PDA

View Full Version : Swapping cassettes?

Allen and Sharon Nichols
April 25th 04, 10:24 PM
Hi,

How hard is it to remove a cassette from a hub? I have an older
Raleigh with LX hubs and a new Mongoose full suspension. I want to put
the new cassette that's on the Mongoose on the rim with the LX hubs.
They're both 8 speed cassettes.

Thanks,
Al

Per Elmsäter
April 25th 04, 10:53 PM
Allen and Sharon Nichols wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How hard is it to remove a cassette from a hub? I have an older
> Raleigh with LX hubs and a new Mongoose full suspension. I want to put
> the new cassette that's on the Mongoose on the rim with the LX hubs.
> They're both 8 speed cassettes.
>
> Thanks,
> Al

It's easy but you'll need a chainwhip and a something else tool that I don't
know the name of.
If you search arpound on Sheldons site here you'll find all the answers to
this question and any future queastions you may have ;)
www.sheldonbrown.com
--
Perre

Not the Karl Orff
April 26th 04, 11:56 PM
In article >,
"Per Elmsäter" > wrote:

> Allen and Sharon Nichols wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > How hard is it to remove a cassette from a hub? I have an older
> > Raleigh with LX hubs and a new Mongoose full suspension. I want to put
> > the new cassette that's on the Mongoose on the rim with the LX hubs.
> > They're both 8 speed cassettes.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Al
>

> It's easy but you'll need a chainwhip and a something else tool that I don't
> know the name of.

A cassette key which locks into the cassette hub (specific models for
specific brands/types of hubs). You'd need a wrench to use it.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home