PDA

View Full Version : another NooB question...

keith
June 30th 04, 07:02 PM
background:: running is tearing up my legs anymore, but i need a low
impact aerobic excercise inorder to keep fit for my true love
rockclimbing/mountaineering.

unfortunatly i know jack sheet about bikes...but am doing lots of
research.

I've been spying the specialized enduro. i truly cannot justify
purchasing such a highend bike at such prices for 2004 models.

is the full suspension system for 2004 models all that much different
than last yrs or even 2002 models? how do you people feel about
purchasing a bike over ebay? what would be a good price on a two yr
old model?

thanks for any help offered in advance.

JCS

Brett Jaffee
July 1st 04, 02:37 PM
(keith) wrote in
om:

> background:: running is tearing up my legs anymore, but i need a low
> impact aerobic excercise inorder to keep fit for my true love
> rockclimbing/mountaineering.
>
> unfortunatly i know jack sheet about bikes...but am doing lots of
> research.
>
> I've been spying the specialized enduro. i truly cannot justify
> purchasing such a highend bike at such prices for 2004 models.
>
> is the full suspension system for 2004 models all that much different
> than last yrs or even 2002 models? how do you people feel about
> purchasing a bike over ebay? what would be a good price on a two yr
> old model?

Last year, when the 2004's were coming in, I saw Supergo was selling the
2003 Enduro for around $1200. Looks like the same design as the 2004. Of
course, components often change from year to year, but the frames appear to
be the same.

I got my 2003 Kona Dawg after the 2004's came out. The only differences
were that the 2004 had the Fox Float shock with ProPedal (verus the plain
old Fox Float), and different brand brakes.

Whatever you decide, you're looking at spending over $1000 for a good full
suspension bike.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home