PDA

View Full Version : Light weight small form factor helmet

TekBuf
September 23rd 03, 01:45 PM
Can I get recommendations on lightweight, small form factor helmets?
Yesterday while riding on a trail I fell on my bike. Luckily I had a
helmet on. My head crashed against asphalt so hard that I know I was
in for an ambulance ride were it not for a helmet. Before yesterday I
was a sometimey helmet wearer. But that was then. Yesterday scared
the hell out of me. Today I feel like I was in a major car accident.
Anyway, I keep a bicycle in downtown Chicago for a 15 minute (park and
ride) commute to the office and back to the station. I did not wear a
helmet for these daily trips. My excuse was that the ride was short
and nothing would happen. I drive my car then ride the bus, then jump
on a train to my bike . I thought carrying a helmet was too much of a
hassle. Now I don't think so. Thanks.

Jeff Starr
September 23rd 03, 10:35 PM
(TekBuf) wrote in message >...
> Can I get recommendations on lightweight, small form factor helmets?

Hi, take a look at the Giro Eclipse, Performance had them on closeout
for around $45, retail is $100. Or try PricePoint. It is a very light
helmet. Also take a look at Giro's helmet pod, if you have a place to
leave it, or they make a soft bag that you could probably stuff in a
seat bag.
Jeff

fred
September 25th 03, 03:25 PM