PDA

View Full Version : FA: Girvin Fork in Carbon Fiber w/ NR2 Shock

RonSonic
March 27th 06, 03:49 AM
Final day for this classic, light and rigid fork.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7228603246

Thanks
Ron

Phil, Squid-in-Training
March 27th 06, 07:03 AM
RonSonic wrote:
> Final day for this classic, light and rigid fork.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7228603246
>
> Thanks
> Ron

Wow those dropouts look way far out ahead... like several cm of trail, esp
since the fork legs are already ahead of the steerer tube...
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

RonSonic
March 27th 06, 02:16 PM
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:03:19 -0500, "Phil, Squid-in-Training"
> wrote:

>RonSonic wrote:
>> Final day for this classic, light and rigid fork.
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7228603246
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ron
>
>Wow those dropouts look way far out ahead... like several cm of trail, esp
>since the fork legs are already ahead of the steerer tube...

They really go back to offset all the rake introduced by the linkage extending
the legs forward of the head tube. Looks much more natural on the bike with a
wheel in place.

I'm really liking the linkage forks, very light and excellent handling more than
makes up for the travel limitation of about 3 - 3.5 inches. Just not room for a
longer link to get more travel unless we come up with some really bulky compound
linkage.

When the lotto recognizes my worth, or I just decide to spend some money on this
hobby I'd like to try the Look Fournalés, a very 21st century looking version of
the concept. Look claims 1.1 Kilos for the thing, retails close to a grand so
I'm not in a hurry. But damn do the photos look cool.

Ron

Phil, Squid-in-Training
March 27th 06, 03:43 PM
RonSonic wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:03:19 -0500, "Phil, Squid-in-Training"
> > wrote:
>
>> RonSonic wrote:
>>> Final day for this classic, light and rigid fork.
>>>
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7228603246
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Ron
>>
>> Wow those dropouts look way far out ahead... like several cm of
>> trail, esp since the fork legs are already ahead of the steerer
>> tube...
>
> They really go back to offset all the rake introduced by the linkage
> extending the legs forward of the head tube. Looks much more natural
> on the bike with a wheel in place.

Ohh, okay I get it.

> I'm really liking the linkage forks, very light and excellent
> handling more than makes up for the travel limitation of about 3 -
> 3.5 inches. Just not room for a longer link to get more travel unless
> we come up with some really bulky compound linkage.

I bet it's a lot more laterally rigid than typical single-crowns.

> When the lotto recognizes my worth, or I just decide to spend some
> money on this hobby I'd like to try the Look Fournalés, a very 21st
> century looking version of the concept. Look claims 1.1 Kilos for the
> thing, retails close to a grand so I'm not in a hurry. But damn do
> the photos look cool.

1.1 kilos is pretty fargin light... I just bought an old Manitou Mars CL
with a carbon arch, at 1200g or thereabouts... gonna put it on the
singlespeed.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

RonSonic
March 28th 06, 02:52 AM
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:43:58 -0500, "Phil, Squid-in-Training"
> wrote:

>RonSonic wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:03:19 -0500, "Phil, Squid-in-Training"
>> > wrote:

>>> Wow those dropouts look way far out ahead... like several cm of
>>> trail, esp since the fork legs are already ahead of the steerer
>>> tube...
>>
>> They really go back to offset all the rake introduced by the linkage
>> extending the legs forward of the head tube. Looks much more natural
>> on the bike with a wheel in place.
>
>Ohh, okay I get it.
>
>> I'm really liking the linkage forks, very light and excellent
>> handling more than makes up for the travel limitation of about 3 -
>> 3.5 inches. Just not room for a longer link to get more travel unless
>> we come up with some really bulky compound linkage.
>
>I bet it's a lot more laterally rigid than typical single-crowns.

Kinda like a rigid fork but with suspension, no whip or torsion at all. Probably
doesn't make much difference for guys as light as you, but it's a big deal for
us clydes.

>> When the lotto recognizes my worth, or I just decide to spend some
>> money on this hobby I'd like to try the Look Fournalés, a very 21st
>> century looking version of the concept. Look claims 1.1 Kilos for the
>> thing, retails close to a grand so I'm not in a hurry. But damn do
>> the photos look cool.
>
>1.1 kilos is pretty fargin light... I just bought an old Manitou Mars CL
>with a carbon arch, at 1200g or thereabouts... gonna put it on the
>singlespeed.

Nice. Enjoy.

Ron

Phil, Squid-in-Training
March 28th 06, 08:59 AM
RonSonic wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:43:58 -0500, "Phil, Squid-in-Training"
> > wrote:
>
>> RonSonic wrote:
>>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:03:19 -0500, "Phil, Squid-in-Training"

>>> They really go back to offset all the rake introduced by the linkage
>>> extending the legs forward of the head tube. Looks much more natural
>>> on the bike with a wheel in place.
>>
>> Ohh, okay I get it.
>>
>>> I'm really liking the linkage forks, very light and excellent
>>> handling more than makes up for the travel limitation of about 3 -
>>> 3.5 inches. Just not room for a longer link to get more travel
>>> unless we come up with some really bulky compound linkage.
>>
>> I bet it's a lot more laterally rigid than typical single-crowns.
>
> Kinda like a rigid fork but with suspension, no whip or torsion at
> all. Probably doesn't make much difference for guys as light as you,
> but it's a big deal for us clydes.

That was the kind of feeling I got when I rode a friend's old, old C'dale
with a short-travel Headshok. That was so stiff... no play no flex, only
the suspension itself with those needle bearings and stuff... I definitely
noticed the difference in comparison to my Fox.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home