PDA

View Full Version : Where do I buy cheap 26" rear mtb wheel (8spd)

keith edward
October 22nd 03, 02:03 AM
Hello,

I bought a cheap, but very light and fairly rugged bike at Target
(Pacific Nomad).... I know it is hard to believe but this bike had a
6061 frames with fairly good components. It was not your typical
Target bike.... I have never seen another one like it at target...
since then I only see real junk...

After many years, I bent the rear wheel, and need to replace it...
where can I find a decent rear wheel for about 30 bucks? I only paid
$100 for the entire bike!

Keith

Don Watts
October 22nd 03, 02:19 PM
Check out Bike Nashbar at www.nashbar.com or Performance Bike at
www.perfofmancebike.com. Or I have a set (front and rear) of Weinmann
Zac 19 alloy wheels that came off of my bike that I will sell for 25
dollars plus shipping, the rear wheel has no cassette.

Don Watts

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:03:52 CST, (keith edward)
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I bought a cheap, but very light and fairly rugged bike at Target
>(Pacific Nomad).... I know it is hard to believe but this bike had a
>6061 frames with fairly good components. It was not your typical
>Target bike.... I have never seen another one like it at target...
>since then I only see real junk...
>
>After many years, I bent the rear wheel, and need to replace it...
>where can I find a decent rear wheel for about 30 bucks? I only paid
>$100 for the entire bike!
>
>Keith

Mirt the Dirt
October 31st 03, 05:51 PM
Don Watts > wrote in message >...
> Check out Bike Nashbar at www.nashbar.com or Performance Bike at
> www.perfofmancebike.com. Or I have a set (front and rear) of Weinmann
> Zac 19 alloy wheels that came off of my bike that I will sell for 25
> dollars plus shipping, the rear wheel has no cassette.
>
> Don Watts
>
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:03:52 CST, (keith edward)
> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I bought a cheap, but very light and fairly rugged bike at Target
> >(Pacific Nomad).... I know it is hard to believe but this bike had a
> >6061 frames with fairly good components. It was not your typical
> >Target bike.... I have never seen another one like it at target...
> >since then I only see real junk...
> >
> >After many years, I bent the rear wheel, and need to replace it...
> >where can I find a decent rear wheel for about 30 bucks? I only paid
> >$100 for the entire bike!
> >
> >Keith

Did you ask your LBS?

Google