PDA

View Full Version : 110 Cranks for jumping?

unicycleboy
January 24th 06, 12:34 AM
Hey,

Im thinking of getting a koxx with 110 cranks but dont know if it will
be alright to jump on, i like jumping with 115 but will that 5mm make
any differnce?

Trev

--
unicycleboy

www.unicycleboy.unicyclist.com

I Feel Like a Wog
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

Loosemoose
January 24th 06, 12:36 AM
I don't think anyone's tried trials on anything less than 127s. Those
are the smallest splined cranks you can get apart from the koxx isis,
and thats in the UK, on a KH/Onza hub. Profiles don't go anywhere near
110s. I liked the drop from my 140s to my 127s, got lots more speed and
didn't really affect my stability, I say go for it.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Officially a  & ~ expert.

_no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

unicycleboy
January 24th 06, 12:41 AM
Yeh the only thing i think it will affect with smaller cranks are the
drops but i dont tend to do them so i think it will be ok, oh ur still
online :P I wouldnt know as i deleted everyone from my msn

--
unicycleboy

www.unicycleboy.unicyclist.com

I Feel Like a Wog
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

irvinegr
January 24th 06, 12:50 AM
those cranks seem so small and sucky

--
irvinegr
irvinegr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10958

unicycleboy
January 24th 06, 12:50 AM
have you tested them?

--
unicycleboy

www.unicycleboy.unicyclist.com

I Feel Like a Wog
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

irvinegr
January 24th 06, 12:52 AM
indeed

--
irvinegr
irvinegr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10958

unicycleboy
January 24th 06, 12:53 AM
whats your size and weight? and whats sucky mean?

--
unicycleboy

www.unicycleboy.unicyclist.com

I Feel Like a Wog
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

ntappin
January 24th 06, 12:56 AM
I think they are pretty sexy cranks, and everyone seems to like the
smaller splined cranks for trials. Plus the smaller ones look beefier
(but that may be a camera trick) and I would imagine that they are
stronger because there is less of a lever effect with the shorter
crank.

--
ntappin

Evan Byrne
January 24th 06, 12:57 AM
i rode the koxx 110s for a while. im a horrible street rider so my vote
shoukd hardly count, but iv jumped some stairs like 5 sets and done
side hops and rolling hops on them and i love them

--
Evan Byrne

"Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper

"My nuts are allways loose, i have to twist them with my fingers"
-Spencer
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

unicycleboy
January 24th 06, 12:58 AM
Well i would say i am a street rider lol well no freestyle :P ashame i
cant test them before i buy lol

--
unicycleboy

www.unicycleboy.unicyclist.com

I Feel Like a Wog
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

forrestunifreak
January 24th 06, 01:02 AM
Evan Byrne wrote:
> i rode the koxx 110s for a while. im a horrible street rider so my vote
> shoukd hardly count, but iv jumped some stairs like 5 sets and done
> side hops and rolling hops on them and i love them

...on a slick tire 20" right? instead of a huge heavy trials tire.

I would GUESS that 110's are too small. But what do I know.

--
forrestunifreak

I do not believe in computer programers.

-"There ARE no absolutes. Of this I am absolutely sure."-

'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

president_luke
January 24th 06, 01:10 AM
I think 110 would be to short for a trials tire, but should be good for
a slick bmx tire. I have the 125 koxx cranks with a luna trials tire
and they are great. I dont think you would be able to break the 110
because there wouldent be enough leverage bu then it might come out
from under you on big dops.

--
president_luke
president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

General Dibbles
January 24th 06, 01:25 AM
i rode street with 110 koxx1 cranks for quite a while and they held up
fine, and i grinded on them alot, and hopped some sets. as far as
hopping height goes i don't think the short cranks hurt or helped my
hopping, but i could pedal faster and they made everything feel alot
more smooth.

--
General Dibbles

Nemesis Clothing Co.
Revenge Industries.
Torker Unicycles.
General Dibbles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8108

Evan Byrne
January 24th 06, 01:43 AM
General Dibbles wrote:
> but i could pedal faster and they made everything feel alot more smooth.

We all know how fast anthony pedals

--
Evan Byrne

"Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper

"My nuts are allways loose, i have to twist them with my fingers"
-Spencer
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

andycookuk
January 24th 06, 02:59 PM
I'm definately going to get 127mm cranks rather than 140mm.

Nearly everyone I have heard has said that they prefered smaller cranks
to larger ones for trials/street.

AndyC
(sorry for post Hijacking :) )

--
andycookuk

"Wisest is he who knows he knows nothing"
andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138

unicycleboy
January 24th 06, 06:58 PM
If 110's dont help for jumping i think ill go for the next size above
which are 125mm? i might get it in the next month and have a go round
bristol on it or i might not because im lazy

--
unicycleboy

www.unicycleboy.unicyclist.com

I Feel Like a Wog