driver doesn't flaunt the "up yours" attitude of those
> behemoth ****wagons you so apparently covet.

true... drivers of huge behemoths are the ones who often yell GET OFF
THE ROAD! Once, my friends and i got yelled and honked at by some tubby
shmuck in a huge luxury car, and his rug rat kid gave us the finger.
When we caught up to him, the kid yelled "You're taking up the whole
road!" I said, 'Youre the one in the luxury car! How can i be taking up
the whole road?" That clammed her up.

Marlene Blanshay
December 16th 05, 12:39 AM
Jeff Starr wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:18:18 -0500, Marlene Blanshay
> > wrote:
>

>>Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
>
>>from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were here
>
>>their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the Queen
>>Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't treated
>>well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).
>>
>>But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
>>anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.
>>
>>it turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda Civic.
>

> Geez, while I think that the Hummer is one of the most useless
> vehicles there is, I still see nothing humorous in one being stolen.
>
> It is amazing that at least two replies want to make this political.
>
> What I don't understand, Marlene, is this "serves you right" mean
> streak that you occasionally display. Is that who you really are? Do
> you enjoy seeing others suffer misfortune? I hope not.
>
> I dislike the Hummer, not because it pollutes, but because they are
> hartd to see around. If I needed an suv in that price range, I would
> look at Land Rovers.

I guess i'm just BAD... if only i could use my powers for good instead
of evil.

Marlene Blanshay
December 16th 05, 12:42 AM
The Wogster wrote:
> Marlene Blanshay wrote:
>
>> Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
>> from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were
>> here their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the
>> Queen Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't
>> treated well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).
>

> Most likely New Yorker started ranting about how his city is so much
> better then everywhere else, and that this could not happen in New York,
> and how New York cops would have it back to him already... The Montreal
> Constable, standing there on the street, taking the report, probably
> just wanted the facts, so he/she could file the report, get back in
> their patrol car, and go to Tims for a coffee refill.

I have no idea, but in the interview they seemed kind of obnoxious.

what does THIS button do?
December 16th 05, 12:50 AM
Bill Sornson wrote:
> max wrote:
> > In article . com>,
> > "mhk" > wrote:
> >
> >> [...] an old VW bug or van that I see most greener's drive.
> >
> > liar.
>
> incoherent snipper.

Poster claimed that he sees most greener's drive old VW bugs or vans.
I singled out the specific claim without interpreting it, and called
him a liar.

The word you're looking for is "incisive" not incoherent. A honed
epistomoligical razor, if you will.

Tom Keats
December 16th 05, 12:58 AM
In article >,
Marlene Blanshay > writes:

> I guess i'm just BAD... if only i could use my powers for good instead
> of evil.

There's something decliciously alluring and demure
about evil Montreal women.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Zoot Katz
December 16th 05, 01:01 AM
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:42:16 -0500, Marlene Blanshay
\
>> Most likely New Yorker started ranting about how his city is so much
>> better then everywhere else, and that this could not happen in New York,
>> and how New York cops would have it back to him already... The Montreal
>> Constable, standing there on the street, taking the report, probably
>> just wanted the facts, so he/she could file the report, get back in
>> their patrol car, and go to Tims for a coffee refill.

>I have no idea, but in the interview they seemed kind of obnoxious.

"Are you just rude or are you from New York?"
*close quote from some movie I've forgotten.
--
zk

December 16th 05, 01:44 AM
The Wogster wrote:
> Marlene Blanshay wrote:
> > Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
> > from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were here
> > their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the Queen
> > Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't treated
> > well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).
>
> Most likely New Yorker started ranting about how his city is so much
> better then everywhere else, and that this could not happen in New York,
> and how New York cops would have it back to him already... The
> Montreal Constable, standing there on the street, taking the report,
> probably just wanted the facts, so he/she could file the report, get
> back in their patrol car, and go to Tims for a coffee refill.

Real New Yorkers don't own cars, let alone Humvees.

There are overprivileged rich people who live in New York,
and some of these people even have cars (or Humvees) but
they are in New York, and not of it.

(Note: New Yorkers in the boroughs outside Manhattan sometimes
own cars; but they usually don't own Humvees, nor drive them to the
QE Hotel in Montreal.)

December 16th 05, 03:47 AM
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 06:44:08 -0700, Mark Hickey >
wrote:

>Marlene Blanshay > wrote:
>
>>But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
>>anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.
>
>So I wuz riding my Huffy to the grocery store and there wuz a guy who
>was complaining cuz his $2000 bike got ripped off. But I wuz
>BWAHAHAHA! Serves him right for wasting so much money.
>
>Mark Hickey
>Habanero Cycles
>http://www.habcycles.com
>Home of the $795 BWAHAHAHA frame

Wal*Mart
http://www.walmart.com
Home of the $147.77 Kent GMC Denali Road Bike

Mark Hickey
December 16th 05, 05:52 AM
(Tom Keats) wrote:

>evil Montreal women.

Isn't that redundant?

(now you all have to figure out if I'm anti-Canadian or sexist)

;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

Mark Hickey
December 16th 05, 05:55 AM
(Tom Keats) wrote:

>I think it'll turn up and they'll get it back. Eventually.
>'Specially if they talk nice and civil to the police.

And if they don't get it back, it just means that there's one MORE
Hummer on the road soon (the one that replaces the one that's now
being driven by someone who probably couldn't have afforded it if it
wasn't hot).

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

Bill Sornson
December 16th 05, 06:28 AM
what does THIS button do? wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> max wrote:

>>> liar.
>>
>> incoherent snipper.
>
> Poster claimed that he sees most greener's drive old VW bugs or vans.
> I singled out the specific claim without interpreting it, and called
> him a liar.
>
> The word you're looking for is "incisive" not incoherent. A honed
> epistomoligical razor, if you will.

OK. /Contextually/ incoherent snipper.

Feel better Max? (Err, What?) (Err, Button Dude?) (Err, Huh?!?)

:-D :-P 8-)

Zoot Katz
December 16th 05, 06:42 AM
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:58:20 -0800,
(Tom Keats) wrote:

>> I guess i'm just BAD... if only i could use my powers for good instead
>> of evil.
>
>There's something decliciously alluring and demure
>about evil Montreal women.

They aren't really evil, they just dress that way.

Alluring, is definitely the Montreal look. Demure, OTOH, probably
means they're tourists or recent transplants.
--
zk

Zoot Katz
December 16th 05, 06:48 AM
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:55:28 -0700, Mark Hickey >
wrote:

>>I think it'll turn up and they'll get it back. Eventually.
>>'Specially if they talk nice and civil to the police.
>
>And if they don't get it back, it just means that there's one MORE
>Hummer on the road soon (the one that replaces the one that's now
>being driven by someone who probably couldn't have afforded it if it
>wasn't hot).

Hopefully, like many other cars stolen in Canada, it will turn up
overseas somewhere in the Balkans or states of the former USSR.
--
zk

Dane Buson
December 17th 05, 12:09 AM
Mark Hickey > wrote:
> (Tom Keats) wrote:
>
>>evil Montreal women.
>
> Isn't that redundant?
>
> (now you all have to figure out if I'm anti-Canadian or sexist)

Oh, why not both?

;-)

I do admit the sigmonster did not come up with this one unprompted.

--
Dane Buson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"Of _course_ I like women. Historically, man has _always_

what does THIS button do?
December 17th 05, 01:57 AM
Zoot Katz wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:58:20 -0800,
> (Tom Keats) wrote:
>
> >> I guess i'm just BAD... if only i could use my powers for good instead
> >> of evil.
> >
> >There's something decliciously alluring and demure
> >about evil Montreal women.
>
> They aren't really evil, they just dress that way.
>
> Alluring, is definitely the Montreal look. Demure, OTOH, probably
> means they're tourists or recent transplants.

goth chix with snow boots.

Bob
December 17th 05, 04:40 AM
Zoot Katz wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:58:20 -0800,
> (Tom Keats) wrote:
>
> >> I guess i'm just BAD... if only i could use my powers for good instead
> >> of evil.
> >
> >There's something decliciously alluring and demure
> >about evil Montreal women.
>
> They aren't really evil, they just dress that way.
>
> Alluring, is definitely the Montreal look. Demure, OTOH, probably
> means they're tourists or recent transplants.
> --
> zk

Consider the source, folks. Zoot has in the past confessed to lusting
after punk goth biker chicks in work boots.
(No offense intended to any alluring Montreal females. <g>)

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Zoot Katz
December 17th 05, 07:32 AM
On 16 Dec 2005 20:40:13 -0800, "Bob" > wrote:

>Consider the source, folks. Zoot has in the past confessed to lusting
>after punk goth biker chicks in work boots.
>(No offense intended to any alluring Montreal females. <g>)

It was the holes in the knees of their stockings which most intrigued
me until I noticed the hardware in their lips.

There's a definite style sense in Montreal. After spending any length
of time there, Kansas will never be the same.
--
zk

lowkey
December 17th 05, 01:45 PM
"Zoot Katz" > wrote in message

> There's a definite style sense in Montreal. After spending any length
> of time there, Kansas will never be the same.

I think you have it. To be fair Montreal women are no prettier than any
others. But their sense of style is unequalled.

Mark Hickey
December 17th 05, 04:00 PM
"lowkey" > wrote:

>"Zoot Katz" > wrote in message
>>
>> There's a definite style sense in Montreal. After spending any length
>> of time there, Kansas will never be the same.
>
> I think you have it. To be fair Montreal women are no prettier than any
>others. But their sense of style is unequalled.

From Zoot's description, I think "unmatched" might be a better word.

Mark "not that there's anything WRONG with stainless steel facial
accessories and work boots" Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

RollenSmoothe
December 17th 05, 09:05 PM
On 16 Dec 2005 17:57:46 -0800, "what does THIS button do?"
> wrote:

>Zoot Katz wrote:

>> >There's something decliciously alluring and demure
>> >about evil Montreal women.
>>
>> They aren't really evil, they just dress that way.
>>
>> Alluring, is definitely the Montreal look. Demure, OTOH, probably
>> means they're tourists or recent transplants.
>
>goth chix with snow boots.

"AirOutMyShorts" on podcast.

http://www.walmart.com
Home of the $147.77 Denali

Bob
December 17th 05, 10:01 PM
Zoot Katz wrote:

> It was the holes in the knees of their stockings which most intrigued
> me until I noticed the hardware in their lips.
>
> There's a definite style sense in Montreal. After spending any length
> of time there, Kansas will never be the same.
> --
> zk

There's an old phrase that is still occasionally used to describe an
unattractive person- s/he looks like s/he was hit in the face with a
bag of nickels. I guess that if those nickels had become embedded,
they'd be beauty marks in Montreal. <g>

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Zoot Katz
December 18th 05, 04:15 AM
On 17 Dec 2005 14:01:46 -0800, "Bob" > wrote:

>Zoot Katz wrote:
>
>> It was the holes in the knees of their stockings which most intrigued
>> me until I noticed the hardware in their lips.
>>
>> There's a definite style sense in Montreal. After spending any length
>> of time there, Kansas will never be the same.
>
>There's an old phrase that is still occasionally used to describe an
>unattractive person- s/he looks like s/he was hit in the face with a
>bag of nickels. I guess that if those nickels had become embedded,
>they'd be beauty marks in Montreal. <g>

Possibly might catch on.

I have to admit it took me a while to put two and two together. The
holes in their stockings just showed that they were skater-babes and
apparently not very skilled ones.

Reality is harsh sometimes.
--
zk

Leo Lichtman
December 18th 05, 04:39 AM
Today I saw a stretch Hummer. Wow--the convergence of two ridiculous ideas.

Marlene Blanshay
December 18th 05, 05:24 AM
Bob wrote:
> Zoot Katz wrote:

>>>There's something decliciously alluring and demure
>>>about evil Montreal women.
>>
>>They aren't really evil, they just dress that way.
>>
>>Alluring, is definitely the Montreal look. Demure, OTOH, probably
>>means they're tourists or recent transplants.
>>--
>>zk
>

> Consider the source, folks. Zoot has in the past confessed to lusting
> after punk goth biker chicks in work boots.
> (No offense intended to any alluring Montreal females. <g>)
>
> Regards,
> Bob Hunt

hey, none taken...

Marlene Blanshay
December 18th 05, 05:25 AM
Leo Lichtman wrote:
> Today I saw a stretch Hummer. Wow--the convergence of two ridiculous ideas.

omg... where was this?

Leo Lichtman
December 18th 05, 06:43 AM
Bob wrote: (clip)(No offense intended to any alluring Montreal females.
<g>)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Marlene wrote: hey, none taken...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So, you admit you're alluring. It's not just me, then.

Human powered
December 18th 05, 09:07 AM
"Mark Hickey" > wrote in message
> Marlene Blanshay > wrote:
>
>>But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
>>anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.
>
> So I wuz riding my Huffy to the grocery store and there wuz a guy who
> was complaining cuz his $2000 bike got ripped off. But I wuz
> BWAHAHAHA! Serves him right for wasting so much money.

apples .. oranges

Human powered
December 18th 05, 09:09 AM
"Jeff Starr" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:18:18 -0500, Marlene Blanshay
> > wrote:
>
>>Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
>>from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were here
>>their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the Queen
>>Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't treated
>>well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).
>>
>>But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
>>anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.
>>
>>it turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda
>>Civic.
>
> Geez, while I think that the Hummer is one of the most useless
> vehicles there is, I still see nothing humorous in one being stolen.
>
> It is amazing that at least two replies want to make this political.
>
> What I don't understand, Marlene, is this "serves you right" mean
> streak that you occasionally display. Is that who you really are? Do
> you enjoy seeing others suffer misfortune? I hope not.
>
> I dislike the Hummer, not because it pollutes, but because they are
> hartd to see around. If I needed an suv in that price range, I would
> look at Land Rovers.
>

> Life is Good!
> Jeff

The wealth of the few is based upon SERIOUS poverty of many. The current
distribution of wealth in our civilization is evil.

Stephen Harding
December 18th 05, 11:36 AM
Human powered wrote:

> The wealth of the few is based upon SERIOUS poverty of many. The current
> distribution of wealth in our civilization is evil.

Ahh, the zero sum poverty line.

If I become richer, I'm making someone else poorer.

Don't all those people in the world who want pay raises
know they'd only be making others poorer?

SMH

The Wogster
December 18th 05, 01:53 PM
Human powered wrote:

> The wealth of the few is based upon SERIOUS poverty of many. The current
> distribution of wealth in our civilization is evil.

It's been that way since we first had civilization, even under systems
like Marxism, where everyone is supposed to be equal, there are those
that are more equal then others......

Power equals money, and money equals power, and people can be greedy for
both. This is why big shot drives a hummer in the first place, it's
big, it's expensive and shows off his money and power......

Mark Hickey
December 18th 05, 03:09 PM
"Human powered" > wrote:

>"Mark Hickey" > wrote in message
>> Marlene Blanshay > wrote:
>>
>>>But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
>>>anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.
>>
>> So I wuz riding my Huffy to the grocery store and there wuz a guy who
>> was complaining cuz his $2000 bike got ripped off. But I wuz
>> BWAHAHAHA! Serves him right for wasting so much money.
>
>apples .. oranges

It's all about the fruit salad of human envy.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

Mark Hickey
December 18th 05, 03:11 PM
"Human powered" > wrote:

>The wealth of the few is based upon SERIOUS poverty of many. The current
>distribution of wealth in our civilization is evil.

Which explains why people are SO much better off living in North Korea
than South Korea.

No, wait....

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

Roger Houston
December 18th 05, 03:17 PM
"Human powered" > wrote in message
om...

> The wealth of the few is based upon SERIOUS poverty of many. The current

> distribution of wealth in our civilization is evil.

From each according to his abilities. To each according to his needs.

Roger Houston
December 18th 05, 03:22 PM
"Mark Hickey" > wrote in message

>>apples .. oranges
>
> It's all about the fruit salad of human envy.

There's a pome in there somewhere.

Bill Sornson
December 18th 05, 03:56 PM
Roger Houston wrote:
> "Mark Hickey" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> apples .. oranges
>>
>> It's all about the fruit salad of human envy.
>
> There's a pome in there somewhere.

Abbreviation for pomegranate?

Bill "slow morning" S.

Bill Sornson
December 18th 05, 03:58 PM
Human powered wrote:

> The wealth of the few is based upon SERIOUS poverty of many. The
> current distribution of wealth in our civilization is evil.

NB sock puppet?!?

Roger Houston
December 18th 05, 05:31 PM
"Bill Sornson" > wrote in message
> Roger Houston wrote:

>>> It's all about the fruit salad of human envy.
>>
>> There's a pome in there somewhere.
>
> Abbreviation for pomegranate?

Well, if I gotta splain it, it ain't a joke.

Bill Sornson
December 18th 05, 06:27 PM
Roger Houston wrote:
> "Bill Sornson" > wrote in message
>> Roger Houston wrote:

>>> There's a pome in there somewhere.
>>
>> Abbreviation for pomegranate?
>>
> Well, if I gotta splain it, it ain't a joke.

My bad. (Thought you were calling Mark poetic :) )

Mike Kruger
December 18th 05, 06:46 PM
"Roger Houston" > wrote in message

> "Human powered" > wrote in message
> om...
>>
>> The wealth of the few is based upon SERIOUS poverty of many. The current
>
>> distribution of wealth in our civilization is evil.
>
> From each according to his abilities. To each according to his needs.
[Marx]

Some things should cost 5 cents, some things should cost 10 cents.
[F.W. Woolworth]

(from a reasonably famous Sidney Harris cartoon contrasting their
theoretical and practical approaches to economic life.)

Marlene Blanshay
December 18th 05, 07:44 PM
Leo Lichtman wrote:
> Bob wrote: (clip)(No offense intended to any alluring Montreal females.
> <g>)
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Marlene wrote: hey, none taken...
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> So, you admit you're alluring. It's not just me, then.

on the internet everyone is alluring... for all you know i could have no
teeth and look like Shemp.

Neil Brooks
December 18th 05, 07:48 PM
Marlene Blanshay > wrote:

>on the internet everyone is alluring... for all you know i could have no
>teeth and look like Shemp.

You say it like it's a bad thing.
--
Live simply so that others may simply live

Roger Houston
December 18th 05, 08:26 PM
"Neil Brooks" > wrote in message
> Marlene Blanshay > wrote:
>
>>on the internet everyone is alluring... for all you know i could have no
>>teeth and look like Shemp.
>
> You say it like it's a bad thing.

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

Mark Hickey
December 18th 05, 09:39 PM
"Bill Sornson" > wrote:

>Roger Houston wrote:

>>> Abbreviation for pomegranate?
>>>
>> Well, if I gotta splain it, it ain't a joke.
>
>My bad. (Thought you were calling Mark poetic :) )

Now there's ANOTHER thing I haven't been accused of lately.

But I always figure "better a pome than a tome"...

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

TomP
December 19th 05, 12:19 AM
You know Karma?

Marlene Blanshay wrote:

> Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
> from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were here
> their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the Queen
> Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't treated
> well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).
>
> But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
> anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.
>
> it turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda Civic.

--
Tp,

-------- __o
----- -\<. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\<.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

TomP
December 19th 05, 12:19 AM
You know Karma?

Marlene Blanshay wrote:

> Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
> from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were here
> their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the Queen
> Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't treated
> well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).
>
> But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
> anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.
>
> it turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda Civic.

--
Tp,

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

Google