PDA

View Full Version : Bikers Log Gold now donationware.

Marc Keeley
March 21st 06, 11:13 PM
Hello all,

Not sure if this is the correct rec.bicycles forum to post this but I'm sure
you'll let me know if it isn't ;-)

I'm a long time cyclist and also a lurker on these forums and thought you
might like to know that I've re-released my Bikers Log Gold program as
donationware rather than shareware (where it has earned a number of awards
over since first being released). The difference between shareware and
donationware is that with donationware the program is fully functional with
no limitations. If you like the program and find it useful then, if you
wish, you can make a donation but you're neither obliged or pestered in any
way to do so.

Now that's out of the way here are some of BLG's features:

.. Allows an unlimited number of riders each to record details for an
unlimited number of bikes.

.. Log details of your rides, with summaries, sorting, searching, grouping,
filtering and printing.
Save often ridden routes for quick data entry.

.. Maintenance log, automatically updated when rides are logged. With sorting
and warnings
for pending and overdue tasks. Maintenance report prints tasks that are
due or overdue.

.. Milestones (targets), track your progress against any number of
milestones.

.. Graphs, ride, trip, session type, race and health, graphs. Graphs can be
printed, copied to the
clipboard and saved to disk.

.. Health log, record all aspects of your health including weight,
measurements, blood pressure and pulse.

.. Diary with reminder facility.

.. Body fat, heart rate, spoke length and gear calculators.

.. Unit converter for distances, weights and temperatures.

.. Categorised tips database.

You can download it from:
http://www.freewebs.com/bikerslog/

Use the second download button please, it links to a file storage site, as
freewebs don't give you much bandwidth and I don't want to run out. Also
note the distribution restrictions.

If you have any problems let me know and I'll take a look.

Marc Keeley
(add S after biker to reply)

March 22nd 06, 05:02 AM
I like http://www.bikejournal.com myself. Free for most features, some
features require premium membership. Allows you to compare with other
cyclists on the same site.

Does not have all the maintenance tracking items. Does not have
reminder facilities. Only has Calendar Year goal.

How do the various riders enter and compare thier miles?

Marc Keeley wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Not sure if this is the correct rec.bicycles forum to post this but I'm sure
> you'll let me know if it isn't ;-)
>
> I'm a long time cyclist and also a lurker on these forums and thought you
> might like to know that I've re-released my Bikers Log Gold program as
> donationware rather than shareware (where it has earned a number of awards
> over since first being released). The difference between shareware and
> donationware is that with donationware the program is fully functional with
> no limitations. If you like the program and find it useful then, if you
> wish, you can make a donation but you're neither obliged or pestered in any
> way to do so.
>
> Now that's out of the way here are some of BLG's features:
>
> . Allows an unlimited number of riders each to record details for an
> unlimited number of bikes.
>
> . Log details of your rides, with summaries, sorting, searching, grouping,
> filtering and printing.
> Save often ridden routes for quick data entry.
>
> . Maintenance log, automatically updated when rides are logged. With sorting
> and warnings
> for pending and overdue tasks. Maintenance report prints tasks that are
> due or overdue.
>
> . Milestones (targets), track your progress against any number of
> milestones.
>
> . Graphs, ride, trip, session type, race and health, graphs. Graphs can be
> printed, copied to the
> clipboard and saved to disk.
>
> . Health log, record all aspects of your health including weight,
> measurements, blood pressure and pulse.
>
> . Diary with reminder facility.
>
> . Body fat, heart rate, spoke length and gear calculators.
>
> . Unit converter for distances, weights and temperatures.
>
> . Categorised tips database.
>
> You can download it from:
> http://www.freewebs.com/bikerslog/
>
> Use the second download button please, it links to a file storage site, as
> freewebs don't give you much bandwidth and I don't want to run out. Also
> note the distribution restrictions.
>
> If you have any problems let me know and I'll take a look.
>
> Marc Keeley
> (add S after biker to reply)

Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
March 26th 06, 10:47 PM
wrote:

> I like http://www.bikejournal.com myself. Free for most features, some
> features require premium membership. Allows you to compare with other
> cyclists on the same site.
>
> Does not have all the maintenance tracking items. Does not have
> reminder facilities. Only has Calendar Year goal.
>
> How do the various riders enter and compare thier miles?

By using Velocipede...
http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/Velo/

--
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/

Marc Keeley
March 30th 06, 01:25 AM
Hello Mike

No it doesn't allow you to compare yourself against other riders.
However except for the "out of interest type of thing like have I ridden
the most miles this week I can't see how it is really useful.

Anyway it's free, no ads, definately no spyware and no premium features
you have to pay for.

Marc

" > wrote in
oups.com:

> I like http://www.bikejournal.com myself. Free for most features,
> some features require premium membership. Allows you to compare with
> other cyclists on the same site.
>
> Does not have all the maintenance tracking items. Does not have
> reminder facilities. Only has Calendar Year goal.
>
> How do the various riders enter and compare thier miles?

Marc Keeley
March 30th 06, 01:28 AM
That's a shareware program that hasn't been updated since 2002 (???)
Bikers Log Gold is now effectively free.

Jørn Dahl-Stamnes > wrote in
:

> wrote:
>
>> I like http://www.bikejournal.com myself. Free for most features,
>> some features require premium membership. Allows you to compare with
>> other cyclists on the same site.
>>
>> Does not have all the maintenance tracking items. Does not have
>> reminder facilities. Only has Calendar Year goal.
>>
>> How do the various riders enter and compare thier miles?
>
> By using Velocipede...
> http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/Velo/

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home