PDA

View Full Version : attaching head tube badge?

futrino
March 24th 06, 08:04 PM
Hi, I recently bought a head tube badge for my titanium clark kent. I
believe the badge is made of aluminum, it is flat, and of course the
head tube is curved. I am curious of what may be the best, or a good
way to attach the badge.

ebay item 7213658500

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7213658500&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D7213658500%26fvi %3D1

http://tinyurl.com/qhj6x

thanks dan

landotter
March 25th 06, 03:18 AM
Just bend it around the tube and use a decent adhesive. It's not rocket
science. :P If it were my ride, I'd probably use the clear liquid nails
in the toolbox. Matters little.

Peter Cole
March 25th 06, 10:59 AM
landotter wrote:
> Just bend it around the tube and use a decent adhesive. It's not rocket
> science. :P If it were my ride, I'd probably use the clear liquid nails
> in the toolbox. Matters little.

I'd go with contact cement. I had a bike painter reattach my badge after
a paint job, he used tubular cement for some reason. It fell off a year
or so later.

Eddie Nosdtromo
March 25th 06, 02:20 PM
> I'd go with contact cement. I had a bike painter reattach my badge after
> a paint job, he used tubular cement for some reason. It fell off a year
> or so later.

Ditto on contact cement. I bought a fancy Litespeed headbadge for my
buddy's ride and used it two years ago. It's still holding just fine.

Peter Cole
March 26th 06, 09:04 PM
Bob wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 08:20:07 -0600, Eddie Nosdtromo
> > wrote:
>
>>> I'd go with contact cement. I had a bike painter reattach my badge after
>>> a paint job, he used tubular cement for some reason. It fell off a year
>>> or so later.
>>>
>> Ditto on contact cement. I bought a fancy Litespeed headbadge for my
>> buddy's ride and used it two years ago. It's still holding just fine.
>
> I disagree. Contact cement is not made for this purpose. Use something
> serious like a construction adhesive as mentioned or, better yet, a 60
> second epoxy. The more flexible construction adhesive might work well.
>
> make sure you know what solvent removes the adhesive (and does not
> damage your paint) before you apply it to the bike. If you need to
> clean up the excess, you may need to do it in a hurry.

Good point. If you want to ever remove that head badge, any of the stuff
mentioned is probably overkill. "RTV" clear silicone cement is perfect
for holding nonporous materials and would be easy to remove.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home