PDA

View Full Version : Re: Colorado Singletrack

Nick
October 7th 03, 05:15 PM
James > wrote in message >...
> Per Löwdin wrote:
> > I just mounted a few pix from Colorado
> >
> > http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/Colorado.html
> >
> > Per

Nice pictures - Some friends and I rode that section of the
Colorado Trail this last weekend - believe it or not, the
Aspens have already turned and are past there prime, and
there was already some slushy snow at the very top of the
trail - won't be long now before we're hanging up the bike
for the ski's and snowboards, at least up in the high country
- down on the front range we probably still have another
month or so of riding left.

The weekend before we did Kenosha Pass->Georgia Pass - the Aspens
were *incredible* I have some pictures I need to get posted
soon.

- Nick

http://www.thewildes.com

Adam
October 8th 03, 02:01 PM
Wow! Going to have to get down there some time!

We just spent 8 hours on Sunday riding out at Brandon Hills Wildlife
Preserve - and wow, it's amazing how the singletrack seems to take on a
whole new feel when the leaves are falling around you.

Check out the pix:

http://gords.cgcsys.net/ids/index.cgi?mode=album&album=/Bike/2%2d%2003%20Epic%20Rides/30%2d%20Brandon%20Hills%20October%2005%2003

Nick wrote:

> James > wrote in message >...
>
>>Per Löwdin wrote:
>>
>>>I just mounted a few pix from Colorado
>>>
>>>http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/Colorado.html
>>>
>>>Per
>>>

> Nice pictures - Some friends and I rode that section of the
> Colorado Trail this last weekend - believe it or not, the
> Aspens have already turned and are past there prime, and
> there was already some slushy snow at the very top of the
> trail - won't be long now before we're hanging up the bike
> for the ski's and snowboards, at least up in the high country
> - down on the front range we probably still have another
> month or so of riding left.
>
> The weekend before we did Kenosha Pass->Georgia Pass - the Aspens
> were *incredible* I have some pictures I need to get posted
> soon.
>
> - Nick
>

> http://www.thewildes.com
>
> --
> rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

Per Löwdin
October 8th 03, 02:02 PM
> Nice pictures - Some friends and I rode that section of the
> Colorado Trail this last weekend

It is one of the best trails we have ever ridden. Long live the Summit
County Fat Tire Society who manages it.

> - believe it or not, the
> Aspens have already turned and are past there prime, and
> there was already some slushy snow at the very top of the
> trail - won't be long now before we're hanging up the bike
> for the ski's and snowboards, at least up in the high country
> - down on the front range we probably still have another
> month or so of riding left.

Yes, the season is short in Colorado, but with all that snow in the winter I
would not complain.

Per
http://www.lowdin.nu

Google