PDA

View Full Version : Wheels

P356
November 17th 03, 04:23 PM
I would like some input on wheels, I don't do big drops I weigh 160 and am a
sport racer. I am currently running Rhyno lights, no disc brakes or tubless

Richard Adams
November 18th 03, 05:30 AM
P356 wrote:

> I would like some input on wheels, I don't do big drops I weigh 160 and am a
> sport racer. I am currently running Rhyno lights, no disc brakes or tubless
>
> --
> rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

My MTB came with Ritchey rims, which held up like tanks. Very solid and
the original front is still on it and true after thousands of miles of
cross country and down hill in the Santa Cruz mountains. The rear was
swapped out to go to Shimano 9spd and had a Mavic 517 rim, which wore
through in about 1.5 years and developed a stress fracture. Conclusion
seems to be that Mavic are a softer alloy.

Gwood
November 21st 03, 12:57 AM
I am similar weight and ride mostly techie XC, no big bang stuff. My Klein
came with Rolf Dolomite wheels set up with tubes. They are pretty light,
although from net-opinions it appears some folks love 'em and some don't.
>From my perspective, so far so good, although I'm considering disc now.

If you're not looking for disc compatible, there seems to be a ton of great
deals out there.

"P356" > wrote in message
> I would like some input on wheels, I don't do big drops I weigh 160 and am
> sport racer. I am currently running Rhyno lights, no disc brakes or
tubless

> --
> rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home