PDA

View Full Version : Whats your dream name for your mountain bike

Perry Seigle
September 28th 03, 11:55 PM
Any idea about a good brand/model name for a mountain bike.

Michael Dart
September 29th 03, 02:35 PM
"Perry Seigle" > wrote in message
> Any idea about a good brand/model name for a mountain bike.

What kind of riding do you want to do with it? I have three 'dream' bikes,
a Intense Tracer, a Santa Cruz Bullit and a Intense M1. All for very
different types of riding.

Mike

W.S. O'Neal
September 30th 03, 03:43 AM
How about "Chug " for all the uphill miles , and for all the downed beers.
:)

Diane

"Perry Seigle" > wrote in message
> Any idea about a good brand/model name for a mountain bike.
>

> --
> rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

Perry Seigle
October 1st 03, 06:56 AM
I like "Chug" :)
Don't know why people like bike names like GT, Giant, Specialized.......?
"Chug" is better.

"W.S. O'Neal" > wrote in message
> How about "Chug " for all the uphill miles , and for all the downed
beers.
> :)
>
> Diane
>

> "Perry Seigle" > wrote in message
> > Any idea about a good brand/model name for a mountain bike.
> >

> > --
> > rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> > posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> > Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt
> >

> --
> rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

Perry Seigle
October 1st 03, 07:02 AM
whats the "Intense Tracer, a Santa Cruz Bullit and a Intense M1"? How do
they different?

"Michael Dart" > wrote in message

> "Perry Seigle" > wrote in message
> > Any idea about a good brand/model name for a mountain bike.
> >

> What kind of riding do you want to do with it? I have three 'dream'
bikes,
> a Intense Tracer, a Santa Cruz Bullit and a Intense M1. All for very
> different types of riding.
>
> Mike
>

> --
> rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

Per Elmsäter
October 1st 03, 02:53 PM
Perry Seigle wrote:
> I like "Chug" :)
> Don't know why people like bike names like GT, Giant,
> Specialized.......? "Chug" is better.

Who said people like those names. Just because we like a bike that somebody
makes doesn't mean we like the name of the company.

--
Perre

Michael Dart
October 2nd 03, 05:29 PM
"Perry Seigle" > wrote in message
> "Michael Dart" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Perry Seigle" > wrote in message
> > > Any idea about a good brand/model name for a mountain bike.
> > >

> > What kind of riding do you want to do with it? I have three 'dream'
> bikes,
> > a Intense Tracer, a Santa Cruz Bullit and a Intense M1. All for very
> > different types of riding.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> whats the "Intense Tracer, a Santa Cruz Bullit and a Intense M1"? How do
> they different?

The Intense Tracer is a 4.5" travel full suspension XC trail bike. 26lbs.
100mm Marzocchi Marathon fork. Steeper head/seat angle. All around XC
riding and racing.

http://www.intensecycles.com

The Santa Cruz Bullit is a 7" travel full suspension "freeride" or light DH
bike. 38lbs. 175mm Marzocchi Super T fork. Slacker head/seat angle. Dual
chainrings up front make it able to go uphill..slow. Going downhill is a
blast on this bike. Fun to jump and do drops with too. A bit too light to
race at an expert level course.

http://www.santacruzbikes.com/frames/bullit/bullit.html

The Intense M1 is a pro level downhill racing bike with 8" (Mine is an '01,
newer are 9" now) travel. 48lbs. 190mm Marzocchi Shiver fork. Chopper like
front end, very slack seat angle. Large single chainring only on front.
Made to go downhill...fast. Needs a chairlift or shuttle to get back to the
top.

It really depends on how you want to ride as to what bike to choose. What
kind of riding do you like?

Mike

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home