PDA

View Full Version : Klein Palomino XX vs Trek Fuel 100 vs Devinci Moonracer LE

Don
November 6th 03, 08:45 PM
My LBS carries the above. I race for my LBS, so really those are my
choices.
I'm 36, competitive in my sport division (3rd overall in 03) and am
upgrading to a full suspension cause everyone kicks my ass on the
downhill part of the course.
I'm a strong climber whose more roadie than mtb'er lately.

Lets say that the fuel is the most expensive, then $400 less is the
Devinici and another 350 down is the Klein. Price isn't that much of a
factor but i want bang for the buck for sure.

I'm looking for a solid race bike that is also FUN; and since i race
all of 6-8 races /year..and its for stupid sport division...i have to
keep in mind what riding is all about.
Will the Maverick suspension be around in a year/2/4? is the trek fun
all around or is it harsh? etc.

I've never seen a review of the 04 klein or the devinci, but if anyone
can offer suggestions or non abusive comments about any of this i'd
appreciate it.

cheers.

H. van Beek
November 10th 03, 05:47 PM
I had a Klein Adroit and the frame broke near the derailleurhanger.

For Warranty I could get a Palomino. But it was discepointing. I have size
extra large and the sadle became so far from the steer that I was too
horizontal on the bike. I changed it for a Attitude which is quite similar
as the Adroit, but not as nice.

I am sorry, I don't know anything about the Trek !

Good luck with your choice !

"Don" > schreef in bericht
om...
> My LBS carries the above. I race for my LBS, so really those are my
> choices.
> I'm 36, competitive in my sport division (3rd overall in 03) and am
> upgrading to a full suspension cause everyone kicks my ass on the
> downhill part of the course.
> I'm a strong climber whose more roadie than mtb'er lately.
>
> Lets say that the fuel is the most expensive, then $400 less is the
> Devinici and another 350 down is the Klein. Price isn't that much of a
> factor but i want bang for the buck for sure.
>
> I'm looking for a solid race bike that is also FUN; and since i race
> all of 6-8 races /year..and its for stupid sport division...i have to
> keep in mind what riding is all about.
> Will the Maverick suspension be around in a year/2/4? is the trek fun
> all around or is it harsh? etc.
>
> I've never seen a review of the 04 klein or the devinci, but if anyone
> can offer suggestions or non abusive comments about any of this i'd
> appreciate it.
>
> cheers.
>
> --
> rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home