PDA

View Full Version : Good Riding Shorts????

June 21st 04, 11:40 PM
Does anyone make a good pair of riding shorts anymore?

Years ago I had some Giordano's that were black, thick, heavy, super
supportive, and had a real chamois. Now from them I get multi colored, thin,
light, fair support, and a synthetic chamois.

I would love to find a company that makes a pair like the old ones!

Any ideas?

The Martins
July 4th 04, 07:39 PM
Check out Voler at www.velowear.com. Great products at great prices.
> wrote in message
> Does anyone make a good pair of riding shorts anymore?
>
> Years ago I had some Giordano's that were black, thick, heavy, super
> supportive, and had a real chamois. Now from them I get multi colored,
thin,
> light, fair support, and a synthetic chamois.
>
> I would love to find a company that makes a pair like the old ones!
>
> Any ideas?
>

> --
> rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

Gheri Curl
July 17th 04, 12:30 AM
nema makes nice baggies. great chamois in the jewel.

> wrote in message >...
> Does anyone make a good pair of riding shorts anymore?
>
> Years ago I had some Giordano's that were black, thick, heavy, super
> supportive, and had a real chamois. Now from them I get multi colored, thin,
> light, fair support, and a synthetic chamois.
>
> I would love to find a company that makes a pair like the old ones!
>
> Any ideas?

James McNiff
July 18th 04, 03:45 AM
I am a big fan of Santini CX shorts (Santini outfits the majority of the
Tour De France teams this year). They have the best chamois (twist gel) that
I have ridden, are tough as nails for road or mountain riding, and fit great
in the saddle. They are using a textured Lycra which is not thin and shiny
like other shorts.

I used to ride Pearl Izumi shorts (which are nice enough), but the Santini
are far better. They are not as cheap as Vollers, but are much, much better.
You should be able to get them for under $100.00 a pair. I got mine from
www.veloclothes.com for $89.00 plus $4.95 shipping.

Ride On!

"The Martins" > wrote in message
> Check out Voler at www.velowear.com. Great products at great prices.
> > wrote in message
> > Does anyone make a good pair of riding shorts anymore?
> >
> > Years ago I had some Giordano's that were black, thick, heavy, super
> > supportive, and had a real chamois. Now from them I get multi colored,
> thin,
> > light, fair support, and a synthetic chamois.
> >
> > I would love to find a company that makes a pair like the old ones!
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >

> > --
> > rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> > posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> > Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt
> >

> --
> rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home