PDA

View Full Version : tubeless

W.S. O'Neal
December 30th 03, 05:40 AM
How do you build a set of tubeless tires so that they don't leak air? No
fair using slime.

Diane

Per Elmsäter
December 30th 03, 04:07 PM
W.S. O'Neal wrote:
> How do you build a set of tubeless tires so that they don't leak air?
> No fair using slime.
>
> Diane

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but.
I would use an UST rim and UST tires of course. Anyway that's what I do and
I have no problems with leaking air. Probably because I always pump my tires
before every ride. Admitting that some air have escaped since my last ride,
but I don't see that as a problem since it will not escape during the ride.
On my wheels with tubes I always have to let out a tad of air before I pump
so actually the UST tires are easier for me to handle.

--
Perre

Dawgwalker
December 31st 03, 02:30 PM
It's the tires not the wheels. Make sure tire beads remain clean, dirt
works into the seals, and you can use Stan's Notube sealant. Expect to pump
at least weekly which is the same schedule for tubes.
"W.S. O'Neal" > wrote in message
> How do you build a set of tubeless tires so that they don't leak air? No
> fair using slime.
>
> Diane
>
> --
> rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home