PDA

View Full Version : {Melb} Too much bike fun!

cfsmtb
March 21st 06, 01:20 AM
Our internerd currently thinks it's a teapot & unfortunately I'm
utilising the services of a internerd cafe with Fox-FM, car noise and
car fumes. Such fun.

Anyway I'm now going to attempt at least six separate threads and/or
reminders into one and test your reading and analysis skills. Big
breath, here goes ....

1. aus.bicycle spoke cards.
Yes we're been busy out in the shed and those cards are almost
finished. So to those of you with pre-orders, we haven't forgotten
about you. Should have the printing & laminating component done by next
week.

2. Tomorrow night YarraBUG are having a genteel ride around the Capital
City Trail, perusing the "Fish" on the Yarra, being *dreadfully nice* to
the pedestrians strolling along Southbank and then continuing along to
Docklands for a cuppa & meal. So gently stretch your legs and partake
in a small PR exercise down in Southbank along the way.

Yarra Social Twilight Ride - Wednesday March 22nd
http://www.yarrabug.org
Hi all, time to saddle up and come along to our next midweek ride
details as follows. Yarra Twilight Social Ride. Meet 6.30pm at Dights
Falls to ride to Docklands and return to inner northern suburbs,
estimated ride time 1 hour 40 minute + coffee/meal time a bit extra. Or
at your leisure! Please bring bike lights and lock, helmet, adequate
clothing. Email cfsmtbATgmailDOTcom

3. PubBUG/Wheels of Justice GOATAGE - this Friday 24th March at
Mountain Goat Brewery in Burnley. Start possibly at 6pm or when we can
be stuffed.

4. Invitation Sat 25th, March 10am - 4pm Doing our bit to celebrate the
Commonwealth Games, Charlie and Paul invite you to an Open Day at Farren
Bike Collection. View the amazing and wonderful Farren Historial
Bicycles and Tricycles specially smarted up for the occassion! plus
coffee and coissants. 131 Brighton Street, Richmond. Melways ref 58 F1.
Check out the Commonwealth Games cyclists trying out the nearby road
race course between 8 - 10 am before the main race on Sunday 26th, then
drop in for chat or stay all day!

5. Sunday 26th - Comms Games Road Cycling. YarraBUG are having another
genteel ride, meeting up at 8am at Suede Bar, 284 Smith Street,
Collingwood to ride down to the course. Now a few other planned events
spring to mind, ie: the Wheels of Justice "Alexis Rhodes Cheersquad".

Now here's an idea or two. Wear a glitter wig, paint crappy cardboard
signs with clag and glitter enblazoned with ALEXIS ROCKS or ALEXIS IS
MY HERO or similar. The plan is, if we're visually silly enough, we may
appear on telly. Whatdoyathink?!? We are currently discussing on the
PubBUG list a suitable meeting point, and an offer for storage place
for our bikes.

6. From bikefunnist: Sun 26 Mar – The Critical Criterium
2pm - Carlton Gardens Fountain. Come reveal you inner legendary
cyclist.
For all those who decided not to ride in the Commonwealth Games this
year, here is the ride for you! Picnic, beverages and medal
presentation after. (superhero costumes and lycra encouraged)
organisers: moose & chicken and lollyman

--
cfsmtb

Bleve
March 21st 06, 01:31 AM
cfsmtb wrote:

> 5. Sunday 26th - Comms Games Road Cycling. YarraBUG are having another
> genteel ride, meeting up at 8am at Suede Bar, 284 Smith Street,
> Collingwood to ride down to the course. Now a few other planned events
> spring to mind, ie: the Wheels of Justice "Alexis Rhodes Cheersquad".
>
> Now here's an idea or two. Wear a glitter wig, paint crappy cardboard
> signs with clag and glitter enblazoned with ALEXIS ROCKS or ALEXIS IS
> MY HERO or similar. The plan is, if we're visually silly enough, we may
> appear on telly. Whatdoyathink?!? We are currently discussing on the
> PubBUG list a suitable meeting point, and an offer for storage place
> for our bikes.

You might want to think twice about it, she may not appreciate the
effort :

http://www.theage.com.au/news/cycling/rhodes-says-its-time-to-move-on/2006/03/18/1142582565551.html

cfsmtb
March 21st 06, 01:41 AM

--
cfsmtb

Bleve
March 21st 06, 02:05 AM
cfsmtb wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
> >

> > You might want to think twice about it, she may not appreciate the
> > effort :
> > QUOTE]
> >
> > Always full of happiness and joy ain't you Carl?

If she'd prefer not to be made a fuss of, then it would seem to me to
be respectful to her to let her be. Your call, of course. All I did
was suggest that you consider what she seems to want according to that
article. Did you read it? What're your thoughts about it?

Zebee Johnstone
March 21st 06, 02:06 AM
In aus.bicycle on Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:20:24 +1100
cfsmtb > wrote:

> 5. Sunday 26th - Comms Games Road Cycling. YarraBUG are having another
> genteel ride, meeting up at 8am at Suede Bar, 284 Smith Street,
> Collingwood to ride down to the course. Now a few other planned events
> spring to mind, ie: the Wheels of Justice "Alexis Rhodes Cheersquad".
>
> Now here's an idea or two. Wear a glitter wig, paint crappy cardboard
> signs with clag and glitter enblazoned with ALEXIS ROCKS or ALEXIS IS
> MY HERO or similar. The plan is, if we're visually silly enough, we may
> appear on telly. Whatdoyathink?!? We are currently discussing on the
> PubBUG list a suitable meeting point, and an offer for storage place
> for our bikes.

Hmm.. if I saw that, I'd think you lot were taking the **** out of her
for not placing....

Zebee

cfsmtb
March 21st 06, 02:13 AM
Bleve Wrote:
> If she'd prefer not to be made a fuss of, then it would seem to me to
> be respectful to her to let her be. Your call, of course. All I did
> was suggest that you consider what she seems to want according to that
> article. Did you read it? What're your thoughts about it?

It's Tuesday, not Friday arvo. Now go have a little nanna nap and calm
down young fella. :D :D :D

--
cfsmtb

Bleve
March 21st 06, 02:29 AM
cfsmtb wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
> > If she'd prefer not to be made a fuss of, then it would seem to me to
> > be respectful to her to let her be. Your call, of course. All I did
> > was suggest that you consider what she seems to want according to that
> > article. Did you read it? What're your thoughts about it?
>
> It's Tuesday, not Friday arvo. Now go have a little nanna nap and calm
> down young fella. :D :D :D

Did you read it (apart from the date)? What's your opinion on the
article? Are you willing to answer a simple, direct question with
anything but a diversion?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home