PDA

View Full Version : Kris Holm saddle and gloves

albertomorrison
January 22nd 06, 06:29 PM
Hey everybody

Im about to buy a Kris Holm saddle and the Kris Holm glove, could
somebody answer this questions?
Is the saddle strong? because I broke my qu-ax saddle into two parts.
Is it comfortable?
What about the gloves? pro's and con's

thanx

i have a Qu-ax trial muni with the red hub and i practice street
unicycle

--
albertomorrison
albertomorrison's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11547

irvinegr
January 22nd 06, 06:37 PM
i have the saddle and gloves. i dont wear the gloves too often i just
got them for christmas, the seat is nice. had it 2 years nothing wrong.

--
irvinegr
irvinegr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10958

Checkernuts
January 22nd 06, 06:59 PM
If you want a wrist wrap with a full fingerd glove then get the KH ones,
I've heard people say they are kind of hot and I havent heard of how
they are holding up after a year of riding.

The fusion seats are probably the best stock seat you can get, and you
can modify it to your tastes fairly easily. But like everything its all
about personal preference, although most find the KH seats way better
than other cheaper seats on the market.

--
Checkernuts

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H2O

* -------muni militia -------
one wheeled death squad*
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

fexnix
January 22nd 06, 07:09 PM
albertomorrison wrote:
> Hey everybody
>
> Im about to buy a Kris Holm saddle and the Kris Holm glove, could
> somebody answer this questions?
> Is the saddle strong? because I broke my qu-ax saddle into two parts.
> Is it comfortable?
> What about the gloves? pro's and con's
>
> thanx
>
> i have a Qu-ax trial muni with the red hub and i practice street
> unicycle

The KH is basically the same saddle as the Quax. The new ones are a
little improved and more durable. But still the same design as the
qu-ax saddle,since it is the same manufacturer.

I have a pair of KH pulse gloves. Itīs the worst gloves iīve ever
tested. Any Mountainbiking or Moto-x glove would be much better. I
donīt feel I need the wrist support or the excessive padding on the
palms. I have had 3 pairs of moto-x gloves and I love them, the only
bad thing is that they wear out and get all filled with holes quite
fast.

--
fexnix

'*My fresh gallery*'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
*I Got Infinite Skillz*
fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381

koebwil
January 22nd 06, 08:25 PM
I love the KH gloves, I wear them every time I ride. They have saved my
hands many a time

--
koebwil
koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308

markf
January 23rd 06, 12:33 AM
the seat isn't as stiff as i'd like, but stiffener plate fixed that. i
think it's pretty comfortable. some people think they're too tall for
trials, i think it's okay, but thinner would probably be better.

--
markf

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

entropy
January 23rd 06, 01:25 AM
For more info on the KH gloves, check this thread in the product reviews
forum:

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39494

--
entropy
entropy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5816

joemarshall
January 23rd 06, 10:57 AM
fexnix wrote:
> The KH is basically the same saddle as the Quax. The new ones are a
> little improved and more durable. But still the same design as the
> qu-ax saddle,since it is the same manufacturer.

This is pretty much true, except that the KH fusion seat has a
removable cover, which at least means you can fix / replace the base
easily when you break it. Which you will in the end, whatever seat you
get, until you fit a carbon base (which only some people break).

The new KH seats should be slightly more durable than the old ones,
because they've removed the bit inside the seat where the stiffener
plate used to bend right round, and made the plate stiff. I can't
really tell, cos I haven't opened mine up. They're noticeably thinner
which is nice, and doesn't seem to affect comfort at all.

I've added a review to the gloves page.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

president_luke
January 23rd 06, 11:25 AM
Hey, he might be talking about the qu-ax line saddle wich is completely
different.

--
president_luke
president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

mikepenton
January 24th 06, 10:46 AM
fexnix wrote:
> But still the same design as the qu-ax saddle,since it is the same
> manufacturer.

however this is incorrect.

--
mikepenton
mikepenton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7090

trials2k
January 24th 06, 10:51 AM
if u r worried about busting the kh fusion saddle, just get the carbon
fibre base for it, its lighter and alot more stronger, im gonna get one
sometime soon!

--
trials2k

Live and Die on a uni;) **
trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

Loosemoose
January 24th 06, 11:54 AM
trials2k wrote:
> if u r worried about busting the kh fusion saddle, just get the carbon
> fibre base for it, its lighter and alot more stronger, im gonna get one
> sometime soon!

Its true, there have been so many threads complaining about unicycle
weight recently, and the easiest way to kill two birds with one stone
is to upgrade your seat base to CF. A LOT stronger, stiffer and
lighter. Depending on the saddle base you replace, you can lose as much
as 0.7kgs just from the seat base. If you get a Scott Wallis and a
Thomson post, that goes down even more.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Officially a  & ~ expert.

_no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

maestro8
January 24th 06, 05:59 PM
Loosemoose wrote:
> Its true, there have been so many threads complaining about unicycle
> weight recently

'We've addressed that issue already'

maestro8

Groucho Marx