PDA

View Full Version : ergopower -- brake lever disassembly?

geos
March 20th 06, 08:52 PM
hello,

I downloaded exploded diagrams for campagnolo shifters and it's not
clear to me if it's possible to reuse brushings and rivets (if those are
rivets) which are marked red on the following picture (28kB):

http://tinyurl.com/r8gpo

Is it possible to disassemble ergopower's brake lever only and
reassemble it without need additional parts?

I would appreciate your help.

thanks,
geos

March 20th 06, 09:08 PM
geos wrote:
> hello,
>
> I downloaded exploded diagrams for campagnolo shifters and it's not
> clear to me if it's possible to reuse brushings and rivets (if those are
> rivets) which are marked red on the following picture (28kB):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/r8gpo
>
> Is it possible to disassemble ergopower's brake lever only and
> reassemble it without need additional parts?
>
> I would appreciate your help.
>
> thanks,
> geos

The parts you marked in red are just press fits. Take a nail punch or
nail and tap the pin out. I think I drove mine out to the inside, not
sure it matters. You can reuse all of the parts when you reassemble it.

geos
March 20th 06, 11:33 PM
geos wrote:
> [...] which are marked red on the following picture (28kB):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/r8gpo
>
> Is it possible to disassemble ergopower's brake lever only and
> reassemble it without the need of additional parts?

here is the real picture of the detail:

http://tinyurl.com/zmsr5

it's campagnolo record ultra 10, if this information is important.

thanks,
geos

geos
March 20th 06, 11:34 PM
wrote:
> The parts you marked in red are just press fits. Take a nail punch or
> nail and tap the pin out. I think I drove mine out to the inside, not
> sure it matters. You can reuse all of the parts when you reassemble it.

thank you for the hint!

cheers,
geos

March 20th 06, 11:58 PM
geos wrote:
> geos wrote:
> > [...] which are marked red on the following picture (28kB):
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/r8gpo
> >
> > Is it possible to disassemble ergopower's brake lever only and
> > reassemble it without the need of additional parts?
>
> here is the real picture of the detail:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/zmsr5
>
> it's campagnolo record ultra 10, if this information is important.
>
> thanks,
> geos

Just take a punch and drive it out. You have to do this to overhaul
the Ergo levers.

http://www.yellowjersey.org/ergo1.html

On page 2 of the Ergo overhaul manual above, item 2, it says to punch
out this pin with a punch and hammer. It lists the part letters and
shows the picture on page 5 of the manual.

geos
March 21st 06, 12:11 AM
wrote:
> Just take a punch and drive it out. You have to do this to overhaul
> the Ergo levers.
>
> http://www.yellowjersey.org/ergo1.html
>
> On page 2 of the Ergo overhaul manual above, item 2, it says to punch
> out this pin with a punch and hammer. It lists the part letters and
> shows the picture on page 5 of the manual.

Thanks! :) I really appreciate this!

cheers,
geos

me
March 21st 06, 01:02 AM
"geos" > wrote in message
> hello,
>
> I downloaded exploded diagrams for campagnolo shifters and it's not clear
> to me if it's possible to reuse brushings and rivets (if those are rivets)
> which are marked red on the following picture (28kB):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/r8gpo
>
> Is it possible to disassemble ergopower's brake lever only and reassemble
> it without need additional parts?
>
> I would appreciate your help.
>
> thanks,
> geos

You can normally disassemble an Ergo for rebuild WITHOUT removing the lever.
At least I have been able to do so the three times I had to go there.
Removing the lever just makes it easier to seat the Allen key on that side,
but it can be done otherwise..

Jeffrey

A Muzi
March 21st 06, 02:28 AM
geos wrote:
> hello,
>
> I downloaded exploded diagrams for campagnolo shifters and it's not
> clear to me if it's possible to reuse brushings and rivets (if those are
> rivets) which are marked red on the following picture (28kB):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/r8gpo
>
> Is it possible to disassemble ergopower's brake lever only and
> reassemble it without need additional parts?

Certainly. Unless the nylon bushngs are squished , yes
re-use them.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org