PDA

View Full Version : Repair gear cable adjusters

March 21st 06, 10:04 PM
How do I repair the seized gear cable adjuster on my aluminium alloy
road bike frame. One, the left, was repaired (by drilling out the
exisiting seized adjuster, tapping the hole and fitting a new adjuster)
by my LBS recently but has now seized again.

Advice please. Thanks.

March 21st 06, 10:08 PM
PcBlaster followed by light synthetic oil

dvt
March 21st 06, 10:16 PM
wrote:
> How do I repair the seized gear cable adjuster on my aluminium alloy
> road bike frame. One, the left, was repaired (by drilling out the
> exisiting seized adjuster, tapping the hole and fitting a new adjuster)
> by my LBS recently but has now seized again.

I had that problem, but on a steel frame. I replaced the cable adjuster
with a ferrule. The rear derailer has a built-in adjuster, so I didn't
need two adjusters.

Elsewhere on that bike I have an inline cable adjuster. You could use
one of those to replace the removed adjuster.

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Alex Rodriguez
March 23rd 06, 07:09 PM
In article om>,
says...

>How do I repair the seized gear cable adjuster on my aluminium alloy
>road bike frame. One, the left, was repaired (by drilling out the
>exisiting seized adjuster, tapping the hole and fitting a new adjuster)
>by my LBS recently but has now seized again.
>
>Advice please. Thanks.

After you fix the problem, make sure you use some anti-seize on the threads.
Alex

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home