PDA

View Full Version : Bike washing after rides

Badger South
September 24th 03, 10:38 PM
Do most ppl bother to hose off their ride after a muddy run, or
is that a waste of time?

I keep mine in the indoors in the basement between rides, and
heck, it's just gonna get muddy again in about 24hrs or less
anyway, so I figure maybe getting stuff wet with the hose just
promotes rust.

-Badger

David Kunz
September 25th 03, 10:49 AM
Badger South wrote:

> Do most ppl bother to hose off their ride after a muddy run, or
> is that a waste of time?
>
> I keep mine in the indoors in the basement between rides, and
> heck, it's just gonna get muddy again in about 24hrs or less
> anyway, so I figure maybe getting stuff wet with the hose just
> promotes rust.

Mine's aluminum, so I'm not worried about rust :).
I hose mud off anything that moves so that the mud's not acting as
grinding power. I hose off any caked-on mud. But, I only clean the
bike when I want to give it a good once-over to check for cracks, etc.
(Or, when I want it to look nice :))

The biggest thing after a muddy run is the drive line and suspension.
If you don't want to go through drive line components, you'll clean and
relub it.

David

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home