PDA

View Full Version : This is no way to build a Carbon Bike

weRpals
December 20th 05, 11:31 PM
http://highracers.blogspot.com/2005/12/killer-bee-carbon-notso-fast-hacksaw.html

Neil Brooks
December 21st 05, 12:25 AM
"weRpals" > wrote:

>http://highracers.blogspot.com/2005/12/killer-bee-carbon-notso-fast-hacksaw.html

douchebag.
--
Live simply so that others may simply live

GaryG
December 21st 05, 01:49 AM
"weRpals" > wrote in message
oups.com...

http://highracers.blogspot.com/2005/12/killer-bee-carbon-notso-fast-hacksaw.html

In the upper right hand corner of his blog page, you'll see a button that
says "Flag". Clicking that button will report the blog to Google for having
"objectionable content". If enough folks do this, Google may pull down his
blog.

GG

willarch
December 21st 05, 09:13 PM
"weRpals" wrote in message
oups.com...

http://highracers.blogspot.com/2005/12/killer-bee-carbon-notso-fast-hacksaw.html

In the upper right hand corner of his blog page, you'll see a button that
says "Flag". Clicking that button will report the blog to Google for having
"objectionable content". If enough folks do this, Google may pull down his
blog.

GG

His language is offensive and ignorant. But there is no law in a modern democracy to outlaw simply being unbelievably stupid, so as long as he cleans up his foul language let him freely spout his daft opinions. Fork out for an expensive CF bike just to saw it in bits and dump it - without even saving the components and putting them on another frame to make a better bike? They don't come much dafter.

So some fat old guys like to ride weird bikes. As long as they don't endanger anyone else why shouldn't they? They don't sound the sort of bike I would want to ride, but nor is a mountain bike, a chopper or a Dutch utility bike, and I have no problems with anyone else riding whatever they want to even if it isn't my personal choice. What is of prime importance is that they are riding a bike and enjoying it. I'm more worried about the fat old guys who don't ride any bike at all, and even more so by any fat old guys who are hostile to cycling.

waxbytes
December 23rd 05, 12:18 AM
GaryG Wrote:
> "weRpals" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> http://tinyurl.com/82b26
> >

> In the upper right hand corner of his blog page, you'll see a button
> that
> says "Flag". Clicking that button will report the blog to Google for
> having
> "objectionable content". If enough folks do this, Google may pull down
> his
> blog.
>
> GG
What is the objectionable content? All I see are some bicycle pieces
and some rather poor writing? I don't like text that is difficult to
follow and obscure in meaning, but that's 99% of the internet.

--
waxbytes

Claire Petersky
December 23rd 05, 01:51 AM
"waxbytes" > wrote in message

> GaryG Wrote:
>> "weRpals" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> >
>> If enough folks do this, Google may pull down his blog.
>>
> What is the objectionable content? All I see are some bicycle pieces
> and some rather poor writing? I don't like text that is difficult to
> follow and obscure in meaning, but that's 99% of the internet.

I can't speak for Gary, but I think the issue is that the blogger posts
references to his blog across the entire rb* hierarchy on a fairly regular
basis, is otherwise not a member of the greater community, and changes his
email address regularly such that you can't killfile his messages. It's the
combination of all of these that has raised the ire of newsgroup regulars.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
See the books I've set free at:

GaryG
December 23rd 05, 02:22 AM
"waxbytes" > wrote in message

> GaryG Wrote:
> > "weRpals" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > >
> > http://tinyurl.com/82b26
> > >

> > In the upper right hand corner of his blog page, you'll see a button
> > that
> > says "Flag". Clicking that button will report the blog to Google for
> > having
> > "objectionable content". If enough folks do this, Google may pull down
> > his
> > blog.
> >
> > GG
> What is the objectionable content? All I see are some bicycle pieces
> and some rather poor writing? I don't like text that is difficult to
> follow and obscure in meaning, but that's 99% of the internet.
>

> --
> waxbytes

As Clair points out, it's mostly because the guy is irritating, unfunny, and
contributes nothing of value to the groups. Most of his blog pages are just
plain stupid, but some (IMO) meet the criteria for objectionable content.

For example,
http://highracers.blogspot.com/2005/12/kevin-keuhl-aka-tom-swift-or-magilla.html

GG

Claire Petersky
December 23rd 05, 09:35 AM
"GaryG" > wrote in message

> As Clair points out,

Who's this "Clair" person?

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
See the books I've set free at:

Dave Larrington
December 23rd 05, 10:44 AM
> I can't speak for Gary, but I think the issue is that the blogger posts
> references to his blog across the entire rb* hierarchy on a fairly regular
> basis, is otherwise not a member of the greater community, and changes his
> email address regularly such that you can't killfile his messages. It's the
> combination of all of these that has raised the ire of newsgroup regulars.

I use Gravity, which has the useful ability to check the /body/ of
messages for things which the **** Filter hold to be a Bad Thing. Hence
messages containing "h+ghr+c+rs.bl+gsp+t" or "n+wsf++ds.c+m" go straight
into the bit bucket.

Historians' Right To Work Campaign - We Demand A Continuing Supply Of
History!

catzz66
December 23rd 05, 01:52 PM
Claire Petersky wrote:

> I can't speak for Gary, but I think the issue is that the blogger posts
> references to his blog across the entire rb* hierarchy on a fairly regular
> basis, is otherwise not a member of the greater community, and changes his
> email address regularly such that you can't killfile his messages. It's the
> combination of all of these that has raised the ire of newsgroup regulars.

He seems to basically be trolling for comments from people and for hits
to his site. If people would stop replying to him and keep
incrementally filtering the changing Yahoo addresses, they would hardly
notice the posts. It's not like this is anything new.

GaryG
December 23rd 05, 03:19 PM
"Claire Petersky" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> "GaryG" > wrote in message
>
> > As Clair points out,
>
> Who's this "Clair" person?

Dearest Claire...my sincerest apologies for the typo. When I typed that
post, I was quite literally running out the door for some last minute
Christmas shopping (very succesful for my new GF - an outfit, a pearl
necklace, and some nice earrings).

Best wishes for the holidays to you and yours, and thanks for your
contributions to this and other groups.

GG

> --
> Warm Regards,
>
> Claire Petersky
> Personal page: http://www.geocities.com/cpetersky/
> See the books I've set free at:
> http://bookcrossing.com/referral/Cpetersky

Bill Sornson
December 23rd 05, 04:48 PM
catzz66 wrote:
> Claire Petersky wrote:
>>

>> I can't speak for Gary, but I think the issue is that the blogger
>> posts references to his blog across the entire rb* hierarchy on a
>> fairly regular basis, is otherwise not a member of the greater
>> community, and changes his email address regularly such that you
>> can't killfile his messages. It's the combination of all of these
>> that has raised the ire of newsgroup regulars.
>
> He seems to basically be trolling for comments from people and for
> hits to his site. If people would stop replying to him and keep
> incrementally filtering the changing Yahoo addresses, they would
> hardly notice the posts. It's not like this is anything new.

Unless he goes back to previously used names, there's no point in bothering
to filter (unless by text if available -- as "blogsport" or whatever the
hell it is seems to be always present).

Best for now is just ignoring his posts...AND complaining to places the
werehatrack advises.

BS

Claire Petersky
December 23rd 05, 04:49 PM
"GaryG" > wrote in message
> "Claire Petersky" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>> "GaryG" > wrote in message
>>
>> > As Clair points out,
>>
>> Who's this "Clair" person?
>
> Dearest Claire...my sincerest apologies for the typo.

No biggie. I just love harrassing people who misspell my name. Part of it
is, WIWAK, Claire wasn't a very popular of a name. Now, it's what they call
a head whipper -- after years of rarely hearing your name, your head whips
around at the playground when a mom calls it out to her child. Just think of
those poor men named Aiden, who for years had to spell it for everyone, and
now, little Aidens are a dime a dozen. That's even more of a head-whipper of
a name.

The flipside of those who have their names firmly date-stamped. Gary, your
name was #12 in the 1950s, #26 in the 1960s (327th right now), so I'm going
to guess you're at least 40 years old.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
See the books I've set free at:

Bill Sornson
December 23rd 05, 04:51 PM
GaryG wrote:
> "Claire Petersky" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>> "GaryG" > wrote in message

>>> As Clair points out,

>> Who's this "Clair" person?

> Dearest Claire...my sincerest apologies for the typo. When I typed
> that post, I was quite literally running out the door for some last
> minute Christmas shopping (very succesful for my new GF - an outfit,
> a pearl necklace, and some nice earrings).
>
> Best wishes for the holidays to you and yours, and thanks for your
> contributions to this and other groups.

Perfectly good opportunity for a defensive, snotty remark blown to hell.

C'mon, Gary, get with the program!

<eg>

catzz66
December 23rd 05, 05:54 PM
Bill Sornson wrote:

> Unless he goes back to previously used names, there's no point in bothering
> to filter (unless by text if available -- as "blogsport" or whatever the
> hell it is seems to be always present).
>
> Best for now is just ignoring his posts...AND complaining to places the
> werehatrack advises.
>
> BS

Right. I personally can't filter by text, but it would be a slam dunk
if you could.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home