PDA

View Full Version : UK safety advert

Zebee Johnstone
March 22nd 06, 07:27 AM
THis is about looking for motorcycles at junctions, but could apply to
pushbikes too.

Now, why can't Oz governments come up with radio ads like this?

"Don't take it in"

http://www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk/campaigns/motorcycles/media/dont.mp3
(468kb)

That, and that TV ad that made the rounds a few weeks ago can be found
at
http://www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk/campaigns/motorcycles/motorcycles02.htm

Zebee

Gemma_k
March 22nd 06, 11:46 AM
"Zebee Johnstone" > wrote in message
.. .
> THis is about looking for motorcycles at junctions, but could apply to
> pushbikes too.
>
> Now, why can't Oz governments come up with radio ads like this?
>
> "Don't take it in"
>
> http://www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk/campaigns/motorcycles/media/dont.mp3
> (468kb)
>
> That, and that TV ad that made the rounds a few weeks ago can be found
> at
> http://www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk/campaigns/motorcycles/motorcycles02.htm

I'm ahead of you by 6 hrs :-)

Speaking of what governments do and don't do, check out Transport SA's share
the road/Team O'Grady ad.
First person to spot me wins a choccie frog :-P My mum didnt!!!
http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/rss/content/safer_people/programs_resources/road_safety_campaigns.htm

Michael Warner
March 22nd 06, 02:43 PM
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:16:38 +1030, Gemma_k wrote:

> Speaking of what governments do and don't do, check out Transport SA's share
> the road/Team O'Grady ad.
> First person to spot me wins a choccie frog :-P My mum didnt!!!
> http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/rss/content/safer_people/programs_resources/road_safety_campaigns.htm

That's easy - you're the slim, cute girl! Do I get the frog?

Bleve
March 23rd 06, 01:09 AM
Gemma_k wrote:
> "Zebee Johnstone" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > THis is about looking for motorcycles at junctions, but could apply to
> > pushbikes too.
> >
> > Now, why can't Oz governments come up with radio ads like this?
> >
> > "Don't take it in"
> >
> > http://www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk/campaigns/motorcycles/media/dont.mp3
> > (468kb)
> >
> > That, and that TV ad that made the rounds a few weeks ago can be found
> > at
> > http://www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk/campaigns/motorcycles/motorcycles02.htm
> >

> I'm ahead of you by 6 hrs :-)
>
> Speaking of what governments do and don't do, check out Transport SA's share
> the road/Team O'Grady ad.
> First person to spot me wins a choccie frog :-P My mum didnt!!!

You're in the mirror of the car that opens the door?

Good Ads, esp the print one where it says it is legal to ride 2
abreast.

EuanB
March 23rd 06, 01:34 AM
Zebee Johnstone Wrote:
> THis is about looking for motorcycles at junctions, but could apply to
> pushbikes too.
>
> Now, why can't Oz governments come up with radio ads like this?
>
> "Don't take it in"
>
> http://tinyurl.com/736e9
> (468kb)
>
> That, and that TV ad that made the rounds a few weeks ago can be found
> at
> http://tinyurl.com/e2wnk
>
> Zebee

There was an ad that ran in the UK when I was a kid with Colin
Jackson. It was nothing flash, just him saying this is a car, with the
camera level with the table and his clenched fist moving across the
table, see how easy it is to see? But a bike's much narrower, moving
hs hand, held as a knife edge across the table.

A bit of illustrative car pulling out in front of a bike 'cause the
bike was obscured by a tree.

Think once, think twice, think BIKE! (knife edge hand karate chops the
table).

It was quite effective I think.

--
EuanB

TimC
March 24th 06, 03:12 AM
On 2006-03-22, Gemma_k (aka Bruce)
> "Zebee Johnstone" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Now, why can't Oz governments come up with radio ads like this?
>>
>> "Don't take it in"
>>
>> http://www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk/campaigns/motorcycles/media/dont.mp3
>> (468kb)
>>
>> That, and that TV ad that made the rounds a few weeks ago can be found
>> at
>> http://www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk/campaigns/motorcycles/motorcycles02.htm
>>

> I'm ahead of you by 6 hrs :-)
>
> Speaking of what governments do and don't do, check out Transport SA's share
> the road/Team O'Grady ad.
> First person to spot me wins a choccie frog :-P My mum didnt!!!
> http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/rss/content/safer_people/programs_resources/road_safety_campaigns.htm

Trés cool!

"Why can't Vic governments come up with radio ads like this?"

Those ads are entirely too sensible. One more addition, that I would
have liked to see alongside the "give cyclists room", is "wait the few
seconds you may need to safely pass a cyclist with adequate clearance"
-- it'll hint to drivers that we really aren't delaying them by all
that much, and they might think about it next time they pass.

--
TimC

Gemma Kernich
March 24th 06, 07:18 AM
"Michael Warner" > wrote in message
.. .
> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:16:38 +1030, Gemma_k wrote:
>
> > Speaking of what governments do and don't do, check out Transport SA's
share
> > the road/Team O'Grady ad.
> > First person to spot me wins a choccie frog :-P My mum didnt!!!

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/rss/content/safer_people/programs_resources/road_safety_campaigns.htm

> That's easy - you're the slim, cute girl! Do I get the frog?

*Bzzzzt* wrong. I'm the monstrous one in the black shorts and white
t-shirt, they put me at the back so I wouldn't block the sun.
:-)

Gemma_k

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home