PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid a SMIDSY

wafflycat
December 16th 05, 12:35 PM
How to avoid a SMIDSY!!!

Go into Dereham on a 'bent trike, with flagpole of said 'bent wrapped with
4m silver tinsel; have dancing angels on one's h*lm*t, and half-a-dozen red
blinkies round the rim of said h*lm*t.... I have found today that this
effectively brings traffic and peds to a standstill with sed motorists &
peds developing Bottom Jaw Dropped To Ground Syndrome combined with mucho
pointing and cries of "What's that!"

Cheers, helen s

Buck
December 16th 05, 01:52 PM
wafflycat wrote:
> How to avoid a SMIDSY!!!
>
> Go into Dereham on a 'bent trike, with flagpole of said 'bent wrapped with
> 4m silver tinsel; have dancing angels on one's h*lm*t, and half-a-dozen red
> blinkies round the rim of said h*lm*t.... I have found today that this
> effectively brings traffic and peds to a standstill with sed motorists &
> peds developing Bottom Jaw Dropped To Ground Syndrome combined with mucho
> pointing and cries of "What's that!"
>
> Cheers, helen s

Bring some joy to us all - send out some pictures!!!!

-Buck

Beverly
December 16th 05, 05:17 PM
"wafflycat" > wrote in message
> How to avoid a SMIDSY!!!
>
> Go into Dereham on a 'bent trike, with flagpole of said 'bent wrapped with
> 4m silver tinsel; have dancing angels on one's h*lm*t, and half-a-dozen
red
> blinkies round the rim of said h*lm*t.... I have found today that this
> effectively brings traffic and peds to a standstill with sed motorists &
> peds developing Bottom Jaw Dropped To Ground Syndrome combined with mucho
> pointing and cries of "What's that!"
>
> Cheers, helen s

I'm sure everyone enjoyed seeing this. Any pictures?

Beverly

wafflycat
December 16th 05, 05:23 PM
"Beverly" > wrote in message

> I'm sure everyone enjoyed seeing this. Any pictures?
>
> Beverly

Sadly not. But I shall be venturing forth in said garb over the Christmas.
On Wednesday my helmet was festooned with blinkies and loats of best plastic
holly, ivy and poinsettias. That seemed to go down well as several motorists
wound down their windows to call out a "Merry Christmas!"

Cheers, helen s

Zoot Katz
December 16th 05, 06:07 PM
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:23:58 +0000 (UTC), "wafflycat"
> wrote:

>Sadly not. But I shall be venturing forth in said garb over the Christmas.
>On Wednesday my helmet was festooned with blinkies and loats of best plastic
>holly, ivy and poinsettias. That seemed to go down well as several motorists
>wound down their windows to call out a "Merry Christmas!"

Last year my bike was pimped out with mylar tinsel garlands wrapped
around the frame tubes and laced through the spokes. Those were
illuminated with 120 miniature lights. Poinsettias and gift bows
adorned the fenders. The effect was positively startling. Lots of
friendly honks from cagers. It even drew applause from groups at bus
stops. It was fun even though it looked cheesy.
--
zk

Nuck 'n Futz
December 16th 05, 06:11 PM
Zoot Katz wrote:

> Last year my bike was pimped out with mylar tinsel garlands wrapped
> around the frame tubes and laced through the spokes. Those were
> illuminated with 120 miniature lights. Poinsettias and gift bows
> adorned the fenders. The effect was positively startling. Lots of
> friendly honks from cagers. It even drew applause from groups at bus
> stops. It was fun even though it looked cheesy.

Then someone said "God Bless You" and you punched him (or her!) in the nose,
right?

ROTFL

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home