PDA

View Full Version : bottom bracket replacement on a killer-v cannondale? What size

darin Ginther
March 9th 04, 03:11 AM
I've got a 96, Cannondale Killer-V MTB.
Crank bearnings are creaking quite a bit. I'd like to replace the
entire bottom bracket with a new sealed unit.. Anyone know the correct
size or where I could find out such information?

tcmedara
March 9th 04, 04:28 AM
darin Ginther > wrote:
> I've got a 96, Cannondale Killer-V MTB.
> Crank bearnings are creaking quite a bit. I'd like to replace the
> entire bottom bracket with a new sealed unit.. Anyone know the correct
> size or where I could find out such information?

Pull off the old one. It should be written on the bracket itself. Order
same size via mail order or buy same size from LBS. Replace and keep riding
until you get a new one. Cannondale customer service may help too. Try
here: http://www.cannondale.com/

Tom

Mike DeMicco
March 10th 04, 03:27 AM
(darin Ginther) wrote in
om:

> I've got a 96, Cannondale Killer-V MTB.
> Crank bearnings are creaking quite a bit. I'd like to replace the
> entire bottom bracket with a new sealed unit.. Anyone know the correct
> size or where I could find out such information?

It depends on what crank you have. The Killer V takes standard English
threaded bottom brackets.

--
Mike DeMicco >

Google