EuanB

Stuart Lamble
March 27th 06, 04:52 AM
On 2006-03-27, EuanB > wrote:

> ..give the very next person who tells me to be careful on my bike who
> DOESN'T ride the following reply:
>
> ``Tell you what, you promise to be careful piloting the two tonnes of
> lethal machinery which kills thousands of Australans every year and
> I'll be extra careful on my benign bicycle; just for you.''
>
> OK, I'm tired and grouchy. Nearly home time.

Hey, Euan. Be careful on the ride home, ok?

*dives for cover*

Bleve
March 27th 06, 04:53 AM
Stuart Lamble wrote:
> On 2006-03-27, EuanB > wrote:
> >
> > ..give the very next person who tells me to be careful on my bike who
> > DOESN'T ride the following reply:
> >
> > ``Tell you what, you promise to be careful piloting the two tonnes of
> > lethal machinery which kills thousands of Australans every year and
> > I'll be extra careful on my benign bicycle; just for you.''
> >
> > OK, I'm tired and grouchy. Nearly home time.
>
> Hey, Euan. Be careful on the ride home, ok?

And make sure you wear your helmet!

DaveB
March 27th 06, 04:59 AM
Bleve wrote:

>>Hey, Euan. Be careful on the ride home, ok?
>

> And make sure you wear your helmet!

No way, helmets create more injuries than they prevent!

DaveB "ducks for cover so deep he isn't seen for a week"

flyingdutch
March 27th 06, 05:03 AM
and stop always running red lights :D

--
flyingdutch

EuanB
March 27th 06, 05:05 AM
Bleve Wrote:
> Stuart Lamble wrote:
> > On 2006-03-27, EuanB >
> wrote:
> > >
> > > ..give the very next person who tells me to be careful on my bike
> who
> > > DOESN'T ride the following reply:
> > >
> > > ``Tell you what, you promise to be careful piloting the two tonnes
> of
> > > lethal machinery which kills thousands of Australans every year
> and
> > > I'll be extra careful on my benign bicycle; just for you.''
> > >
> > > OK, I'm tired and grouchy. Nearly home time.
> >
> > Hey, Euan. Be careful on the ride home, ok?
>
> And make sure you wear your helmet!

As you well know Bleve I'm a law abiding citizen, id you miss the
grouchy bit? Can't take a joke....

--
EuanB

EuanB
March 27th 06, 05:13 AM
flyingdutch Wrote:
> and stop always running red lights :D

I nearly got crumped the other day stopping on amber :-(

--
EuanB

Bleve
March 27th 06, 05:16 AM
EuanB wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
> > Stuart Lamble wrote:

> > who

> > of
> > and

> > > Hey, Euan. Be careful on the ride home, ok?
> >
> > And make sure you wear your helmet!
>

> As you well know Bleve I'm a law abiding citizen, id you miss the
> grouchy bit? Can't take a joke....

Come on, you set the joke up, we're just playing along :)

Stuart Lamble
March 27th 06, 05:30 AM
On 2006-03-27, EuanB > wrote:

> Bleve Wrote:
>> Stuart Lamble wrote:
>> > Hey, Euan. Be careful on the ride home, ok?
>>
>> And make sure you wear your helmet!
>
> As you well know Bleve I'm a law abiding citizen, id you miss the
> grouchy bit? Can't take a joke....

"Hook, line, sinker, rod, and copy of Angler's Times, sir."

Stuart Lamble
March 27th 06, 06:16 AM
On 2006-03-27, deejbah > wrote:
> Stuart Lamble Wrote:
>> "Hook, line, sinker, rod, and copy of Angler's Times, sir."
>>
> He did say he was grumpy!

Well, yes. I suppose I really should give up baiting him; it's far too
easy. Jumps out of the water onto the hook before I cast.

monsterman
March 27th 06, 06:38 AM
PHP code:
--------------------

--------------------
EuanB Wrote:
> ...give the very next person who tells me to be careful on my bike who
> DOESN'T ride the following reply:
>
> ``Tell you what, you promise to be careful piloting the two tonnes of
> lethal machinery which kills thousands of Australans every year and
> I'll be extra careful on my benign bicycle; just for you.''
>
> OK, I'm tired and grouchy. Nearly home time.
PHP code:
--------------------

--------------------

and dont forget to wear your "high-vis" lycra booties .. ...:D

--
monsterman

Tamyka Bell
March 27th 06, 06:47 AM
Bleve wrote:

> EuanB wrote:
> > Bleve Wrote:

> > > who

> > > of
> > > and

> > > And make sure you wear your helmet!
> >

> > As you well know Bleve I'm a law abiding citizen, id you miss the
> > grouchy bit? Can't take a joke....
>
> Come on, you set the joke up, we're just playing along :)

*nods solemnly* EuanB should've known better.

Tam

adam85
March 27th 06, 10:31 AM
"EuanB" > wrote in message

> ..give the very next person who tells me to be careful on my bike who
> DOESN'T ride the following reply:
>
> ``Tell you what, you promise to be careful piloting the two tonnes of
> lethal machinery which kills thousands of Australans every year and
> I'll be extra careful on my benign bicycle; just for you.''
>
> OK, I'm tired and grouchy. Nearly home time.
>

> --
> EuanB

My response to "be careful on the way home won't you? It's dangerous out
there." is "Oh you're driving home today are you?"

Adam

Donga
March 27th 06, 10:56 AM
Euan, can you give me a good line for the kindly, aged cyclist who
tells me to take care? I say, "Bah, you're taking all the fun out of
it!"

Donga

rooman
March 27th 06, 11:03 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Ah, now you may see my point about *very rarely* being forced to run a
> red!
ahh..but t'was only to distance your petite self from the bored loutish
hoon in the dark rig yelling out the rig's window causing "flight"
rather than "fight" for your own protection , ...self preservation is
the best defence, even if it means running a red!

;)

--
rooman

cfsmtb
March 27th 06, 11:23 AM
rooman Wrote:
> ahh..but t'was only to distance your petite self from the bored loutish
> hoon in the dark rig yelling out the rig's window causing "flight"
> rather than "fight" for your own protection , ...self preservation is
> the best defence, even if it means running a red!

Oh yes, that bored boofhead. News? Nothing as of yet. Reckon that
little piece of melodrama was all **** & wind :mad:

--
cfsmtb

Euan
March 27th 06, 11:27 AM
cfsmtb wrote:
> EuanB Wrote:
>
>>I nearly got crumped the other day stopping on amber :-(
>

> Ah, now you may see my point about *very rarely* being forced to run a
> red!

Nope. By the time I realised that the driver'd expected me to go on
he'd brought his car to a halt just behind me. The light went red and
it was that point that he overtook me through the red light.

Not the first time that's happened.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

Travis
March 27th 06, 12:26 PM
monsterman wrote:

> and dont forget to wear your "high-vis" lycra booties .. ...:D

Do they come with the prestigious "Atomik" branding?

Travis

cfsmtb
March 27th 06, 12:48 PM
Euan Wrote:

> Nope. By the time I realised that the driver'd expected me to go on
> he'd brought his car to a halt just behind me. The light went red and
> it was that point that he overtook me through the red light.

Just because something didn't happen to you, don't falsely believe it
doesn't occur to other cyclists. May you never find yourself in similar
situations that I've experienced, where the driver behind either does
not slow nor overtakes. Not one of the most pleasant experiences I've
encountered. Even applying a bit of black humour, like thinking
afterwards it was good sprint training, dims that bad memory.

--
cfsmtb

Bleve
March 27th 06, 12:49 PM
Donga wrote:
> Euan, can you give me a good line for the kindly, aged cyclist who
> tells me to take care? I say, "Bah, you're taking all the fun out of
> it!"

"normally, I'd ride like a reckless suicidal maniac, shooting red
lights and playing chicken with oncoming trucks, but since you told me
to take care, I'll consider arriving home alive as a priority instead"

How's that? :)

I use it on my mum regularly. I don't think she's learnt to trust me
yet :)

Gemma_k
March 27th 06, 10:26 PM
"EuanB" > wrote in message
> ``Tell you what, you promise to be careful piloting the two tonnes of
> lethal machinery which kills thousands of Australans every year and
> I'll be extra careful on my benign bicycle; just for you.''

To be honest, I'm very surprised to the (lack of) response to the post I
made late last week regarding a cyclist involved in a very serious accident
here in Adelaide last week on our most popular training climb.

I bet if I had posted that a car did a u-turn in front of a cyclist (who
ended up with a serious back injury), and the car driver then left a false
name and address before disappearing as the ambulance arrived you'd be up in
arms. Wheels of Justice etc would be going ballistic and everyone would be
baying for blood.

However this time it wasn't a car driver, it was another cyclist. One of Us.

Is that an uncomfortable silence I can hear?

Bikes may be mostly benign - but not always.

Gemma

(see below for original post)
A crash happened on Tuesday 21st March approximately 8:30-8:45am on the New
Norton Summit Road, inbetween the Pony Club and the first hairpin.

Grant Leonard (a Norwood Cycling Club/SA Cycling Federation member) and a
friend were descending down Norton Summit Road, and another cyclist
(identity unknown) did a u-turn directly in front of them. Grant apparently
crashed into the cliff wall head-first trying to avoid the unknown rider.
Grant is now in the RAH Spinal Unit with no feeling below his chest (four
broken vertebrae, four broken ribs, broken shoulder) but he remains positive
for recovery.

The cyclist that did the U-turn provided false details, and "left for work'
after the ambulance arrived, but before the police arrived. The only
description we have been given is he was roughly 30-45 years old, had black
hair and a black road bike frame. The jersey he was wearing was potentially
yellow/white.

There were also at least six other cyclists who went past the scene before
the ambulance arrived.

If you know of (or are!) the rider that provided false details, or can
provide any information just as a witness to this crash or crash scene
please contact the SA Police.

Our thoughts are with Grant and his family and friends at this difficult
time and we wish him a speedy and full recovery.

EuanB
March 27th 06, 10:28 PM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Just because something didn't happen to you, don't falsely believe it
> doesn't occur to other cyclists.
I don't, and I don't understand why you think I do.

--
EuanB

flyingdutch
March 27th 06, 11:31 PM
up in arms, certainly Gemma. but we aint in Adelaide, nor did we pass
the accident so I'm not sure what 'we' can do?

--
flyingdutch

Bleve
March 27th 06, 11:57 PM
Gemma_k wrote:

> To be honest, I'm very surprised to the (lack of) response to the post I
> made late last week regarding a cyclist involved in a very serious accident
> here in Adelaide last week on our most popular training climb.

I wasn't suprised that the usual ranting didn't happen, kinda expected
it, oddly enough.

EuanB
March 28th 06, 12:00 AM
Gemma_k Wrote:
> "EuanB" > wrote in message
> > ``Tell you what, you promise to be careful piloting the two tonnes
> of
> > lethal machinery which kills thousands of Australans every year and
> > I'll be extra careful on my benign bicycle; just for you.''
>
> To be honest, I'm very surprised to the (lack of) response to the
> post I
> made late last week regarding a cyclist involved in a very serious
> accident
> here in Adelaide last week on our most popular training climb.
>
> I bet if I had posted that a car did a u-turn in front of a cyclist
> (who
> ended up with a serious back injury), and the car driver then left a
> false
> name and address before disappearing as the ambulance arrived you'd
> be up in
> arms. Wheels of Justice etc would be going ballistic and everyone
> would be
> baying for blood.
Doubt it.

I don't know what you expect of us Gemma. Obviously my sympathies are
with the injured party and my condemnation's with the offender but what
can I do? I'm in Melbourne, I've no idea from the description given who
the rider is; in short I'm not in a position to help.

> However this time it wasn't a car driver, it was another cyclist. One of
> Us.
I don't subscribe to modism. Some here do undoubtedly but I don't.

> Is that an uncomfortable silence I can hear?
No, it's people with nothing to say on the matter because they've
nothing to offer. I'm comfortable that a mode of transport has no
reflection on the character of the operator.

--
EuanB

Theo Bekkers
March 28th 06, 12:31 AM
Gemma_k wrote:

> The cyclist that did the U-turn provided false details, and "left for
> work' after the ambulance arrived, but before the police arrived.

*******o! Crucifixion is too good for him. Probably drives a Prado in his
spare time.

> Our thoughts are with Grant and his family and friends at this
> difficult time and we wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Yes.

Theo

Theo Bekkers
March 28th 06, 12:33 AM
flyingdutch wrote:
> up in arms, certainly Gemma. but we aint in Adelaide, nor did we pass
> the accident so I'm not sure what 'we' can do?

Form a posse. Keep a sharp lookout. He may have ridden to Melbourne to
escape detection. Don't ever do a U-turn.

Theo

Shane Stanley
March 28th 06, 12:48 AM
In article >,
rooman > wrote:

> odd that the traffic laws only require us to signal a right turn

Perhaps not; in the days when indicator lights were still an option on
older cars, the same was true for them.

--
Shane Stanley

Theo Bekkers
March 28th 06, 12:52 AM
Gemma_k wrote:

> To be honest, I'm very surprised to the (lack of) response to the
> post I made late last week regarding a cyclist involved in a very
> serious accident here in Adelaide last week on our most popular
> training climb.

Didn't see (notice?) it.

> I bet if I had posted that a car did a u-turn in front of a cyclist
> (who ended up with a serious back injury), and the car driver then
> left a false name and address before disappearing as the ambulance
> arrived you'd be up in arms.

Certainly. Car drivers are supposed to indicate before carrying out a
U-turn. Are cyclists? What indication do you make for a U-turn?

> Grant Leonard (a Norwood Cycling Club/SA Cycling Federation member)
> and a friend were descending down Norton Summit Road, and another
> cyclist (identity unknown) did a u-turn directly in front of them.
> Grant apparently crashed into the cliff wall head-first trying to
> avoid the unknown rider.

I know I'm gunna get **** for this but:- Were Grant and his friend
travelling at a safe speed or going as quickly as they could? Did they not
see the rider in front of them? Did they make allowances for the (unknown to
them) other rider's intentions or likely capability. It would appear that no
collision took place between Grant and the other bicycle. Grant may have
been going too fast for the (unexpected) change of conditions and had
nowhere to go when the unknown rider deviated from his path. It is possible
that the rider looked but misjudged the approach speed of Grant and his
friend, expecting other riders to be travelling at the speed he himself
usually rode at. If located, I doubt he could be charged with anything other
than giving a false name. Probably not even that as he did not give it to
the police.

> The cyclist that did the U-turn provided false details, and "left for
> work' after the ambulance arrived, but before the police arrived.

That's bad, but to whom did he give these false details? The ambulance
attendants? Bystanders? Not a crime as far as I'm aware, especially as he
was not actually involved in a collision with anyone. "I was riding down the
road Your Honour, and, after looking, turned around. As I turned these two
maniacs passed me within inches and one crashed into the wall. I don't know
how anyone can control a bicycle at that speed".

Sorry Gemma.

Theo

EuanB
March 28th 06, 01:22 AM
Theo Bekkers Wrote:

> I know I'm gunna get **** for this but:- Were Grant and his friend
> travelling at a safe speed or going as quickly as they could?

Not from me, I think that's a reasonable question.

Sunday I was descending the 1/20 and I was going pretty fast. The guy
I was with had dropped back a bit so I waited and when he passed me
carried on. I could quite easily have overtaken him but safely? No,
don't think so.

One, I knew that being primarily a MTBer he's quite new to road bikes.
Two I knew it was his first time descending on a road bike. Three,
overtaking him would have meant travelling faster than the distance I
could brake for any forseeable hazards.

IMO too many cyclists travel at a speed in excess of their ability to
stop, I see it every day commuting.

That doesn't mean that the cyclist who gave false details is blameless
though.

--
EuanB

flyingdutch
March 28th 06, 01:36 AM
EuanB Wrote:

> IMO too many cyclists travel at a speed in excess of their ability to
> stop, I see it every day commuting.

Personally going down Harris Gully Roa at 91kph
(and blah at 101kph purportedly) is feckin insane.
The only way I'm stopping involves a lot hurties or scrub :(

--
flyingdutch

Theo Bekkers
March 28th 06, 01:44 AM
EuanB wrote:
> Theo Bekkers Wrote:

>> I know I'm gunna get **** for this but:- Were Grant and his friend
>> travelling at a safe speed or going as quickly as they could?

> That doesn't mean that the cyclist who gave false details is blameless
> though.

No, not at all. It takes two parties to have an accident, one to be in the
wrong and one to be righteous. "What do you mean you didn't contribute to
the accident? You were there weren't you?" (reportedly said by a
magistrate).

Theo

Bleve
March 28th 06, 03:07 AM
flyingdutch wrote:
> EuanB Wrote:
> >
> > IMO too many cyclists travel at a speed in excess of their ability to
> > stop, I see it every day commuting.
> >

> Personally going down Harris Gully Roa at 91kph

must. find. this. road.

Shane Stanley
March 28th 06, 05:53 AM
In article . com>,
"Bleve" > wrote:

> > Personally going down Harris Gully Roa at 91kph
>
> must. find. this. road.

Borrow a tandem. A hill near here is a 75-80kmh job, maybe 85 if the
wind's behind you and you push hard. One of our regulars brought his
wife along on his tandem, and they cruised past me at 95kmh+...

--
Shane Stanley

cfsmtb
March 28th 06, 06:30 AM
Gemma_k Wrote:

> I bet if I had posted that a car did a u-turn in front of a cyclist
> (who
> ended up with a serious back injury), and the car driver then left a
> false
> name and address before disappearing as the ambulance arrived you'd be
> up in
> arms. Wheels of Justice etc would be going ballistic and everyone
> would be
> baying for blood.
>
> However this time it wasn't a car driver, it was another cyclist. One
> of Us.

And in Adeliade! We in Melbourne, so therefore can't give you a
firsthand witness account. Have you tried posting this information to
Cycle2Max, numerous road cycling forums, or considered writing to
Cycling News?

--
cfsmtb

Euan
March 28th 06, 08:46 AM
Gemma_k wrote:
> "EuanB" > wrote in message
>
>>``Tell you what, you promise to be careful piloting the two tonnes of
>>lethal machinery which kills thousands of Australans every year and
>>I'll be extra careful on my benign bicycle; just for you.''
>

> To be honest, I'm very surprised to the (lack of) response to the post I
> made late last week regarding a cyclist involved in a very serious accident
> here in Adelaide last week on our most popular training climb.
> snip <

If you're going to change the subject of the thread, you're better off
starting a new thread. Your subject change, `Re: Cyclists = Hypocrits?'
did not propagate to Cyclingforums.com where a lot of aus.bicycle's
audience accesses the forum from.

I didn't realise that myself until today.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

Euan
March 28th 06, 08:49 AM
Shane Stanley wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "Bleve" > wrote:
>

>>>Personally going down Harris Gully Roa at 91kph
>>
>>must. find. this. road.
>

> Borrow a tandem. A hill near here is a 75-80kmh job, maybe 85 if the
> wind's behind you and you push hard. One of our regulars brought his
> wife along on his tandem, and they cruised past me at 95kmh+...

You keep posting stuff like that and I'm never going to get Suzie on a
bicycle built for two. Quit it!
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

Euan
March 28th 06, 08:52 AM
Shane Stanley wrote:
> In article >,
> rooman > wrote:
>

>>odd that the traffic laws only require us to signal a right turn
>

> Perhaps not; in the days when indicator lights were still an option on
> older cars, the same was true for them.

Really? That's surprising. All signals can are covered by the Highway
code in the UK.

Right turn an outstretched arm, as you'd expect. Slowing, arm held
horizontally moving up and down. Turning left arm bent upright at
ninety degrees and circling through to the horizontal.

Frankly I'm glad I had working indicators ;-)
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

TimC
March 28th 06, 09:08 AM
On 2006-03-28, Euan (aka Bruce)
> Gemma_k wrote:
>> To be honest, I'm very surprised to the (lack of) response to the post I
>> made late last week regarding a cyclist involved in a very serious accident
>> here in Adelaide last week on our most popular training climb.

Sorry about that -- there's not much I can do (as others have said).
Additionally, I have resigned myself to realise that there is no way
the guy will be caught. What he did was an exceedingly stupid thing
to do, but he is almost completely anonymous on a bike.

And yes, I believe he was completely in the wrong. Others have said
the rider who got taken down was partly to blame for not leaving
enough room to brake -- and I call bull****. You can't always pass a
car and leave enough room to brake if the car suddenly decides to pull
out -- how can that be expected to be different for a bike?

If you need reminding about unavoidable collisions, just look at that
motorcycle helmet cam video.

> If you're going to change the subject of the thread, you're better off
> starting a new thread. Your subject change, `Re: Cyclists = Hypocrits?'
> did not propagate to Cyclingforums.com where a lot of aus.bicycle's
> audience accesses the forum from.
>
> I didn't realise that myself until today.

It'd be better if CF didn't break 30 year old rules of USENET. The
convention elsewhere is that if the topic of a thread changes, it's
very impolite to let the thread keep the same subject line. For
interests of continuity, you put a "(Was: old subject line)" at the
end.

--
TimC
I'm not a procrastinator! I'm temporally challenged! --unknown

Zebee Johnstone
March 28th 06, 09:21 AM
In aus.bicycle on Tue, 28 Mar 2006 07:49:07 GMT
Euan > wrote:

> You keep posting stuff like that and I'm never going to get Suzie on a
> bicycle built for two. Quit it!

Just promise her you'll be the stoker and she gets the steering.

I saw a web page about a husband and wife on a tandem where the stoker
faces backwards.... damned if I can find it now!

Zebee

cfsmtb
March 28th 06, 09:28 AM
Euan Wrote:

> If you're going to change the subject of the thread, you're better off
> starting a new thread. Your subject change, `Re: Cyclists =
> Hypocrits?'
> did not propagate to Cyclingforums.com where a lot of aus.bicycle's
> audience accesses the forum from.
>
> I didn't realise that myself until today.

Same here, but regarding the original thread, please keep in mind just
because a throng of people didn't respond to it doesn't mean it went
unread. Kicked off other threads on Gemma's behalf, see below. Also
posted to several SA email contacts + CMass Adelaide yahoogroup.

SA Tri Forum:
http://s4.invisionfree.com/Triathlon_SA/index.php?showtopic=1160

Cyclingforums: Australia and New Zealand
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t327318.html

Cyclingforums: Road Racing
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t327319.html

Cycle2Max (general forum)
http://tinyurl.com/qnqct

Cycle2Max (SA forum) - existing thread:
http://tinyurl.com/f7fvg

--
cfsmtb

Euan
March 28th 06, 09:32 AM
TimC wrote:

> And yes, I believe he was completely in the wrong. Others have said
> the rider who got taken down was partly to blame for not leaving
> enough room to brake -- and I call bull****.

Incorrect. The question's been asked, no judgement has been passed.
How can we judge when we weren't there?

>>If you're going to change the subject of the thread, you're better off
>>starting a new thread. Your subject change, `Re: Cyclists = Hypocrits?'
>>did not propagate to Cyclingforums.com where a lot of aus.bicycle's
>>audience accesses the forum from.
>>
>>I didn't realise that myself until today.
>

> It'd be better if CF didn't break 30 year old rules of USENET. The
> convention elsewhere is that if the topic of a thread changes, it's
> very impolite to let the thread keep the same subject line. For
> interests of continuity, you put a "(Was: old subject line)" at the
> end.

Agreed, however much of Gamma's message was lost because the subject
wasn't propagated. I figued she'd want to know that.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

Shane Stanley
March 28th 06, 09:56 AM
In article >,
Euan > wrote:

> Right turn an outstretched arm, as you'd expect. Slowing, arm held
> horizontally moving up and down. Turning left arm bent upright at
> ninety degrees and circling through to the horizontal.

I *think* both stop and left-turn here were the arm bent up at ninety
degrees; there certainly wasn't any circling or moving up and down
involved.

> Frankly I'm glad I had working indicators ;-)

Given the way some of them worked -- those old ones that popped out from
the pillar were a prime example -- the difference was often minor.

--
Shane Stanley

Bleve
March 28th 06, 10:38 AM
Shane Stanley wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "Bleve" > wrote:
>
> > > Personally going down Harris Gully Roa at 91kph
> >
> > must. find. this. road.
>
> Borrow a tandem. A hill near here is a 75-80kmh job, maybe 85 if the
> wind's behind you and you push hard. One of our regulars brought his
> wife along on his tandem, and they cruised past me at 95kmh+...

I have wanted a tandem roady for years. The ultimate Beach Rd bunch
buster. two half-decent roadies on it, pick up a couple of bunches and
gradually wind it up ... ping, ping, ping .... ping, ping, ping ....

anyone left back there? :)

Shane Stanley
March 28th 06, 11:02 AM
In article m>,
"Bleve" > wrote:

> I have wanted a tandem roady for years.

This was actually a MTB tandem (Cannondale), with 26" wheels and slicks.
Lots of spokes and very hefty brakes. Oh, and a very fit rider up
front...

--
Shane Stanley

Aeek
March 28th 06, 02:10 PM
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 07:56:16 +1030, "Gemma_k"
> wrote:

>To be honest, I'm very surprised to the (lack of) response to the post I
>made late last week regarding a cyclist involved in a very serious accident
>here in Adelaide last week on our most popular training climb.

It was very specific, but thanks for spreading the word.

I wasn't/can't so didn't. We all mistook that to mean don't reply?

>Our thoughts are with Grant and his family and friends at this difficult
>time and we wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Mine too

Andre

Tamyka Bell
March 31st 06, 04:43 AM
Bleve wrote:

> Gemma_k wrote:
>
> > To be honest, I'm very surprised to the (lack of) response to the post I
> > made late last week regarding a cyclist involved in a very serious accident
> > here in Adelaide last week on our most popular training climb.
>
> I wasn't suprised that the usual ranting didn't happen, kinda expected
> it, oddly enough.

Sorry, I just didn't say anything because I was crook, and didn't have
anything to contribute. I once stacked my bike when someone freaked out
and steered at me, when we had plenty of clearance. B!tch yelled at me
and took off. She's lucky she left quickly, or I would've thrown her in
the river, bike and all.

Aside from being very poor form, what you reported is just another
example of people unwilling to take responsibility for their own
actions, which seems to be perfectly acceptable in today's "society".
And I'm disgusted. Hopefully someone has something to report.

Tam

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home