PDA

View Full Version : New Bike Advice

Marc Jennings
February 4th 04, 03:53 PM
I am about to buy a bike again after a number of years. I would plan to
use it to get a little exersise and would be cycling on roads and off
road cycle paths etc. so nothing too demanding max 10-15 miles a week.

I have looked in my local bike shop and seen a Raleigh Mountain bike
(Max Aero). This is a basic Mountain bike with ridged forks and a
Chromeoly ?? frame. Parts all look reasonable quality (Shimano gears, EZ
rapid fire shifters, Pro Max Brakes) and although it is obviously an old
model it apparently had a UK RRP of 190 pounds. It is on offer for 90
pounds in a sale.

Is this a good buy for a novice like me to start with? I've tried it for
size etc. and it feels ok. In all honesty I can't afford to spend a
great deal and all of the other bikes in this price range were makes I
had never heard of.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Marc