PDA

View Full Version : Gary Fisher Stem Extension?

zumghalli
February 27th 04, 03:07 AM
I have an X-Caliber and the stem is just a little too short. Are there
extensions or can i but a longer stem to correct what is a a small
adjustment in size, without having to replace anything else?

S o r n i
February 27th 04, 03:33 AM
zumghalli wrote:
> I have an X-Caliber and the stem is just a little too short. Are there
> extensions or can i but a longer stem to correct what is a a small
> adjustment in size, without having to replace anything else?

Replacing a stem is very easy. Find out what your current one is (measure
or look to see if stamped on it), and buy one that's a bit longer. (Ask
someone for help if you don't know how to do it.)

Have you tried rotating the bar out a little? Especially with a riser, it's
a simple way to make small adjustments without replacing components. (Might
have to move the brake levers a little, too, however.)

Bill "HTH" S.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home