PDA

View Full Version : Go Katie (& Rochelle & Alexis)

Parbs
March 17th 06, 09:06 AM
Points Race

1 Katherine Bates (Australia) 30 pts
2 Rochelle Gilmore (Australia) 21
3 Kate Cullen (Scotland) 13
4 Gina Katherine Grain (Canada) 12
5 Mandy Poitras (Canada) 10
6 Joanne Kiesanowski (New Zealand) 9
7 Emma Jones (England) 4
8 Nikki Harris (England) 3
9 Iona Wynter (Jamaica) 2
10 Alexis Rhodes (Australia) 2
11 Tammy Boyd (New Zealand) 1
12 Uracca Leow Hoay Sim (Malaysia) 1
13 Noor Azian Binti Alias (Malaysia)

Parbs
March 17th 06, 09:18 AM
Woohoo! More cycling less swimming please channel 9

rooman
March 17th 06, 01:17 PM
Parbs Wrote:
> Points Race
>
> 1 Katherine Bates (Australia) 30 pts
> 2 Rochelle Gilmore (Australia) 21
> 3 Kate Cullen (Scotland) 13
> 4 Gina Katherine Grain (Canada) 12
> 5 Mandy Poitras (Canada) 10
> 6 Joanne Kiesanowski (New Zealand) 9
> 7 Emma Jones (England) 4
> 8 Nikki Harris (England) 3
> 9 Iona Wynter (Jamaica) 2
> 10 Alexis Rhodes (Australia) 2
> 11 Tammy Boyd (New Zealand) 1
> 12 Uracca Leow Hoay Sim (Malaysia) 1
> 13 Noor Azian Binti Alias (Malaysia)
This was one of the most beautifully controlled women's points races
you will have ever seen...I felts priviledged to watch it..the
Australian girls rode superbly, with control and magnificent tactics
and although Kate and Rochelle took the medals, I suggest the rider of
the night was in fact Alexis, she rode a wonderfull support
race...being the blocker, chasing down the breaks. letting the other
two rest and covering every gap and breakaway...she was masterfull .
There were clear team tactics, they had the numbers to do it and
carried it out...England had a clear tactic with only two riders to go
for a break after every sprint and try and steal a lap, but Alexis sat
back up to the sprints then came forward to cover as the other two
could back off...she even had the chance when down to 20 laps to go for
a lap and that could have happened if the other two went with her and
they would have won all three medals...but Kate and Rochelle couldnt do
it and they all then cruised and covered to the finish...

A great result...and Alexis made it happen..., so lets get behind her
at the road race...she is a true champion, a team player and a great
Aussie champion.

Go Lexi Go Lexis Go Lexis yay!!!

--
rooman

DaveB
March 18th 06, 11:39 PM
rooman wrote:
> Parbs Wrote:
>
>>Points Race
>>
>>1 Katherine Bates (Australia) 30 pts
>>2 Rochelle Gilmore (Australia) 21
>>3 Kate Cullen (Scotland) 13
>>4 Gina Katherine Grain (Canada) 12
>>5 Mandy Poitras (Canada) 10
>>6 Joanne Kiesanowski (New Zealand) 9
>>7 Emma Jones (England) 4
>>8 Nikki Harris (England) 3
>>9 Iona Wynter (Jamaica) 2
>>10 Alexis Rhodes (Australia) 2
>>11 Tammy Boyd (New Zealand) 1
>>12 Uracca Leow Hoay Sim (Malaysia) 1
>>13 Noor Azian Binti Alias (Malaysia)
>
> This was one of the most beautifully controlled women's points races
> you will have ever seen...I felts priviledged to watch it..the

But surely the highlight for the crowd was the U19 scratch race. For
those that weren't there, it was an all Australian race with a couple of
girls. With 5 laps to go the two girls broke away and quickly got half a
lap, which was pretty funny until 2 laps to go and they still had it.
The crowd went wild at the thought of all those testosterone filled boys
getting beaten, but should have realised those boys would never let that
happen and the girls got caught for the final lap. Great entertainment
though.

DaveB

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home