PDA

View Full Version : Full Suspension

peter.kidwell
July 24th 04, 12:06 AM
My main cycling is on road and I only own road bikes(which I use off road)
but I have decided to do more off road cycling and buy a Mtn Bike do I go
for full suspension or front only.
My rides would be about 50 miles on tracks & trails, not on the real tech
stuff.
I think Just front sus. might be ok but everyone in the mags are saying full
sus is much better.??????

PK

S o r n i
July 24th 04, 01:33 AM
peter.kidwell wrote:
> My main cycling is on road and I only own road bikes(which I use off
> road) but I have decided to do more off road cycling and buy a Mtn
> Bike do I go for full suspension or front only.
> My rides would be about 50 miles on tracks & trails, not on the real
> tech stuff.
> I think Just front sus. might be ok but everyone in the mags are
> saying full sus is much better.??????

You probably don't need ANY suspension (other than that nice big fat front
tire), but if you must have it then go for a hardtail with a decent-quality
fork.

Have you considered a cyclocross bike instead of a mountain bike?

Bill "horses for courses...of course" S.

DanTheMusicFan25
July 27th 04, 08:43 PM
I would say that full suspension gives you the ultimate level of control over a
hardtail, but obviously this comes at a price in relation to the equivalent
hardtail. Still if money is no object than FRS would have to win - except in
terms of weight. A hardtail will virtually always be lighter than the
equivalent full suspension rig. And unless your seriously into XC riding I
would argue that a hardtail will do the job in the majority of cases.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home