PDA

View Full Version : Bearings came off ????

polyphonic Hippie
March 27th 06, 04:07 PM
Today i gave my uni a full service its a 2005 KH 20" and when i removed
the cranks and all the spacers etc i was able to just slip the bearings
off the hub is this normal i thought i would have to use a bearing
puller to get them off

--
polyphonic Hippie
polyphonic Hippie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11609

remus
March 27th 06, 04:48 PM
yes, that is normal.

rem

--
remus

keep smiling, it makes people wander what your up to.:D
remus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11870

Eddbmxdude
March 27th 06, 04:59 PM
remus wrote:
> yes, that is normal.
>
> rem

Are you sure?

The bearings shouldn't be able to "just slide off". The bearings should
be a tight fit on the axle. There is something wrong if they can slide
off!

Ride on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Why Use two wheels when one is twice as good?

Its like England here....... Iv never seen so much sun!

Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt (then its just
hilarious!)
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

remus
March 27th 06, 05:05 PM
hmmmm, thats what its like on my uni, it is a very cheap ebay one though
so your probably right.

rem

--
remus

keep smiling, it makes people wander what your up to.:D
remus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11870

Jerrick
March 27th 06, 05:14 PM
The bearings on my DX where able to slide off very easily, they weren't
loose but they were able to just slide on and off.

--
Jerrick

from chosen:

can you give me a shoutout in your sig. some thing like i love
jonny....or jonny is the coolest. or be creative. but pleeeasssee can i
have a shoutout from you?

jonny

pdc
March 27th 06, 05:29 PM
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It's OK as long as there is no
discernable play in them.

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

polyphonic Hippie
March 27th 06, 05:48 PM
Cheers for the feedback lads
I dont realy mind it aint causing any problems my uni isnt making any
noise at all so it must be ok
plus it will make it easy to replace them and i wont have to fork out
money for a bearing extractor Oh Yeah

--
polyphonic Hippie
polyphonic Hippie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11609