PDA

View Full Version : Northern California LBS's that sell Santa Cruz

gohike
December 7th 03, 07:46 PM
Hi, I am in the market for a new Heckler and am looking for a good
LBS in the Northern California area that stocks Santa Cruz bikes. I
live in Santa Cruz and work in the South Bay (San Jose/Santa Clara)
but am not opposed to driving a ways for a good deal. Anyone on the
board have a good recommendation within or near the bay area? I am
aware of the shops in Santa Cruz, but am not totally sold on either
one. I am also aware of the online companies, but would rather spend
a comparable amount at a LBS. Thanks for any and all responses...

Ken Prager
December 8th 03, 01:19 PM
In article >,
(gohike) wrote:

> Hi, I am in the market for a new Heckler and am looking for a good
> LBS in the Northern California area that stocks Santa Cruz bikes. I
> live in Santa Cruz and work in the South Bay (San Jose/Santa Clara)
> but am not opposed to driving a ways for a good deal. Anyone on the
> board have a good recommendation within or near the bay area? I am
> aware of the shops in Santa Cruz, but am not totally sold on either
> one. I am also aware of the online companies, but would rather spend
> a comparable amount at a LBS. Thanks for any and all responses...

Spokesman Bicycles, in SC, is an awesome shop--knowledgeable owners,
competent mechanics, etc..

KP

--
Remove _me_ for e-mail address

gohike
December 9th 03, 01:08 AM
Ken Prager > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> (gohike) wrote:
>
> > Hi, I am in the market for a new Heckler and am looking for a good
> > LBS in the Northern California area that stocks Santa Cruz bikes. I
> > live in Santa Cruz and work in the South Bay (San Jose/Santa Clara)
> > but am not opposed to driving a ways for a good deal. Anyone on the
> > board have a good recommendation within or near the bay area? I am
> > aware of the shops in Santa Cruz, but am not totally sold on either
> > one. I am also aware of the online companies, but would rather spend
> > a comparable amount at a LBS. Thanks for any and all responses...
>

> Spokesman Bicycles, in SC, is an awesome shop--knowledgeable owners,
> competent mechanics, etc..
>
> KP
>
> --
> Remove _me_ for e-mail address

I am familiar w/ the Spokesman, but I don't think they sell Santa Cruz
cycles? A friend told mine told me he thought SC bought a part of the
Spokesman, but to my knowledge, they aren't selling SC's, but maybe
I'm wrong. I'll check it out.

Ken Prager
December 9th 03, 02:26 PM
(gohike) wrote:

> Ken Prager > wrote in message
> > (gohike) wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, I am in the market for a new Heckler and am looking for a good
> > > LBS in the Northern California area that stocks Santa Cruz bikes. I
> > > live in Santa Cruz and work in the South Bay (San Jose/Santa Clara)
> > > but am not opposed to driving a ways for a good deal. Anyone on the
> > > board have a good recommendation within or near the bay area? I am
> > > aware of the shops in Santa Cruz, but am not totally sold on either
> > > one. I am also aware of the online companies, but would rather spend
> > > a comparable amount at a LBS. Thanks for any and all responses...
> >

> > Spokesman Bicycles, in SC, is an awesome shop--knowledgeable owners,
> > competent mechanics, etc..
> >
> > KP
>
> I am familiar w/ the Spokesman, but I don't think they sell Santa Cruz
> cycles? A friend told mine told me he thought SC bought a part of the
> Spokesman, but to my knowledge, they aren't selling SC's, but maybe
> I'm wrong. I'll check it out.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and am pretty sure I saw some Blurs in
there.

KP

--
Remove _me_ for e-mail address

Richard Adams
December 10th 03, 04:02 AM
gohike wrote:
> Hi, I am in the market for a new Heckler and am looking for a good
> LBS in the Northern California area that stocks Santa Cruz bikes. I
> live in Santa Cruz and work in the South Bay (San Jose/Santa Clara)
> but am not opposed to driving a ways for a good deal. Anyone on the
> board have a good recommendation within or near the bay area? I am
> aware of the shops in Santa Cruz, but am not totally sold on either
> one. I am also aware of the online companies, but would rather spend
> a comparable amount at a LBS. Thanks for any and all responses...
>
> --
> rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

You've tried Family Cycling Center on 41st in Capitola and (IIRC)
Another Bike Shop on Mission, right?

gohike
December 10th 03, 03:07 PM
Richard Adams > wrote in message >...
> gohike wrote:
> > Hi, I am in the market for a new Heckler and am looking for a good
> > LBS in the Northern California area that stocks Santa Cruz bikes. I
> > live in Santa Cruz and work in the South Bay (San Jose/Santa Clara)
> > but am not opposed to driving a ways for a good deal. Anyone on the
> > board have a good recommendation within or near the bay area? I am
> > aware of the shops in Santa Cruz, but am not totally sold on either
> > one. I am also aware of the online companies, but would rather spend
> > a comparable amount at a LBS. Thanks for any and all responses...
> >
> > --
> > rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> > posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> > Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt
> >

> You've tried Family Cycling Center on 41st in Capitola and (IIRC)
> Another Bike Shop on Mission, right?

Yes, I have. FCC is pretty pricey and I do not like the customer
service at ABS, so I haven't shopped there for years. There prices
are just as high as FCC as well. After visiting these two shops I
decided to post online to see if there were any othe good rec's. I
have been hearing a lot about Reeds in San Jose. I'm going to check
them out this week sometime.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home