PDA

View Full Version : Moab Munifest Photos posted

mgrant
March 27th 06, 03:19 AM
It was another fantastic, brilliant munifest in Moab, UT this weekend.

If posting photos of MMF2006 was I race I declare myself a winner!
Unfortunately for me, my riding was not quite as fast. But I had a
great time nonetheless.

I'd like to extend a special THANKS! to John Childs who is prepared for
everything; including me forgetting to bring a memory card for my
camera. Thanks John.

Also, it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway. Thanks to Rolf
and his entire family for organizing and hosting the MMF.

Anyway - straight from John's 256MB flash memory card:

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Michael_Grant/mmf06

EDIT:
The above URL doens't appear to work so try:
http://tinyurl.com/j59s7

-mg

--
mgrant

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
breath, and one day closer to death.
michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
Gallery: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Michael_Grant/
mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440

habbywall
March 27th 06, 04:33 AM
please elaborate on this one
http://tinyurl.com/nytfw

--
habbywall

da billboard is over

> look her up in the phone book, then go over to her house, and stare in
> her window late at night.

-james potter on getting a gf
habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

mgrant
March 27th 06, 05:10 PM
habbywall wrote:
> please elaborate on this one
> http://tinyurl.com/nytfw

It looks like they've taken down the website but an archive can be
found at:

http://tinyurl.com/rhqyt

--
mgrant

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
breath, and one day closer to death.
michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
Gallery: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Michael_Grant/
mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440

johnfoss
March 27th 06, 08:54 PM
Thanks for posting the pix! I recognized almost all the people, as well
as the Porcupine Rim Trail. Now I guess I'll have to wait at least two
years to ride the whole thing... But those trails aren't going
anywhere, so no worries!

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine

aspenmike
March 28th 06, 02:56 AM
JC on Sovereign Singletrack, great riding with ya JC!

|Filename: JC MUni MMF 06 001.JPG |

aspenmike
aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768

forget_your_life
March 28th 06, 07:02 AM
J_C is breaking the rules of engagement with the shoelaces there...

_______________-

hey i noticed Steve Howard in one of your pix, thats the first if seen
or heard from him in over a year...based on the all the "red" uni's and
pedals, i'd say thats his truck in the back ground too.

--
forget_your_life

dream one dream many....
*'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558

jorge
March 28th 06, 05:26 PM
I posted my pictures to:

http://tinyurl.com/kh924

They came out in the reverse order than they were taken, so start from
the back, especially for the sequences at the begining.

Now I can post last year's pictures.

Jorge

--
jorge
jorge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7755

corbin
March 28th 06, 07:00 PM
Thanks everyone for posting pictures! It was great seeing and riding
with everyone again. Jorge -- great pictures, and it was good seeing
you again!
-corbin

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
corbin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7561

uniMcPeat
March 28th 06, 11:18 PM
habbywall wrote:
> please elaborate on this one
> http://tinyurl.com/nytfw

Custum frame and cranks.
My brother and I (I could barely reach the pedals) tried it.
Its got a bike seaat on it.
And that hub is SUPER thick.

--
uniMcPeat

Mega League Pogo Team 05-06

> i have a headache

-unijesse

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
uniMcPeat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10313

brockfisher05
March 29th 06, 12:57 AM
yeah MOAB WAS A BLAST!!

when i was there I meat this kid named cody and man he was frekin
mental he was a relly skilled rider but man he was not case lol. And
then I meat up with some guys from spokane, Phill and Noah these guys
rock and we got some pictures so here are some of the hilight pictures
as well as some that looked cool

http://tinyurl.com/gbwwp

--
brockfisher05

Also a member of the Vancouver unicycle group

ADD ME AT:
brockfisher05's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8363

forrestunifreak
March 29th 06, 01:36 AM
Here's "some" of my pictures, I'll load the rest in a bit.

http://tinyurl.com/l6gct

I don't have a lot of greta pic's, but I got sortof a lot of video

--
forrestunifreak

Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*jonny peacock is a
man

For 15% off your first order of Hammer Nutrition Products go to
http://www.e-caps.com/affiliates/82904

brockfisher05
March 29th 06, 03:20 AM
here is the picture I am going to put in the local bike shop along with
other one sof me riding. If you ever get the chance to come to B.C stop
by any of the Caps bicycle shops they are really nice and usually give
you good deals!

|Filename: poster.jpg |

brockfisher05

Also a member of the Vancouver unicycle group

ADD ME AT:
brockfisher05's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8363

unicycle6869
March 29th 06, 05:10 PM
brockfisher05 wrote:
> here is the picture I am going to put in the local bike shop along with
> other one sof me riding. If you ever get the chance to come to B.C stop
> by any of the Caps bicycle shops they are really nice and usually give
> you good deals!

No offense but I don't think that's the best picture cause you aren't
on the unicycle, you can't tell it's a unicycle and the backgrounds not
very good! Just my opinion......not trying to knock you or anything but
I think you have better ones than that one.

--
unicycle6869

Jamey (formerly known as tuna6869)

Which is worse, a president who screws an intern, or a president who
screws the country?

*20 Years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you
didn't do than by the things you did-EXPLORE-DREAM-LIVE!
unicycle6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8990

briguymaine
March 29th 06, 06:55 PM
aspenmike wrote:
> JC on Sovereign Singletrack, great riding with ya JC!

If only you could have captured the crunching sound his GPS made when
he landed!

--
briguymaine

Life is like a box of chocolates? I hate chocolate.
'My blog is at www.munitard.com' (http://www.munitard.com)
briguymaine's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9257

johnfoss
March 29th 06, 08:00 PM
unicycle6869 wrote:
> ....not trying to knock you or anything but I think you have better ones
> than that one.

No way! I like the handicapped parking sign, and the fact he looks like
he's peeing.

But yes, if you actually want to make a poster or something, make sure
people can see there's a unicycle associated with you.

So what is that picture really about???

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine

Jester2000
March 29th 06, 09:36 PM
Here are my photos: http://unicyclejester.com/gallery/trips/moab_06

Definitely a fun-filled event! I was absolutely impressed with the
trails this year. Porcupine Rim and Sovereign trail rocked!

However, I was kind of dissappointed with the Saturday night
festivities. I liked the idea to have it outside, but I felt like it
was harder to socialize with all the different groups of people since
it got dark so fast (there was only one light), and people seemed to
keep leaving. I guess it was just a lot easier last year with everyone
inside that big, brightly-lit cavern. I can't really complain though
since I didn't put a ton of effort in seeking out new unicyclists to
meet and old unicyclists to rekindle a once-or-twice-a-year-friendship
with. But I was of course happy with the idea alone that there were
heeps of people with the same passion I have all over the place. Okay,
I take back my dissappointed feeling... the Saturday night dinner was
"pleasant, but a bit too -calm-."

I also took a bunch of viddies of random stuff... hopefully I'll get
them in my gallery soon

Later,

Jess

--
Jester2000

'unicyclejester.com' (http://www.unicyclejester.com) [ <-- updated]
| 'My Photo Gallery!' (http://www.unicyclejester.com/gallery) | 'My
Comic Strip' (http://www.unicyclejester.com/ramblings.php) | 'My Blog'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com/blog.php)
Jester2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3662

unicycle6869
March 29th 06, 09:58 PM
Jester2000 wrote:
> Here are my photos: http://unicyclejester.com/gallery/trips/moab_06
>
> Definitely a fun-filled event! I was absolutely impressed with the
> trails this year. Porcupine Rim and Sovereign trail rocked!
>
> However, I was kind of dissappointed with the Saturday night
> festivities. I liked the idea to have it outside, but I felt like it
> was harder to socialize with all the different groups of people since
> it got dark so fast (there was only one light), and people seemed to
> keep leaving. I guess it was just a lot easier last year with everyone
> inside that big, brightly-lit cavern. I can't really complain though
> since I didn't put a ton of effort in seeking out new unicyclists to
> meet and old unicyclists to rekindle a once-or-twice-a-year-friendship
> with. But I was of course happy with the idea alone that there were
> heeps of people with the same passion I have all over the place. Okay,
> I take back my dissappointed feeling... the Saturday night dinner was
> "pleasant, but a bit too -calm-."
>
> I also took a bunch of viddies of random stuff... hopefully I'll get
> them in my gallery soon
>
> Later,
>
> Jess

Jess, nice to see ya again. Too bad we didn't have more time to hang
out and party and stuff. We'll have to make up for it at Unicon!

I also agree about the dinner on Sat. I wasn't at the past ones but it
didn't really seem like it was as good as other ones might have been. I
understand that 200 people is alot to fit inside one place so they had
to do what they had to do but I think it would've been better to have
at least some more lights and/or have it before it gets dark.....

BTW-Nice pictures!

--
unicycle6869

Jamey (formerly known as tuna6869)

Which is worse, a president who screws an intern, or a president who
screws the country?

*20 Years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you
didn't do than by the things you did-EXPLORE-DREAM-LIVE!
unicycle6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8990

corbin
March 29th 06, 11:05 PM
sweetness...i'm loooking forward to riding w/everyone again!
.corbin

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
corbin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7561

paco
March 30th 06, 07:54 AM
As has been repeated multiple times already, Moab was great. Here's
'Paco's Pictures' (http://tinyurl.com/pk88n). I've got a couple group
shots, but mostly these are pictures of me, Jon Davis, and a few of Tom
Holub. I can't wait to download the videos people made!

--
paco

Blah Blah Blah BACON Blah Blah Blah
--Harper a-la Catboy

768
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Jester2000
March 30th 06, 10:00 AM
Here's a little compilation of the videos I took with my digital
camera..
If you look through all my 'pictures'
(http://unicyclejester.com/gallery/trips/moab_06/) from the trip and
read the captions, you'll have somewhat of an idea of my trip. Each
random section of the video will make more sense...

SIZE: 36 mb's
TRT: 4:32
FILE: wmv

http://www.unicyclejester.com/videos/moab_2006.wmv

Windows Movie Maker worked great for quickly splicing together these
pesky little clips. I'm definitely going to use it more often for this
kind of thing... the little viddies usually never get to see
daylight..

Later,

Jess

--
Jester2000

'unicyclejester.com' (http://www.unicyclejester.com) [ <-- updated]
| 'My Photo Gallery!' (http://www.unicyclejester.com/gallery) | 'My
Comic Strip' (http://www.unicyclejester.com/ramblings.php) | 'My Blog'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com/blog.php)
Jester2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3662

johnfoss
March 31st 06, 05:02 PM
I really enjoyed Jess' pictures. That was a great sequence of Joey doing
the big drops. Kudos to your little Canon for being able to capture
like that! But then again, I guess that camera's not so good for the
night/low light shots. Or maybe you just have to notice the shutter
speed and hold 'er steady? Las Vegas is a great place to practice night
shots.

I think your "?" guy, taking the ticket from the bag, is Ed Hansen.

Dinner:
In '04 and '05, we were on the verge of outgrowing the Bar M
Chuckwagon. The best thing about that place was the fact that we could
all fit in there and use their sound and projection systems. I don't
think anyone was crazy about the actual dinner. Apparently nothing
bigger is available without paying lots of money, and we unicyclists
tend to be a low-budget crowd. We have to enjoy what we can afford! I
will enjoy whatever gets planned for next year...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine

johnfoss
March 31st 06, 05:07 PM
Thanks Paco for sharing yours as well.

P3240059.JPG, the middle shot of guy hopping with reflection in the
puddle, is definitely my favorite.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine

paco
March 31st 06, 07:49 PM
johnfoss wrote:
> P3240059.JPG, the middle shot of guy hopping with reflection in the
> puddle, is definitely my favorite.

That is Jon Davis (JonnyD), an occasional poster on here. We missed
you in Moab, John Foss. How is your father doing, by the way?

--
paco

Blah Blah Blah BACON Blah Blah Blah
--Harper a-la Catboy

768
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

tomblackwood
April 9th 06, 09:16 AM
jorge wrote:
> I posted my pictures. Jorge

Jorge, nice to see you made it back for your second year of Moab, and
that you and Hawaii Dan were able to connect for some riding. Hopefully
everyone stayed well-hydrated. I just wish I could have made it to do
some riding with you both. I hated missing this year...

TB

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...