PDA

View Full Version : Campy hubs/wheels: Makes noise over bumps, normal?

March 18th 06, 07:56 AM
I just bought a pair of Campy Eurus wheels and I noticed that when I
ride over bumps, the wheelset (and really the hubs) make a solid thunk
noise. Is that common? Is that just part of the deal?

A Muzi
March 18th 06, 04:14 PM
wrote:

> I just bought a pair of Campy Eurus wheels and I noticed that when I
> ride over bumps, the wheelset (and really the hubs) make a solid thunk
> noise. Is that common? Is that just part of the deal?

Check for loose headset, loose hub bearing.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Phil, Squid-in-Training
March 18th 06, 11:01 PM
wrote:
> I just bought a pair of Campy Eurus wheels and I noticed that when I
> ride over bumps, the wheelset (and really the hubs) make a solid thunk
> noise. Is that common? Is that just part of the deal?

What Andy said.

Also, if you can reproduce the noises when you're just bouncing the bike up
and down on the ground, you can more easily pinpoint the noise.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

March 19th 06, 04:31 AM
Bingo, it was the headset. Amazing how the origin of a sound can be so
deceptive. Thanks for the tip!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home