PDA

View Full Version : beginner mtn bike, what to buy

mark v.
March 4th 04, 05:01 PM
I bet you guys get a lot of these. I am in nashville and Im looking to
take advantage of these great hills and country side as I previously
lived in the city. I want to get a bike that will serve me well. I
dont really plan to race or anything, just go out on the weekends and
evenings and ride the crap out of my bike. I also dont want a throw
away bike so something quality would be good.
Is the schwinn rocket series a good bike? A lot of the guys here say
schwinn is junk and I should get a rocky mtn. What full suspension
bike do you guys recommend for a beginner?
Thanks

Per Elmsäter
March 5th 04, 09:54 AM
mark v. wrote:
> I bet you guys get a lot of these.

No. Not too many. Seldom more than two a day actually.

--
Perre

S o r n i
March 5th 04, 04:07 PM
Per Elmsäter wrote:
> mark v. wrote:
>> I bet you guys get a lot of these.
>
> No. Not too many. Seldom more than two a day actually.

Maybe on AM-B, but not RBO-R! It's a downright flurry to get two posts a
WEEK here...

Bill "they'd shoot an animal in this condition" S.

stinks
March 5th 04, 04:55 PM
"mark v." > wrote in message
m...
> I bet you guys get a lot of these. I am in nashville and Im looking to
> take advantage of these great hills and country side as I previously
> lived in the city. I want to get a bike that will serve me well. I
> dont really plan to race or anything, just go out on the weekends and
> evenings and ride the crap out of my bike. I also dont want a throw
> away bike so something quality would be good.
> Is the schwinn rocket series a good bike? A lot of the guys here say
> schwinn is junk and I should get a rocky mtn. What full suspension
> bike do you guys recommend for a beginner?
> Thanks

I tried a rocky mtn, specialized (several models) Trek,
and Gary Fisher...

Road a Yetti and bought it on the spot..

smiles
March 8th 04, 01:54 PM
Giant builds most of the bikes people will suggest ... so go with them, they
have the best "value" ... fuji makes some good ones ... if money is no
problem, get a Santa Cruz Blur.

http://boardnbike.com

"mark v." > wrote in message
m...
> I bet you guys get a lot of these. I am in nashville and Im looking to
> take advantage of these great hills and country side as I previously
> lived in the city. I want to get a bike that will serve me well. I
> dont really plan to race or anything, just go out on the weekends and
> evenings and ride the crap out of my bike. I also dont want a throw
> away bike so something quality would be good.
> Is the schwinn rocket series a good bike? A lot of the guys here say
> schwinn is junk and I should get a rocky mtn. What full suspension
> bike do you guys recommend for a beginner?
> Thanks
>
> --
> rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home