PDA

View Full Version : Re: thru axle stuck

Michael Dart
July 17th 03, 12:25 AM
"tjolson81" > wrote in message
om...
> Hey guys,
> does anyone have a trick for removing the axle in a psylo thru axle?
> I guess at some point it got a little over tightened and now i can't
> pull it back out. I pulled off the little cap part with the lever,
> and now i'm stuck????? It's driving me crazy. I took off the qr's
> and tried to gently pry the clamping part open a little, but i can't
> get the thing to budge. Please help!!!!!! I need to change my tire.
> Thanks, -Todd

Can you drive it out with a socket of about the same size?

Mike

Michael Dart
July 20th 03, 02:15 PM
"tjolson81" > wrote in message
om...
> I have not tried a socket, but i don't understand what you're
> suggesting? it's a round threaded cylinder, i'm not sure where i
> could get a good enough grip on it to turn it??? Ahhh, i want to put
> my new tire on!!!!!!- Todd

Sorry I didn't know it was threaded in. If it was a metal sleeve through
the drop outs like a Boxxer you could tap it out using a socket of the same
diameter as the axle. Depending on the ID of the axle you may be able to
find a bolt extractor to thread in and break the axle free. I'd soak the
threaded portion in penetrating oil first.

http://www.newmantools.com/snipe.htm#snilink looks like it might do the
job.

Mike

Google