PDA

View Full Version : about EVS riding shorts

John Doe
December 16th 05, 05:18 PM
Most importantly. I bought these.
http://evs-sports.com/products/product_details.asp?prodID=58
They are 90% nylon and 10% spandex.
My falls often mean sliding on concrete. Are they going to shred if
I fall while wearing jeans over them? I've worn baseball sliding
shorts underneath jeans and they tend to wear out quickly when
sliding on concrete.

Can you recommend some concrete durable padded sliding shorts/pants?
Preferably wearable in hot weather.

Mostly curious. My shorts look like this without the large EVS
emblem. http://store.bobscycle.com/prodimg/SHORTS.EVS.IMPACT.GIF
Are they last year's model?

Thank you.

amakyonin
December 16th 05, 11:24 PM
Once your exterior layer is breached you can't expect your underclothes
to hold up for long. I think you would be better off looking into
kevlar reinforced jeans or perforated leather pants if you can get
enough ventilation. Some lightweight armor for the hip and thighs would
be an added bonus.

I have slid on dirt covered asphalt for a short distance with high
nylon content bicycle shorts and experienced some mild "road rash"
(more like a severe indian burn) on the hip without any abrasion damage
to the shorts. If jeans can't hold up to what you're doing, then any
stretch fabric won't be much help.

John Doe
December 17th 05, 01:08 AM
"amakyonin" > wrote:

<snip> thanks

> If jeans can't hold up to what you're doing, then any
> stretch fabric won't be much help.

Jeans hold up well, but road rash goes through jeans.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home