PDA

View Full Version : Raceline Giro

Deano
March 11th 06, 12:41 AM
Looking a purchasing some new wheels,

LBS has shown me a Raceline Giro 105 10 Speed groupset, for $1499,
Anyone have any views on Racline. Any other views on bikes with
similair specs & $, would be greatly appreciated. Looking to use it for
beginer Tri's, but not after Tri Specific bike at the moment,
I am located in Perth, any other Bike Shops people could suggest.

Thanks

jim
March 12th 06, 10:18 PM
for $3-400 more you will get a much better spec - particularly in the frame
and wheels dept

the option below is unlikely to be full 105 unless a) it is 1+ seasons
oldstock; or b) the frame and wheel quality is a compromise

"Deano" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Looking a purchasing some new wheels,
>
> LBS has shown me a Raceline Giro 105 10 Speed groupset, for $1499,
> Anyone have any views on Racline. Any other views on bikes with
> similair specs & $, would be greatly appreciated. Looking to use it for
> beginer Tri's, but not after Tri Specific bike at the moment,
> I am located in Perth, any other Bike Shops people could suggest.
>
> Thanks

Deano
March 13th 06, 01:20 AM
Thanks For Input,

FYI - is the 2006 Model , Except for Crankset & BB ( Truative Elita)
bike is full 105 Spec. with Shimano R-550 wheels & hubs.

Cheers

roshea
March 13th 06, 02:13 AM

http://tinyurl.com/j4zwv

--
roshea

Bleve
March 13th 06, 10:47 AM
Deano wrote:
> Looking a purchasing some new wheels,
>
> LBS has shown me a Raceline Giro 105 10 Speed groupset, for $1499,
> Anyone have any views on Racline.

Yep. Try and swap a rear tyre while it's inflated.

Unless they fixed it in the larger size frames, that's one *dumb* frame
design.

Raceline is Apollo, btw, in case you were wondering.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home